[RELEASE] Hub Rebooter App

The C7 hub exists, since there FCC documents on it, but have they said anything about when it’s going to be released?

FWIW: It would appear that I own a C4 model. No reason to update at this time.

There are various ways to attack a Lan device without being in the lan. For example, someone can trick you into visiting a website with Javascript that will use your own browser to attack the device.

Thanks for sharing! Just installed this and have schedules a reboot once every week to keep my home automation snappy.

@dman2306 just want to say thanks for this simple, eloquent and awesome app! I have been using this since it was released and this past Sunday I was reviewing apps and didn’t think that I needed a nightly reboot of my hub at 2am. So I moved it to once a week just to see. Unfortunately, by Tuesday the hub become non-responsive again. So back to daily reboots and no issues.

Just an FYI this is THE #1 app on my hub that I literally cannot function without.

3 Likes

Thanks all. I published a new version of the app today. After doing some testing with @chuck.schwer I added a new option that only restarts the Hubitat process instead of rebooting the hub. For me, this has still resolved my issue. The HE team would probably benefit from knowing if this helps everyone so they can narrow in on the problem. In this version restarting the process is the default. Please only turn that option off if it does NOT help and report back here. Oh and also I added a donation link because why not :wink:

1 Like

As you should. I should have mentioned you in other thread as someone who has been very helpful to me with one of your integrations when you could have said "Go Pound Sand!" Thank you for work on Bond Hub integration. I need my wife to get back home so I can fully use the "Fix State" option you added recently.

1 Like

Thanks. I enjoy writing these things. The Bond integration and HEOS integrations are two of the ones that took a decent amount of time and effort and I was pretty proud of. If you have any other suggestions for enhancements feel free to submit them. I'm always looking to make them run better and add more features!

2 Likes

The only other thing on my wish list is on the Bond people to figure out a way to listen for the dreaded native remote being used to avoid getting out of sync. Or, I need Sonoff to come out with a new bridge that listens on that 315ish Mhz range used by these remotes like the bridge I currently have that works on 433Mhz

Other than that, it's working great.

2 Likes

Question regarding the new feature:
Through some debugging with the Hubitat team, an option was added to restart the Hubitat process instead of reboot the hub. Restarting the process is faster and it will also help the Hubitat team narrow down the issue. Please attempt to use the restart option first and only use the reboot feature if restarting doesn't seem to help. If restarting does not help, please post on the forum so the Hubitat team is aware.

Does this feature turn off the zwave radio (enable/disable) for a specific period of time?
Does this feature turn off the zigbee radio (enable/disable) for a specific period of time?
If so, what is that period of time?

Sorry, I have no clue. I'm just using an API endpoint that I was asked to test.

Can you share the restart URL? I haven't seen it shared anywhere. I already have a reboot flow running on my RPi and would love to add the option to restart instead to see if that works?

Send an http POST to:

http://hubitat_ip_address/hub/restart

1 Like

I figured that it was that simple but didnt want to risk it. Thank you.

I may have missed this in the thread, but was "restart" added to the RM way to do this as well?

I don't think I'm understanding you correctly. FWIW, that url can POSTed by any method of choice (including RM).

Same restrictions on hub security though

1 Like

Got it, I think I wasn't understanding how people were doing this with a rule today.
Sounds like an RM with a custom http request as the action. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you for this app @dman2306 Excited to see if the restart can fix my slight slow-downs.
I see my hub slowing down after about 3 weeks without a reboot. I haven't pin-pointed what could be causing it.

Recommendation: Would be awesome if in your app code you could create a variable where we could define the hostname/IP once towards the top instead of multiple times in your app code.

A step up even further would be if that was a setting in your app during configuration when you set login type, time/day, etc.

Thank you!

Why are you specifying the IP/hostname? You shouldn't need to. 127.0.0.1 will work just fine to reboot the houb.

2 Likes