Below is a link to the custom driver, I hope Steve doesn't care if we post custom drivers though (I can take down if so)?:
Instructions on 2.0, not sure if 1.6 is different since I haven't used 1.6 in such a long time but I think it's pretty much the same or will vary a tiny bit:
- Add this custom driver to your Hub you want this driver to be on, usually on server hub unless this device is on the hub that is your server.
- Go to the hub that HubConnect Server is on and open the HubConnect app.
- Go to Manage Custom Drivers
- Go to Add Driver
- On "Attribute Class Name (letters & numbers only):" section, fill in: ringrangeextender
- On "Device Driver Name" section, fill in HubConnect Ring Range Extender
- Attribute 1 that is a dropdown menu, pick "battery"
- Click Add Input to add another attribute and input: acStatus
- Click Add Input to add another attribute and input: batteryStatus
Screenshot of what it'll look like on 2.0 version but 1.6 should look similar:
- Click Save Driver and driver should be saved now.
- Click Next to exit Custom Drivers Then Done to exit the HubConnect Server app.
- On the hub where this device physically connects to, goto HubConnect App on that hub now.
- Click on "Connect local devices to Remote Hub or Server Hub" depends if this hub is remote or server to add this device to HubConnect.
- Click on Custom Drivers.
- Find HubConnect Ring Range Extender on this list and click on it.
- Add your Ring Range Extender to this option then click Done.
- Click Next then Done to close out and this device should now be added to your Server.
These instructions can help anyone that isn't sure how to do custom drivers, I have 15 custom drivers on my HubConnect right now and I made all of them besides Echo Speaks driver that someone else made on the Echo Speaks post. The Attributes, you would add all of them that is like mentioned above on steps 7 to 9 in the driver, Echo Speaks has 37 attributes for example I have on the custom driver but I think Version 2.0 of HubConnect added option for more attributes that 1.6 would allow for.