[Release] Hub Variable Sync

Good morning... thanks for this app, I have been looking for a way to offload HSM to a third hub and this seems like the best way.

I tried setting up the app on both hubs and I think I did it right, but I am getting an error when I change HSM state on hub 1 and am trying to replicate that change on hub 2. The only thing I elected to sync was HSM status and the ability to arm. My HSM install on hub 2 only loaded the app - it is completely unconfigured. Any suggestions?

PS: I did add a virtual contact sensor on hub 2 and do a bare minimum configurtion of HSM. If I arm on hub 2 it now arms hub 1 as well. But not the other way.

The receiving hub needs to have the Allow remote hub to update HSM Status turned on or it will ignore the request.

Yup it's on... on both ends. I assume it flows both ways?

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.49.56 AM

It can be configured either as a one way or a two way. For me all of my arm/disarm logic is on my production hub, but I have a couple of sensors on my dev hub to test with; so I have the production hub set to Send, and the dev hub only set to allow updates. Tested it as a 2-way for a while though and didn't see any issues.

Yeah mine is set pretty much the same way but syncing from primary to secondary just doesn't seem to do anything except generate that error.

Which end is getting the error?

The errror shows up in the log of the hub sending the change. The receiving hub's logs do not show anything.

Can you turn off debugging on that hub and see if you get the error? Want to make sure it's not the debug message.

If I turn debugging off in the app on the hub where the change is made, the error no longer appears in the logs.

Thanks. I'll need to dig into this a little, thinking on it more it looks like the receiving hub may be sending back the error as part of its response. I do remember having to be careful with the two way because the acting of arming it from the remote was creating a loop because the app is both client and server.

Ah. OK. That may be a hint. I'm also using Envisalink integration with HSM. Here's what happens on the primary hub...

When I arm HSM it arms Envisalink, it briefly disarms HSM, and then re-arms. I'm not entirely sure why (it's in the envisalink code somewhere). I wonder if that could be interfering with the way you're preventing a loop...

Here's what shows up in the (HSM) log...

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 12.08.40 PM

May have found it, but can't test from where I'm at for the next 5-6 hours. A HPM repair should pull the fix, but I want to hold off updating the manifest until I play with it some.

Thanks!... I'm really just experimenting at this point. My goal is to get Envisalink (which is chatty as heck) and HSM onto a separate hub, but my need is not immediate.

Was able to run quick test using my phone over VPN, and it looks like it's fixed in v0.1.9. Should be in HPM shortly.

wow thanks!

1 Like

Just grabbed the update... unfortunately no change. With app debug logging turned on, this is what I see in the source hub. Nothing in the logs of the destination hub. (Yes, I did remember to update both... the second time through!)

Hmmm, worked with my setup, and don't see any errors in the logs (I got real quick feedback as my wife opened a door that was monitored right as I armed :roll_eyes:). I'll look at it some more tonight.

PS - may want to check that both got v0.1.9, at least for me, Github has not been playing nice with HPM lately (pretty sure the issue is at Github).

I checked the app code on both hubs... HPM correctly installed 0.1.9.

1 Like

Can’t seem to duplicate manually, will probably write a quick app to do a few rapid multiple changes in the morning and see if that triggers it.

I can also install it on a hub that doesn’t have other HSM integrations running if that would help troubleshoot.

UPDATE: I did the install on two hubs with no other HSM integration and it worked perfectly. So I created a simple rule that armed, waited 1 second, disarmed, waited one second, and armed again. Worked fine. Then I removed the waits so it was basically arming, disarming, arming... that did not work. Which to me suggests the unique way the Envisalink integration toggles HSM status when arming is likely causing the issue - maybe it's running afoul of your anti-bounce measures?