[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

Only time I’ve seen that is if I edited a file, then hit the back button and tried to save…

Didn't edit anything. Just clicked import and save.
Never been into the device file whatsoever. I had this problem before and ended up deleting the device driver (after many attempts to delete the device failed and then finally seemed to work). Then re-added the device driver from scratch again using HPM. Then within a couple of days it said to update it and then this error again. Something is screwed for sure.

If you were seeing other issues I’d be inclined to say the database was corrupted, but since this is the only apparent issue it may be time to ask @gopher.ny or @bobbyD for an opinion.

Don't want to diminish @Angus_M problem, I did a HPM repair yesterday with no issues.

1 Like

I updated both of my C5's via HPM with no issues.

1 Like

Have you tried copying it from raw link, but before saving tweak the name and see if it saves

Thanks, will try that.

A soft reset was necessary in the end and seems to have fixed the issue.

1 Like

Hello, I just updated to the new 228 and I am no longer getting any JVM updates. Is anybody else having this issue?

Release notes in the Hub Information driver include:

• 2021-06-29 thebearmay 2.2.8.x removes JVM data -> v2.5.0
  • 2021-06-30 thebearmay clear the JVM attributes if >=2.2.8.0, merge pull request from nh.schottfam (stronger typing)

do I need to re-update or something? I still see the JVM fields on the driver.

Not sure why the attributes remain, they were populated "yesterday" and won't be changing because they don't exist anymore.

This is just an answer to 'bide time' for @thebearmay to give an official reaction.

Mine retains those Current States as well:

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 2.05.50 PM

But the attribute on Dashboard all populated with Null, so I kicked them off my Dashboard :slight_smile:

Update: I deleted the Device and recreated it and as expected the States aren't filled.

1 Like

Same here.

@gopher.ny giveth, and @gopher.ny taketh away.

There are just some things, I guess, we are not meant to know.

1 Like

Well, I think it is more that those values are really meaningless in and of themselves, so there is no need for anyone to know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With 2.2.8.x the JVM values no longer update. Made the change to make sure no errors were generated a while back and took them off the HTML but wanted to wait for the GA release before I changed too much. I’ll put out a point release tonight or tomorrow to null out the attributes.

3 Likes

The idea behind adding JVM memory values (among others) to the list was to predict whether hub is leaking memory and is about to crash. Well, it turns out JVM numbers don't really change over time even if hub leaks memory. Free OS memory is the real predictor here. Thus a decision to let them go.

If something is useful, like hub temperature, it will get added to the list of values. Everything in the list as of 2.2.8 is meaningful. No point in collecting and showing numbers that are of little practical consequence...

7 Likes

True only time there was really a variation was at hub restart.

2 Likes

2.5.4 will blank out the JVM attributes for those on 2.2.8.x

2 Likes

JVM, it was nice to know ye.

yes, it does :slight_smile: (After clicking Configure, of course.)

2 Likes