[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

Thanks. I’ll try again. I did find that nice tool that you made, but I couldn’t get it to show the separate clamps. I probably didn’t do it right.

1 Like

I you're using 1.6.4, the builder might be broken on displaying custom attributes in the code.. I would have in there for v2!

1 Like

I used the links that were in the PDF, is that V2? I didn’t pay attention to the version.

1 Like

HubConnect v2.0 is in Beta (still) :slight_smile:

The current general release is v1.6.4 found here:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for this....

2 Likes

sorry.. Didn't mean to imply one should... Apple believes THEY are the center of the Universe and until everyone else agrees, they won't be changing. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks. Anyway to adjust logic so a reboot doesn’t trigger things to start?

Awesome thank you!

1 Like

@srwhite another enhancement if I may... in safety could you include a section for general “sensor” devices? In light of a house exploding last summer in Charlotte due to a gas leak I now have 3 Heiman gas sensors. This device is now included as of the 2.1.7 release. Unfortunately there isn’t a gas capability yet and the only capabilities for this stock driver are:
"capabilities":["Configuration","Sensor"]

I would like to sync these with my coordinator hub where the Hubconnect driver has the smoke capability for the mean time so I can setup HSM alerts.

Thank you for your consideration and continued support of this awesome app,

2 Likes

How can I access my HubConnect devices in SmartThings. I seem to be missing something. Thanks

1 Like

This page has instructions and videos explaining how to do this.

1 Like

On SmartThings IDE, you install the Remote Client for SmartThings, plus all the drivers. There are two sets of drivers. "Universal" are what the name implied, they work on SmartThings or on Hubitat. There's another set, in the SmartThings folder of the Repo that have Tiles.

The Universal set do not have Tiles, the SmartThings set do have Tiles. The Universal set enables Automation on SmartThings to work with Hubitat devices. (Automations don't use fingers to poke tiles. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Attention Beta Team... HubConnect v2 Beta 6 has been released. This will be the final beta.

Please report any issues using the ticket system.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Installed without a hitch. Very nice!

2 Likes

Where can I find the beta?

I just got my HE and am interested in HubConnect, so I figure why start with 1.6 if 2.0 is so close.

1 Like

I know this is really late in the testing process, but is it possible to include a link in the Hubconnect driver to the real device in the other hub?

I cant remember which hub my devices are on, and I'm always going to the wrong hub. Drives me batty.

1 Like

Not exactly what you're looking for; however, the IP address of the Hubitat/ST hub with the real device is indicated in the HubConnect device ....

So at least you can get the correct hub.

2 Likes

As @aaiyar said, on Server's hub, the Device list has the DNI column. And under v2.0 it looks like:

I looked at my v1.6.4 Server and it looks quite similar. It is the same on the Remote side.. if you're like me and have multiple HubConnect Servers running, the Remote's DNI has the IP of Server.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the correct place for this. I’m using the thermostat driver to control my NST manager from ST. It has been working for a week or so. However, I’m seeing this error in the logs. An advice would be great.

2020-03-13 10:56:20.301 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_shackrat_HubConnect_Thermostat_354.currentValue() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [thermostatMode] on line 249 (refreshLRM)

1 Like

I'd suggest changing line 249 of "HubConnect Thermostat"

def tm = device.currentValue("thermostatMode")

(add "device." in front of "current")

2 Likes

I have been trying to install HubConnect for a while now. I tried following the instructions but I think I missed a step or something. First I am trying to sync a Hubitat hub as my server to my Smarthings hub as the client. In the Hubitat Server Instance configuration, when I try to connect to a remote hub, When it asks for the Private LAN IP of the Client Hub, is it asking for the Smarthings LAN IP or the Hubitat server IP? Either way it does not seem to work.

When I go to the Smarthings classic app, I enter the Local LAN IP of the Server (Hubitat) and paste in the connection key that I got from the Hubitat config, I get "Not Connected :: Error: Not Found in the bottom of the Smarthings Classic App. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like