[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

I have uninstalled this as no longer need but on reboot, it looks like its still present
do do you remove app which are no longer installed?

When you wish to entirely remove HubConnect:

15%20AM

You should click that Toggle for "Remove virtual shadow devices..."

Otherwise, you'll have to go through and manually remove them.

thanks, it was a device lingering , i used the big red button on the setting page!
ta

Is this node.js event filtering version ready for prime time?

In my opinion, Yes.

But it will be passing through the Beta team first... It has become a very large release, with hundreds of lines of code added, for so many new features. My favorite (obscure) one are changes in the Connect to a Hub flow. It's 'interlocked' now to insure each step gets completed before the next. I like it because there's only one question to answer at a time, not presented with a page full of fields to 'study.'

You can sneak a peek at the flow in this Video:

2 Likes

Nice work. Can I be part of beta? When do you project full production release?

Maybe i'm missing it, but it would be nice to have built in support for RM connectors also. I have a number of virtual bulbs/switches that I've created that I want to share.

thanks

Client error:
Not Connected
Error: Instance in use by another hub

I am stumped.

There is a bundled driver to transport these between hubs. I don’t know if it fully supports them as I do not use global vars, but those who have tested it say it works.

RM doesn’t offer any sort of API so the integration does its best to work around this limitation.

The server will not allow you to set up a second instance to the same hub (and IP address). This error is letting you know that the server already has a connection configured to communicate with that hub.

I would double-check your other server instances to try to locate where the conflict is happening. You can run a technical support report to see all of your system data. That will help to track this down quickly.

The next release of HubConnect will do a much better job of reporting the source of these conflicts.

Is that the GVomnisensor type? My “virtual color temperature light” devices don’t show up in the list. Maybe those could just be added to the RGB or RGBW bulb type?

My RM connectors that are “virtual switches” show up as switches in the list.

It is. I honestly don’t think it’s working correctly in the current release. I know @csteele has tested the next release of it for me but it might not work well for you at the moment.

Hmm. The RM connector virtual switch works via the HubConnect switch driver. Would it be possible to make the virtual color light work with the RBG bulb driver (it does not currently appear in that list)?

Started from scratch, did not realize that I had to delete the client hub from the servers device list. All seems well at this moment.
Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Can we be part of the beta release? Is it faster? Cheers!

There's some speed benefits to be had, for some at least. The test is finally just getting started, and you're welcome to participate, provided that your system can meet these requirements..

Drop me a PM if interested.

@csteele @srwhite I am still running 1.4 because it’s been working well. Knowing new versions are on the near horizon should I wait to upgrade or will things go better if I upgrade to 1.6 first?

You don't have to upgrade at all :smiley:
You're on Hubitat where upgrades are at your pace.

If you have a stable system where you aren't adding devices then the features of the newer versions aren't very compelling. "If it's not broke, don't fix it" is a saying that sits right alongside of "KISS"

The base level HubConnect using http(oAuth) is an amazing piece of software. v1.5 and 1.6 brought bidirectional EventSocket, because that's a transport mechanism that is very 'light weight' to the Hubs. I can't say there's NO processing power needed but it's certainly minimal. That's a great feature if you need to somehow get processing power back onto the Hub. In other words, the load difference between http(oAuth) and EventSocket, is noticeable. But if your hubs aren't needing that relief, don't give it to 'm :slight_smile:

The next version, (was v1.7 but is now...) v2.0 adds a lot of 'setup' features. For all new HubConnect users, the way is smoother. If you're not on the verge of adding another Hub, then those features won't even be seen by you. :slight_smile: The largest feature is the introduction of an independent NodeJS Server that provides filtering of the Event Socket stream. Each hub sees ONLY the minimal traffic. Again, that's beneficial to those with a lot of Events per second per hub, giving back processing power and time to the Hub.

I've exposed 'teaser' videos which allow you to see the new interface. Its intent is to make the big jobs easier.. like adding more devices to be mirrored. The new Quick Select and DeviceMatch are both features that allow you to select devices more rapidly or more directly.

I for one, would not like to go back to v1.4, just like you will hesitate to go to v2.0. I would find v1.4 unfamiliar, you'll find v2.0 unfamiliar.

The final benefit I'll mention is the reports. V2.0 brings a lot of reporting enhancements. @srwhite has teased that previously. :slight_smile: This includes being able to submit Tickets directly, and have them include technical details.

2 Likes

That was a great response... However I don't know if it answered the question, at least in a literal sense. :slight_smile:

From an upgrade path you can go from 1.4 to the new release when it's available. Anything older than 1.4 will not be able to directly upgrade.

3 Likes

Hi so I got hub connect setup with my smart things hub, and I went to synchronize my devices and selected them all, but they aren't being added to my hubitat devices. I am adding a smartsense motion sensor, and two multipurpose sensors.