[RELEASE] Hub Rebooter App

Thanks … I'll check it out if this becomes an issue for me!

1 Like

I have installed the app and worked perfectly to restart the hub, thanks a lot for sharing the code. As well I created a rule in RM to send me a message after the hub restarts to make sure it happened.
Will reboot the hub every day harm it in any way ??

A reboot or shutdown shouldn’t harm anything unless you pull the hub’s power plug to do so.

2 Likes

perfect, then I will schedule the reboots everyday with this app to get better performance from it, thanks for the help

If I remember correctly, can you post the URL you use to remotely reboot the hub?

Before installing this app I want to know: if my system is armed when the reboot occurs will it remain armed after the reboot.

I suspect the answer is no, but just want to be sure.

HE will stay armed. But you have c4, are you planning something for Nyckelharpa or? :slight_smile:

Good that it keeps the same alarm and mode status

Ummm, what is c4?

Nothing planned for Nyckelharpa. I can just about keep up with things that show up unannounced.:crazy_face:

Update: just did an auto reboot and the system status and mode did not change from Armed Night. Kewl!

1 Like

Hub model, the one with the USB stick radios is c4, the one with integrated radios is c5. There is c3 but it's the same as c4 but early adopters model. c7 is coming soon.

The C7 hub exists, since there FCC documents on it, but have they said anything about when it’s going to be released?

FWIW: It would appear that I own a C4 model. No reason to update at this time.

There are various ways to attack a Lan device without being in the lan. For example, someone can trick you into visiting a website with Javascript that will use your own browser to attack the device.

Thanks for sharing! Just installed this and have schedules a reboot once every week to keep my home automation snappy.

@dman2306 just want to say thanks for this simple, eloquent and awesome app! I have been using this since it was released and this past Sunday I was reviewing apps and didn’t think that I needed a nightly reboot of my hub at 2am. So I moved it to once a week just to see. Unfortunately, by Tuesday the hub become non-responsive again. So back to daily reboots and no issues.

Just an FYI this is THE #1 app on my hub that I literally cannot function without.

3 Likes

Thanks all. I published a new version of the app today. After doing some testing with @chuck.schwer I added a new option that only restarts the Hubitat process instead of rebooting the hub. For me, this has still resolved my issue. The HE team would probably benefit from knowing if this helps everyone so they can narrow in on the problem. In this version restarting the process is the default. Please only turn that option off if it does NOT help and report back here. Oh and also I added a donation link because why not :wink:

1 Like

As you should. I should have mentioned you in other thread as someone who has been very helpful to me with one of your integrations when you could have said "Go Pound Sand!" Thank you for work on Bond Hub integration. I need my wife to get back home so I can fully use the "Fix State" option you added recently.

1 Like

Thanks. I enjoy writing these things. The Bond integration and HEOS integrations are two of the ones that took a decent amount of time and effort and I was pretty proud of. If you have any other suggestions for enhancements feel free to submit them. I'm always looking to make them run better and add more features!

2 Likes

The only other thing on my wish list is on the Bond people to figure out a way to listen for the dreaded native remote being used to avoid getting out of sync. Or, I need Sonoff to come out with a new bridge that listens on that 315ish Mhz range used by these remotes like the bridge I currently have that works on 433Mhz

Other than that, it's working great.

2 Likes

Question regarding the new feature:
Through some debugging with the Hubitat team, an option was added to restart the Hubitat process instead of reboot the hub. Restarting the process is faster and it will also help the Hubitat team narrow down the issue. Please attempt to use the restart option first and only use the reboot feature if restarting doesn't seem to help. If restarting does not help, please post on the forum so the Hubitat team is aware.

Does this feature turn off the zwave radio (enable/disable) for a specific period of time?
Does this feature turn off the zigbee radio (enable/disable) for a specific period of time?
If so, what is that period of time?