[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

What is the recommended Event history size and State history size for the Hub Information Driver?

It’s a personal preference, but given that there are a lot of attributes that are in play I’d keep them low. 5/5 is probably as high as I would go; I keep mine at 1/1.

3 Likes

I have mine set at 5/5 but I see this in the logs. Does this make sense? BTW: Based upon your practice @thebearmay I'm going to set to 1/1.

Seems like I should never see more than 5 states or 5 events but there are many more than that.

Clean up job runs, I believe, hourly to trim the events/states back to the setting so depending on where you are in that cycle…

Oh.

My hub info is no longer displaying on my dashboard. See my C5 and C7 images here.

Any ideas what happened?

Try saving your preferences again, if that doesn't work try rebooting the hub.

Saving preferences didn't help. I reboot my C7 hub every morning at 4:25 am. This has been a problem for a couple weeks at least. Is it possible that my Hubinfo Device is out of date?

Not sure What fixed it, but i did a repair on hpm. Also previously deleted hubinfoTemplate.res which was 5 bytes. No longer have a file by that name.....kind of expected it to be Created again. Anyway it is working Now.

Should have been bigger than 5 bytes, default size is 694, and if it’s working again then it’s found a template file to use.

1 Like

Just a quickie observation.
I know all the fields aren't necessarily valid during a startup for Hub Info.
This one seems more lost that the usual and I've been getting it since Oct 24.
Don't know what beta build I was on then.
C8

dev:12282023-11-14 10:00:25.222errorgroovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object

The current character read is '<' with an int value of 60
Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object
line number 1
index number 0

Pushed up a v3 version late last night that should correct that error.

5 Likes

had weird thing in one of my hubs today.. wouldnt respond from web interface.. looked like a innability to hit the internet from the hub although everything else is working.. this is in a condo on an orbi system so no setting for packet size.

ping worked. only thing i saw in the log was this..

dashboards worked..

i rebooted via port 8081 and all is ok..

to avoid in future i added a reboot option from a dashboard but with 2 switches so i dont accidentially hit the switch and reboot.. anyone else see or do something similar?

I redid my HubInfo dashboard tile to integrate some free font-awesome icons and I rather like the look of it so thought I would share.

1 Like