[RELEASE] Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB)

Did you install using HPM? Many of the child driver types are optional components in the HPM listing, so you can use the Modify option in HPM to add any that you need.

If you installed manually, you need to install any of the needed child devices manually.

1 Like

ah, yes, thanks. Installing the new child driver types worked.

Now I need to figure out how to add new types of child drivers.

I installed the app. I can load my HA instance on my cellphone, using the IP Address:port, but when I put the port (18443) and the lan IP into HADB app the devices never load. Is the app restricted to only use port 8123? or maybe only ports in a specified range? I have double checked and regenerated the long lived token 3 times. I also tried checking the SSL option
@SmartHomePrimer

Summary

dev:20402022-11-04 03:23:48.909 PMwarnWebSocket error, reconnecting.

dev:20402022-11-04 03:23:48.907 PMdebugwebSocket failure: Expected HTTP 101 response but was '200 OK'

dev:20402022-11-04 03:23:48.609 PMdebugClosing connection...

dev:20402022-11-04 03:23:48.607 PMinfoinitializing...

dev:20402022-11-04 03:13:48.578 PMwarnWebSocket error, reconnecting.

dev:20402022-11-04 03:13:48.576 PMdebugwebSocket failure: Expected HTTP 101 response but was '200 OK'

dev:20402022-11-04 03:13:48.278 PMdebugClosing connection...

dev:20402022-11-04 03:13:48.276 PMinfoinitializing...

dev:20402022-11-04 03:05:16.243 PMwarnWebSocket error, reconnecting.

dev:20402022-11-04 03:05:16.242 PMdebugwebSocket failure: Expected HTTP 101 response but was '200 OK'

dev:20402022-11-04 03:05:16.069 PMdebugClosing connection...

dev:20402022-11-04 03:05:16.068 PMinfoinitializing...

dev:20402022-11-04 03:01:00.040 PMwarnWebSocket error, reconnecting.

dev:20402022-11-04 03:01:00.038 PMdebugwebSocket failure: Expected HTTP 101 response but was '200 OK'

dev:20402022-11-04 03:00:59.976 PMdebugClosing connection...

dev:20402022-11-04 03:00:59.974 PMinfoinitializing...

dev:20402022-11-04 02:58:51.944 PMwarnWebSocket error, reconnecting.

dev:20402022-11-04 02:58:51.942 PMdebugwebSocket failure: Expected HTTP 101 response but was '200 OK'

dev:20402022-11-04 02:58:51.880 PMdebugClosing connection...

No, it will use whatever port you specified. Are you trying to use a secure connection?

Probably, as when I load the HA instance on my cellphone, the URL starts with https://192.168.0.89:18443. If it's just http, it won't load

I presume you enabled the secure option in the app and/or the driver. As I remember, this feature was added at the request of a user who never did any followup. So we did not get the confirmation that it worked as intended.

Not knowing if this is the source of your problem, are you using the app or only the driver?
If you use the app, does it offer you a list of available device?

For the benefits of people here. A few days ago, Home Assistant just added native support for BLE devices, and in particular, support for AirThings devices, which I have. I opened a pull request to add support for CarbonDioxide, Volatile Organic Compounds and Radon Short Term Average sensors. Pull request is here:

I am running this right now and it works great. I used this to automate turning on and off my air exchanger based on the readings and to export the metrics to Prometheus to plot them in Grafana.

1 Like

I've recently set up home assistant and was surprised when my Nvidia Shield got picked up and it shows what application is open and if it's playing for not using its Chromecast integration but HE Chromecast integration the Shield doesn't show up so I want to bring the Nvidia shield information into HE, can HADB do what I need or have I got to look into other ways as it doesn't show up in HADB devices

Any chance of supporting Alexa speakers? I can talk to Alexa speakers using HomeAssistant so why not through the HA Device bridge? I'm sure this would be welcome by many. (Alexa support on HA is free!)

What device_class is an Alexa device is in the HA configuration? We can check whether it is exposed by any of the HA APIs.

EDIT: also, if you set up HADB with debug logging enable and operate the Alexa device from HA, do you see any debug log prints in Hubitat related to events on the Alexa device?

Please advise why the update available on HPM will not install:

Summary

That particular driver worked for me just now with a clean installation. Can you try again? Maybe try rebooting you hub or closing any browser windows looking at drivers code in case there is a conflict there for some reason.

1 Like

I thought you needed to subscribe to Nabu Casa, or manually roll your own equivalent, in order to use Alexa with HA.

2 Likes

What exactly do you mean by the above statement? Hubitat's Alexa Skill allows one to issue voice commands to Amazon Echo devices as well. Thus, my confusion. :man_shrugging:

It is also completely free on Hubitat as well. The Hubitat Alexa Skill is pretty darn decent. What is different about the Home Assistant integration with Alexa that makes you prefer it?

2 Likes

Update: version 0.1.48 added minimal support for rgb lights and include @mboisson PR (Airthings support)

1 Like

Rebooting and closing current browser did not help.
Although, I did see that in driver section, it was showing version 0.1.48, but HPM was still reporting an update is available.
Anyway, after doing a "repair" via HPM seems to have fixed the issue and HPM is now up to date.
Thanks

1 Like

No it's free. I have been looking at alternatives to Echo Speaks solutions now we will have to pay for Heroku. I managed after 4 days(sigh) looking / trying alternatives to get something to work for free. No subscriptions. So In HA I can send a text message to my Alexa speakers. So the very last step would be to access via HA Device Bridge so I could send messages from HE.

I use the HE Alexa app to turn stuff on and off etc. It does not allow you send messages to Alexa speakers.

It seems like you are talking about two different things: the ability to send TTS to Alexa devices to speak (and possibly some advanced features like commanding Alexa-connected devices with what would otherwise be voice commands via text) versus the ability to add Hubitat (or HASS) devices to Alexa for voice control of those devices via Alexa. My understanding is that HASS per se does not provide the former, though a (free) community integration/component does. This is similar to Hubitat. There is unlikely to be anything official here because Amazon does not officially support this, though to date, at least one unofficial solution on each platform has continued working.

My understanding is, further, that as mentioned above, the latter (voice control by integrating non-Alexa devices into Alexa) requires either doing it yourself or a Nabu Casa subscription. This is included, built-in and free, on Hubitat.

If you have a functional HASS setup with Alexa Media Player (the component I suspect you're talking about, or possibly anything else that works similarly), support probably could get added this app/driver for easier integration, and that would certainly make sense if you're already using it. But, that's not my call, and I don't use it myself or have a need to look into that. I do keep a test HASS box around for basically only this purpose (because it's still easier than setting up something else for only this) and wrote a Hubitat driver to get TTS from Hubitat into these devices (or possibly anything else that works similarly): [RELEASE] Home Assistant Alexa TTS Proxy (another Alexa TTS option). It's pretty basic, but it fills this one specific need I have, and maybe it would work for you, too, if I'm understanding you correctly (at least until something better comes along, if it does :smiley: ).

3 Likes

I can't believe I missed this! Many thanks. Tomorrow, I try and get [[RELEASE] Home Assistant Alexa TTS Proxy (another Alexa TTS option)] working as I have done all the hard work on HASS already!

Nice one.