[RELEASE] Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB)

Interesting cuz I find % of Busy to be equally misleading — if not more so

2 Likes

But it’s accurate as far as I know. I think the dev thought the other percentage was more misleading.
Found the quote:
Those absolute values are not results of true profiling. They shouldn't be taken as gospel.

That’s why.

1 Like

Hey guys I’m stuck and I think I missed some steps, I installed the driver and the app…y select my Roborock vacuum to use it in hubitat and it shows capabilities to share but nothing appear in devices, only home assistant parent
Thanks in advance.

From the documentation

5 Likes

Thanks for you answer, but I already use this device in home assistant. Like I said in my previous post I think I missed something

You have to start the vacuum (and have activity logged in Home Assistant) before it will show up in Hubitat.

Hubitat must have drivers that map to the HA capabilities (see first post above for the possibilities). The drivers are installed as part of the Package Manager install process. If you need more of the drivers go back to Hubitat Package Manager and Modify the 'HE-HA control' package to choose the drivers you need.

6 Likes

The entities on that vacuum integration look a little bit non-standard, so you should make sure that you have the "Generic Component Unknown Sensor" driver. It's installed by default by HPM, but if you installed manually then you should add it and then manipulate the device in HA to cause some events, as @bill.d described.

3 Likes

So since i updated to 2.3.7.xxx i cant control any of the input booleans i have set up in HA and bring into HE as switchs i get this error. Any ideas?

com.hubitat.app.exception.LimitExceededException: Device 3931 generates excessive hub load on line 51 (method parse)

dev:50182023-12-29 18:58:02.953infoHot Water 45DegC was turned off [digital]

What specific build are you running? Are you running 2.3.7.139 or later?

I'm still running 2.3.7.128 on my hub and I've not been experiencing any issues.

Updated to 2.3.7.142 yesterday, was all working fine with 2.3.6.146, going to try rolling back iabit see if that fixes it.

Just rolled back to 2.3.6.146 and all is good???

You're the second person to report this issue. @mluck posted earlier that he experienced the issue from 2.3.7.139, and after I saw that I refrained from updating.

1 Like

I'm not sure @mluck issue is the same but it does not mean it is not related. I'm currently running 2.3.7.140 and my input bolean are behaving normaly. The fact that reverting to 2.3.6 fix it puzzle me though.

@garyburchell did you try to go back to 2.3.7 to see if it was a fluke?

1 Like

Hmm perhaps I should try rolling back as well. I haven't so far. The only solution I could find (which isn't sustainable) was to delete many of the entities/devices in HA so that HE "sees" fewer things.

@garyburchell can you confirm that only input booleans are affected? For me, it was any device types. HADB produced exceededEvents errors constantly and then the child devices stopped updating.

@mluck Not knowing the extend of troubleshooting you went through with @tomw, did you try to do a repair on your HADB installation? Maybe your local copy got corrupted somehow.

Sorry. I should have clarified that it was the familiar error message “LimitExceededException”, which @mluck mentioned in a PM.

Did you try raising the limit threshold for the limiting HADB devices? Mine are set to the default, and I’m not seeing this.

1 Like

This is interesting- I hadn't seen that option before.

What threshold specifically is that number referring to? A number of events on this specific device over some period of time? @gopher.ny ?

I didn't. Good idea -- I'll give it a try.

I suspect we're talking about two different things. I assume you're referring to the "Too many events alert threshold", which is a parameter available on every device details screen. AFAIK, that simply tells HE when to warn us when we have chatty devices, where chatty equals more than the specified number of events.

The problem I was having, by contrast, was that every time I tried to set up HADB, my log would generate a continuous stream of LimitExceededException errors on the HADB parent device. And then the child devices would stop updating altogether. Now, to be fair, I had about 750+ devices in my HA instance, so HA may have been swallowing up HE, dunno. In my own troubleshooting, though, I couldn't get HADB to work once again until I got down below about 300 devices by brute force deleting HA devices. And that's not a sustainable solution given our setup.

All of my travails started with 2.3.7.139, so I may try rolling back as well.

Hope this helps others.

2 Likes

I think @gopher.ny will know what’s going on here. Hopefully they can chime in on this.