[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

I’m not complaining. I’m just grateful that @tonesto7 keeps improving this and Echo Speaks. I know nothing of coding. I’m just good at following directions.

Definitely. I just wish I had something more useful to contribute. I have to deal with code stuff for work and know the hair-pulling can get intense trying to find the critters. Maybe the plugin, hubitat, homekit, homebridge...some many homes for a bug to hide in.

@tonesto7's work is invaluable!

Did you have to revert both the app and the plugin or will it work just downgrading the plugin and leaving the app as-is?

I left the app as is. So far, so good.

@jk12 @Ken_Fraleigh
I will see if I can track it down today.

So ON events are showing in the Home app but when turned off outside of Home they stay in the ON state?

I think I've seen that happen for me... Are these switches with levels/dimmers? If yes it doesn't do it for all devices of the same exact type

@tonesto7 that’s correct. Off shows in the logs but the tile state does not change. I’m just using generic virtual switches. Issue does not occur in earlier build.

So it's fine in 2.3.3?

2.3.3 is working without issues for me.

My last question is does it consistently happen? Can you reproduce it everytime?

For me it was every time but I didn’t stress test it. Never saw it working though. Refreshing the home bridge accessories page forced a tile update though every time.

Thanks... I'm trying to compare the code between the versions but I never changed anything related to the on/off state.

Either way it's in my hands now and I will track it down

1 Like

I added my heartbeat virtual switches as a test.. they would consistently toggle on but never off. Was doing this in Node-RED so the vswitches were being controlled by Maker API.

@jk12 @erktrek
I'm able to duplicate the issue. I'm going to track it down and get out a fix today

1 Like

I found the problem and corrected. I'm just trying to make some changes to use native homebridge logging instead of my custom logger.

I will have a new release before the evening.

7 Likes

Nice work....appreciate the time you put into this stuff!

1 Like

Guys the wind took out my power so I won't be able to push out my changes to later in the evening :frowning:

No worries and again thank you for all your work on this to echo what the others have said!

1 Like

Ok i've pushed out v2.5.0 of the app and plugin

3 Likes

Seems to have fixed it :grin:
Thanks again! And glad your powers are back :laughing:

I can’t see 2.5 in HPM, does it normally take long to propagate?