[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

Oauth enabled?

Yes, indeed. I followed the guide and did everything twice, but still I can get it to work.

Old app???

Samsung smartthings new app, hubitat elevation C7 updated to the latest firmware. I'm I missing something?

Iā€™d give the old one a try. I know the new one has had issues and HC (for me) was one of them.

Which version of HubConnect are you trying?

This is a new install, not an upgrade, correct?

You have a Hubitat C-7 that is the HubConnect Server, yes?

v1.6.4 will not work with ST new App, just 'classic app' -- so it makes a difference as ST begins winding down Classic.

The instructions for HubConnect v2 (new) Install can be found at:

Running ecobees and see that humidity is not subscribed for Thermostats.

Updated 'HubConnect Remote Client' to add "humidity":

"thermostat":		[driver: "Thermostat", selector: "genericThermostats", capability: "thermostat", prefGroup: "other", synthetic: false, attr: ["coolingSetpoint", "heatingSetpoint", "schedule", "supportedThermostatFanModes", "supportedThermostatModes", "temperature", "thermostatFanMode", "thermostatMode", "thermostatOperatingState", "thermostatSetpoint", "humidity"]],

Updated 'HubConnect Server Instance' to add "humidity":

"thermostat":		[driver: "Thermostat", selector: "genericThermostats", capability: "thermostat", prefGroup: "other", synthetic: false, attr: ["coolingSetpoint", "heatingSetpoint", "schedule", "supportedThermostatFanModes", "supportedThermostatModes", "temperature", "thermostatFanMode", "thermostatMode", "thermostatOperatingState", "thermostatSetpoint", "humidity"]],

And optional updated "HubConnect Thermostat" to add the widget:

tileAttribute("device.temperature", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL")
		{
			attributeState("temperature", label:'${currentValue}Ā°', icon: "st.alarm.temperature.normal",
				backgroundColors:
				[
						// Celsius
						[value: 0, color: "#153591"],
						[value: 7, color: "#1e9cbb"],
						[value: 15, color: "#90d2a7"],
						[value: 23, color: "#44b621"],
						[value: 28, color: "#f1d801"],
						[value: 35, color: "#d04e00"],
						[value: 37, color: "#bc2323"],
						// Fahrenheit
						[value: 40, color: "#153591"],
						[value: 44, color: "#1e9cbb"],
						[value: 59, color: "#90d2a7"],
						[value: 74, color: "#44b621"],
						[value: 84, color: "#f1d801"],
						[value: 95, color: "#d04e00"],
						[value: 96, color: "#bc2323"]
				]
			)
        }
        tileAttribute("device.humidity", key: "SECONDARY_CONTROL") {
            attributeState("humidity", label:'${currentValue}%', unit:"%", defaultState: true)
        }
    }

This would be for 1.64 & RC2 from inspection. Not sure if others need/wanted.

The Correct method is to create a Custom Driver.

Modifying the App is fast today and fraught with pitfalls long term. :slight_smile:

Thought it might be a function miss since you did include the capability "Relative Humidity Measurement" in the ST DH but didn't add the event registration. My bad.

It's always been impossible to Keep Up with manufacturers and the mix of capabilities they want to include. 'Popularity' is of course, a factor too. We have 3 Motion Sensors by my count.. and their differences are minor but specifically tailored to a type of device.. Iris being the smallest set of capabilities, then Dome and finally Aeon MultiSensor 6.

KNOWING that we couldn't keep up, and noting that this was the primary problem with Hub Link/ Link to Hub (worked great for it's era, but devices soon over took it) Custom Drivers existed from the earliest days of HubConnect... that's the way to keep things extensible.

:slight_smile:

However, the opposite is true too.. too many drivers is a royal pain in the...

I have, what I feel is, a stupid question. But i've been running on 3 hrs of sleep and have been up since 2am so forgive me. I am wondering with the HubConnect, I have 2 HE hubs on either side of my house, one C5 (primary) and a C7 (client to C5). The C7 is about 4 feet from my Schlage Lock (BE469, yea i know). Now the question I have is does the C7 nearest to my Schlage Lock talk to the lock and relay via HubConnect, OR does the C5 (primary) still do all the Z-Wave talking and only relays information to the C7 client? Does that make sense, cause in my current state I am confused LOL.. Thanks.

Any Z-Device is Joined/Paired to a hub. That hub does the communications and if a device is 'mirrored' to another hub, then traffic for the real device goes to the Hub that has the real device paired/joined.

Thanks.. that what i figured i just couldn't get my sleep deprived brain to register it!!

1 Like

I've got Hubconnect successfully installed between my new C7 (Server) and ST Hub. I'm trying to connect to my Samsung fridge. I've selected it in the classic ST app to synchronize with the SE hub, but I don't know how to get it to show up under Devices.

Also, when I choose devices, when should I select "Remove unused devices on the remote hub?" What does that do?

Just out of curiosity what does your fridge show you in ST?

Classic app

New app

Will there be a version of HubConnect for SmartThings that will work with their new API, as the Groovy IDE is in the process of being retired?

1 Like

@csteele would likely say there is no way of knowing this until @srwhite returns from camping. It seems like it was in December last year.

Ideally migrate over the majority of your devices and just keep the ones you need on ST. There's enough developers on here someone will probably come up with something soon either way.

1 Like

Ok, I'll say it... there is no way of knowing this until @srwhite returns from camping. If last year was an indicator of this year, the first 10 days of November.

Because I have no more contact with him than you do, :slight_smile: I can only guess that he might be blindsided by their haste to migrate. I've mentioned before that I asked for clarification regarding features they suggested, but got no reply. I assume that's because they can read too and know we're waiting on Steve, and no point in telling Me. :smiley:

1 Like