[RELEASE] Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB)

Thanks for the advice. I wasn’t automatically going to go with August if I do replace it, since I think Z-Wave would be better, and nobody picks August as a go-to for Z-Wave, (there’s only one model, I think).

I do like the way that August pioneered replacing only the inside of the deadbolt to preserve the exterior look—another very important WAF consideration!

I thought that was what my wife wanted too. Then I put in the Yale YRD256 and nobody cared about keys or the old lock face on the outside. Keyless convenience with perfect wireless connection for the win! :grinning: The whole family instantly loved the change.

1 Like

Thank you @SmartHomePrimer for sharing this!

I was finally able to integrate my Mi Flora sensors into HE! :slight_smile: With some small modifications now I receive the correct numeric values of the measured moisture (instead of just 'wet'/'dry') and the conductivity (the soil fertility) from HA.

Adding a new PowerMeter capability for my Xiaomi power plug was also easy... There is a lot of room for future extensions and improvements of this HA->HE bridge for all these devices that can not be integrated directly to HE or create some kind of stability problems, but work perfectly when paired to Xiaomi hub!

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I’m glad you got what you needed. Happy to have been the messenger for @ymerj, @ogiewon, @tomw and @stephack who did the real work to make this a reality.

5 Likes

Cool site I just stumbled on. Maybe it's old news to some, but the owners of the site definitely deserve a donation. Quite a lot of work to catalog compatibility across this many different Zigbee coordinators.

7 Likes

Agreed. Been using it for a little while. Super useful.

3 Likes

Great work @SmartHomePrimer! Unfortunately I am having issues with my HA on HTTPS. I created the token in HA, and on HE when I click on Discover and select devices, it never ends nor identifies any entity. Is HTTP a requirement? Thanks!

Trigger one of them and see if it shows up when you click on Discover.

Also, check if your driver shows the connection is Open

1 Like

These are the logs of the virtual device with the driver, it seems that the driver is using http and my HA is only reachable on https :sob:

dev:23812021-04-10 22:43:50.029 warnWebSocket error, reconnecting.

dev:23812021-04-10 22:43:50.025 debugwebSocket failure: unexpected end of stream on http://192.168.86.5x:8123/...

dev:23812021-04-10 22:43:49.373 debugClosing connection...

dev:23812021-04-10 22:43:49.369 infoinitializing...

dev:23812021-04-10 22:43:49.366 warndescription logging is: true

dev:23812021-04-10 22:43:49.363 warndebug logging is: true

dev:23812021-04-10 22:43:49.351 infoupdated...

the connection is Reconnecting

It might not work, but the port should be different right? I think 8123 will be the default port for HTTP

Is this the actual log or did you add that "x" in the IP before posting?

Yes I did add the x. It's a regular IP address

Not sure, my HA is reachable on https://192.168.86.5x:8123/ (I added the x in the IP address)

Not sure if a wss connection would work. If so, it could be easily added to the driver but I have nothing to test it. My HA is on http. @pgux would you be willing to test it?

1 Like

I stumbled across this thread and I am really interested in this app.

However, I seem to be having an issue with the HUE Outdoor motion sensor. I paired it with HA using Zigbee as I am not using the Hue app just like in HE. I seem to not be able to get a child device created for the motion side of it. I have successfully created an illuminance and temperature device, but no motion. In HA the motion entity appears to be called occupancy. I have deleted it, rename it, etc., but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

The Hue Outdoor motion sensor works really well directly joined to HE, so I’m a little confused why you would even bother with that in HA. However in regard to the occupancy entity in HA, that is a mystery to me what it is supposed to be used for. Turns on when there’s motion and turns off a couple of minutes later. I find it mostly useless. Maybe somebody can fill me in how that’s valuable, but I don’t see the value in it.

The entity name in HA for motion will end with ias_zone. And the entity for illuminance will end with illuminance. So if you really want to put those on HA and bring them over to HE, that’s what you should see in discovery. You can leave occupancy unchecked. But again I would recommend using the Hue outdoor motion sensor on Hubitat. The driver is very good. That’s where mine is and will stay.

Thanks for this. Managed to get a fan that is on HA into HE. However, I am only able to turn off my fan. Hitting the 'On' button does not turn it on. In fact, the logs shows that it is being turned off when the on button is pressed. Is this a bug?

Logs below.

When 'On' in pressed

dev:8132021-04-12 01:23:02.353 am infoLiving Room Fan level was set to 66
dev:8132021-04-12 01:23:02.347 am infoLiving Room Fan speed was set to medium
dev:8132021-04-12 01:23:02.342 am infoLiving Room Fan was turn off

When 'Off' is pressed

dev:8132021-04-12 01:23:00.354 am infoLiving Room Fan level was set to 100
dev:8132021-04-12 01:23:00.350 am infoLiving Room Fan speed was set to high
dev:8132021-04-12 01:23:00.344 am infoLiving Room Fan was turn off

@ogiewon created the fan control support. Maybe he has an idea of what may be going wrong.

I have only tested the Fan device support using one of my Lutron Caseta Fan controllers. What type of device are you trying to use? Also, what version of Hass are you running? There were some significant changes recently to how HA handles fan devices.

2 Likes