[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

All good - problem was a short between the seat and the keyboard. THanks!

version 1.0.525 (beta)

• add fan support
  • add option to adjust item padding
  • export (and re-import) all device settings
  • change default colors

I haven't had much free time the last few weeks but I wanted to get a few new changes in.

• fan support. NOTE: I can't test this so if you have a fan added in HE please let me know if/how this works. I'm not sure if every fan supports all of the 'modes' that are listed in the driver.

-- also, that light (brightness) slider will change to a toggle if the light doesn't support dimming..

• add option to adjust item padding

-- eventually I'm going to add a background color option to this dialog too..

• change default colors; I'm not in love with any of these colors personally, but I'm changing the default color scheme so I'm not using (5) device type colors from SharpTools. The old colors are still available in a new theme called "Festive Light".

-- If there's anyone who has a cool custom color scheme and want me to add it as a Theme or even change any of the default colors -- send me a screenshot! I like the multi-color tiles for screenshots but for my wall mounted tablets I'm a fan of simpler color schemes (like 1 color for 'on' devices and another color for 'off' devices)

3 Likes

Looks beautiful! Tried installing the latest beta 1.0.526 on my Wink Relay...still get Parse Error :frowning:

Looks great!! One thing I've noticed, the lights (which I control via Bond integration) don't seem to react to the On/Off setting for the fan light. No biggie for me, as we rarely use them, just need the fan control.

Thank you for adding tile padding! It works, however, doesn't fully improve things for me. To entirely fill the screen with my dashboard I would need huge gaps inbetween the tiles....which looks pretty weird and somehow automatically makes the tiles even smaller. Choosing the nex tile size ("default") however would result in tiles too big.....so what really solves the issue would be an option to adjust tilesize in a more detailed way (like you can with tile padding). I would need tile-sizes between "small" and "default" to do what I want.....would this be possible? An option to "infinitely adjust" tile-size?

Thanks again for your awesome work!

I was trying to think through various ways to get the tiles to 'fit' on a screen as best as possible.

Currently:

• tiles must fill the screen width evenly
  • no horizontal scrolling - only vertical
  • tiles are also square (height=width); there's exceptions to this one

The best example I could come up with is the Path Finder app (mac).. they show images as thumbnails and have a slider to make the tiles larger/smaller. Notice how the padding changes until some point where another column is added.
path-finder-resize3

Ultimately, I want to use 1 slider like Path Finder does.. but, behind the scenes I think the logic will be somewhat similar to what's there today. Right now the tile size slider just adds/removes columns.

I'm not using a specific number (like 2, 3, etc) because I wanted to handle screen rotations better.. meaning, 2 columns in portrait mode might look OK but would be WAY too large in landscape. So, instead I'm using terms like S/M/L/XL.. So, "S" might be 2 columns in portrait but 3 or 4 in landscape..

anyway, long-story short - there's nothing else between these values.. it's just the next number of columns

The app should send the /on or /off command based on that toggle switch. Maybe that's not the right command to send to turn the light on/off? If you try that command and then send me a log I should at least be able to tell:

• if the command was accepted ok or not
  • what commands that device supports
1 Like

This one will take some time.. it's nothing I'm doing in the app - just one of the libraries I'm using doesn't support that version of Android.. 4.3 I believe (API 18 - ~2012)

I know debugging it can be a pain.. but, there should be a way to connect to it wirelessly (adb connect IP:5555); if you can connect that way, you can see the device log "adb logcat"; you might have to try to re-install and then get the logs.. that should contain what library isn't compatible

1 Like

Logs sent. :slight_smile:

hmm.. I didn't get anything

EDIT: went to the spam folder.. darn google.. there were a few logs in there! I have that email address fwd messages to my primary gmail account so I don't normally login

2 Likes

I am using the -Xiaomi light sensor with this community app from markus. To make sure the device is available to the hub, markus uses a presence check for the device. Some of the reported states are these:

Current States

• battery : 100
  • illuminance : 7.0
  • presence : present

The Android app is seeing these as a presence sensor. How do I tell the app that they are illuminance sensors and report that to the dashboard? Maybe my question is, how do I tell the app that the sensor is another type of device? BTW, I love the new fan icon!

Fire 10 tabs came in today? If I'm only running the dashboard, do I need to install lineage or will leaving as is and install play store do? I haven't finished the setup on them yet. Not sure it's wise to use my actual amazon account on it.

I just installed the play store. I did decide to give Amazon another $15 to disable the lock screen ads. The question was, what is my time worth?

If you leave the dashboard running, will it still lock the screen?

Yes, I am using the screen on setting

I just went in to Developer Options and checked Stay Awake -- Screen will not sleep while charging. Will see if that works.

1 Like

Seems to be working.

1 Like

My screen stayed on all night -- it dimmed some, but stayed on.

1 Like

I received my 2017 10" Fire tablet earlier in the week. I was going to post here what I did to install Lineage but it's complicated enough that I wasn't sure if I'd recommend it to others or not.. Basically, this app should work fine using the stock Fire OS with only 1 exception that I know of (turning screen on and back on automatically).

That said - this is the post I followed to root the device and replace the OS.. it goes along with the first post in this thread but because my tablet came with a newer version of the Fire OS I had to do a few different steps. The other part that isn't discussed in this thread at all is how to create a Linux 'live' USB drive.. that took me longer than it should. Ultimately, I'm not an expert of any of this so the XDA thread is the best place to reference if you do want to take the plunge here

side-note - I'm getting a wall mount from here - they look great and hide the cables too

I was wondering how to use the illuminance attribute a while back.. I have a motion sensor with this attribute but wasn't really show how to display the value.. text only I guess would work but is that value helpful? I was hoping there'd be some set of icons or colors that I could use on the tile (like: full sun, partial sun, shade, etc).. anyway, if this device type is of interest to you can you give me a little details of how it should be displayed?

Is the presence attribute something separate? I can see having a presence device type which would show an icon based on that attribute. Do the 2 attributes go together somehow?