[Release] Hub Variable Sync

I ran a test of 5 arm/disarm with no delay, and all the events on both sides fired, but it looked like HSM at some point stopped responding; somewhere between a 500ms and 1000ms delay it started responding again.

Added some additional logic to streamline things on my end and not hit HSM quite so hard in this type of situation, but not sure that it will be enough to solve your issue. Envisalink should be toggling the same way I am at some point -

sendLocationEvent(name: "hsmSetArm", value:"armXxxx")

Yeah agreed - not sure what the state of Envisalink support is... I'll have to do some digging.

Which version are you running??

I'm running the HE native version (not the rPI version)... the app claims App [Envisalink 0.5.3] Driver [Envisalink 0.8.4] .

Added the option to resync the variables, HSM status and mode at Reboot. (Under the Remote Hub section.) If selected this option will notify the remote hub that it has rebooted and would like to receive the current values for everything that it has checked for updates. The remote hub will acknowledge the request (can watch in debug mode) and will schedule the sync to start 60 seconds later.

At this point I believe all of the bugs are worked out, and all of the immediate items on my to do list are implemented, so I have moved this app into "Release" status as v1.0.0.

2 Likes

What does the optional Controller Device do? Bit confused on this.

Been a while since I used it, but originally it provided a device interface for controlling the variables. Built it as the first method to share variables while I worked on what became the primary interface.

1 Like

Hey @thebearmay, you think HVS has any speed difference to a good ole fashioned connector with a hub variable? As in, the amount of time it takes for a change in variable value to be reflected on the remote hub? Any reason to believe HVS would be meaningfully different in response time?

Would expect that it would be about the same, but if you're using HubMesh you can get the variable directly now without the connector (which should be ever so slightly faster). Only real niche now for HVS is where you're not using HubMesh for some reason and want to keep them in sync.

Omg I don’t know how I missed that change. Thank you. Kinda renders my question moot, at least mostly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.