[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I think I see.. I'm setting the driver as an AudioNotification capability but there's also a SpeechSynthesis capability. I'll update it

I updated the "HD+ Device" driver to 1.0.1 and it should now show up in 'audio notifications' dropdown for built-in Hubitat apps like Notifications. Easiest way is to install/update via HPM.

If you're having any trouble getting notifications or TTS to work check these things:

1. running the latest beta version of HD+ ( 1.0.2199 or greater)
  2. running the latest version of HD+ Device driver (1.0.1 or greater) on Hubitat (installed via HPM)
  3. make sure the device driver is added to MakerAPI
  4. find this device in HD+ and check "Support Notifications"
  5. look at the HD+ Device driver page and ensure both client key and server key are set (HD+ will do this for you). If either one isn't set - you might need to email me device logs along with what device you're using. It's not going to work (today) with Fire Tablets

version 1.0.2199 (beta)

ensure both client key and server key are set (HD+ will do this for you).

I also see another issue where the server key isn't getting set. I pushed out a new version of HD+ which should fix this.

It's still a work in progress but thanks for helping get the bugs ironed out!

EDIT: Nevermind.. Google rejected the update because it contained the FCM server key; I'll have to update both app and driver and will do it in the next few hours

This is awesome that you are doing this. It is a full on game changer.

@jpage4500 Progress has been made...
Not there all the way.. but progress...

1. Still not showing up as a "Location Tracking Device" in the HD+ settings, so I cannot connect it to my phone.
  2. I had to remove and recreate the virtual device to get the server key to populate (No big deal, just a note for others reading this) as well as, obviously, turn speech on again for the icon.
  3. If I put text into the "Speak" box on the virtual device and press the little button it DOES speak on my phone!
  4. If I try to use a "Notification" app in the Hubitat it does NOT speak on the phone. Meaning I have added it to "On these speech devices".
  5. The Notification in text form from the "Text Notifications" does show up in the Notification area of my phone as text from HD+. So that works.

And just to clarify I did update the Hubitat device driver as well has HD+ on my phone.

I'm having similar issues getting the app running on a new Fire 10. Where do you find the Maker API app ID?

This page should help:

I thought about making this device driver also support location tracking but decided against it. You need the "My Location" driver for this and I didn't want to duplicate that work

This device driver can be used with the Presence Tracking feature though.

I had to remove and recreate the virtual device to get the server key to populate (No big deal, just a note for others reading this) as well as, obviously, turn speech on again for the icon.

The server key should just auto-populate once you update the driver via HPM. I just checked the new version in a few hours ago but had to run out before I could post any details about it. So, I'm guessing you're the first one to have tried it -- glad it's working!

• This device driver can NOT be used with the Presence Tracking. (Unless you were referring to the "My Location" driver when you said that)
    As there is no way, that I am aware of, to assign it to a phone to be tracked.
    And to be clear the notification is not working for TTS. It only works if I type text into the speech box and press the little button. Which is fun.. but useless.

Joe,
Do we need to change to one of selections other than none in the Status attribute?

Which version of HD+ is the latest which should work regarding the server key? I'm still on an older version using Play Store update. Think about using the "manual" update of the beta version.

That doesn't look like the same driver I wrote

The code should match this

I just pushed it yesterday and was waiting for it to be available on Google Play first. You'll need version 1.0.2 driver (HPM) and 1.0.2203 of the HD+ Android app. It doesn't look like it's available on Google Play yet so only the manual apk option would work at the moment.

FWIW - this is a little bit of an unusual setup.. typically for push messaging there's a server which uses an FCM key and lots of clients. But, in our case everyone is running their own 'server' (Hubitat Hub). I still imagine that's how the Hubitat mobile apps work but maybe not.. anyway - long story short this is still somewhat a work in progress to see what works the best.

I found a couple of issues that needed both driver and app updates..

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_jpage4500_HD__Device_1270.speak() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [Front Door was closed] Possible solutions: speak(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), play(), sleep(long), split(groovy.lang.Closure), stop(), grep() on line 634 (method speak)

driver 1.0.3 and HD+ 1.0.2204

I've tested with the Notifier app and it's working good

@jb1 @CurtisZM @TheFatherMind

1 Like

Totally works on my phone.

Thanks will try it out

@jpage4500 man tried it out it's awesome. Works fine on my phone too.

Thanks for the great work.

All working now on my phone. This is awesome.

question -- for the TTS would it make sense to also display a system notification? maybe one without any sound which might interfere with the TTS playing. Just wondering if you hear your phone say something in your pocket and want to know what it said

I was contemplating that. I was thinking it might be nice to have text with it. But then I realized that I can just add it to the notification area in the Hubitat GUI and get both TTS and Notification.. For me I always want both. I was considering mentioning you could put a switch on the icon under "Support Notifications" for "TTS and Notification" or something like that? This would allow you to control it on a phone by phone basis. Also allowing people to choose if they want to send it separate, like I am presently, or combined from a single spot.

I was thinking it would be nice to be able isolate a device to a single phone... But that might be going too crazy with it. Not a lot of use cases for that I suppose. For me I use location to notify when someone gets home. So when my wife gets inside the fence my phone notifies me that my wife is home. Would be nice to be able to do that without dinging all the phones. A clever way to do that might be to put a field or selector we could fill in with the phone name on the device in hubitat. Then we could just hide the icons that do not apply to a single phone. Or if we could just leave it and it would default to a single icon for all.

I just reconfigured all my routines to go through your app.. will take me a few days of using it before I have any real feedback. But at the moment I am glowing happy.