[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

With this update it's no longer possible to move a folder out of another folder back to the main screen by dropping it on the "Go back" tile. It still seems to work for individual device tiles but not for folders.

It appears that the only way to recover from an editing mishap (I accidentally had dropped a folder into another folder) is to delete and recreate the misplaced folder (aside from importing another configuration file).

I only wanted devices to be moved into (or out of) folders. But, you can still add folders to folders by using 'manage folder contents' option

side-note -- implementing drag and drop is really hard! If I have more time I'd want to make it even better - like how the launcher works

1 Like

Ah.. I see there now is no way to accidentally drop a folder into another folder. I was trying to undo this mistake which had been made using a prior version of the app.

Thanks for taking a crack at this. Yes, the goal was to save space by having a single tile for date, time, and weather. Unfortunately, adding the temp at the bottom of the time tile deosn't work for these aging eyes. It's too small to make out in the morning. Also, it looks like it's the year in the date field (1/08/71). As someone else asked, can you make the temp text bigger and separate from the date? Appreciate all your efforts!

1 Like

Something that is related to this...instead of more info on a tile, make the tile dynamic.
With a motion detector, you have the ability to display either motion, or temperature (for those devices that support that)

What would be great is if you could change attributes for a tile, to be different if in a different folder
-for the motion tile in my Garage folder, I want to know motion activity
-for that same device in my Temperatures folder, I want to know temp

Would this be possible?

Hey, I need help please. Downloaded app, Installed Maker API. Will not login to app. I have both cloud and local checked in app but when I open app, only local token is shown at the bottom, I have tried manually inputting that as well in the access token spot after clicking on Advanced login but still no go.

If by username and password it means the top middle section of settings labeled, hub login security, I have not added one and thus just gives me a link to Add user, which I have not. So that should not be an issue either. I put in the IP address as shown in Hub details.

Not sure what else to try...

I just did this last night, actually. I have username/login, so I had to manually populate the fields manually with the AppID and access token. It worked perfectly for me. Have you tried doing this? I had to do a little trial-and-error to figure out the AppID, though. Not sure where you should be able to get it from, but it can be found in the URL for the Maker API page on your HE.

I like the app - it works well for dashboards on my mobile device. My only complaint is that if I turn something on/off, and then need to turn it on/off again, there's about a ten-second lag before the device will respond for me. I assume this has something to do with polling frequency.

I think I read a while back that if you disable the HE userid/password it will connect. Then you can re-enable them. I haven't actually tried this and its been a few months since I think I read it; but worth a shot.

That's correct, but I was too lazy do go that extra step. :rofl:

I don't have a username or password though since I have not set that up. Not for any security in HE at least.

This is what that tab looks like when I click it..

What did you do to fix this issue? I'm having the exact same one. Installed app, checked local. Can't login. Go to advanced, can pull up the list page as mentioned above but not sure how to find the app ID from there.

Edit. Solved. In the app towards the bottom when it lists the info for each device you included, I noticed a number that kept being included in the link. I used that number as the app ID and it worked.

Glad you figured it out! Took me a lot longer...lol. Wasn't until I saw the sample line of code that app looks for that I figured out what the App ID was.

Yeah, it does look like the year in that small status text.. I'll remove that and think about how I can offer some split date/temp tile

I'm glad you got in but I'd like to figure out why the auto login logic didn't work. I've never had to enter an app ID or token.. even an IP address on the beta version which auto discovers the hub.

If you or anyone else is able to reproduce that auto login failure - there's an option in the beta version to send the logs which would help me figure out why it didn't work. It's in the 'advanced -> support / feedback' link

Right now that's only in the beta version but I'm going to do a production release soon too

With 1.0.878, changing display options seems to only affect the top row of tiles (also they get taller if a larger size is selected) until the app is restarted. Minor inconvenience, except on the Relay where it requires going into Android settings and force quitting the app.

Joe,

Very impressive; especially the speed. I'm looking to do something similar for my home, but slightly more customized. Using Maker API, but it's not the right vehicle.

I'm a complete noob with websockets and MQTT. Is there a source to understand how to form such connections with Hubitat? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Tom

Ask and ye shall receive

It's the latest in a series of development releases. You can find TMI just by searching for MQTT.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Thank you. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Yikes, I didn't notice that. Thanks - I'll get it fixed!

I've been a little overwhelmed with work lately so I haven't had much time to work on the dashboard. I was hoping it would have slowed down by now but it won't last forever. I did pickup a Samsung camera which supposedly supports rtsp video so I can start working on supporting that as well

2 Likes

Let me start by saying implementation and use of this app is simple and powerful. I've been "messing" around with it for the past handful of days.

I do have one question. I have Hubigraphs installed and would like to get some of the graphs on the dashboard. I'm having problems doing this.

The format for a direct URL (as provided in Hubigraphs) is like the following:
http:///apps/api//graph/?access_token=

When I try to put this in the dashboard, I either get errors or nothing at all. Not sure if there is something that I'm doing wrong, or what. Any help would be appreciated.