[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

version 1.0.2165 (beta)

• Android Auto: fetch HSM and Modes
  • add device name option to location dialog

Just a couple of small changes in this release -- Android Auto should now update HSM and Modes if you have one of these tiles on your AA dashboard

I also added location name to a dialog that's not super obvious to get to. If you press and hold on a location in Presence Tracking it'll show up. It's just an alternative to viewing the location on an embedded Google Map. The name field is optional and not used for Presence Tracking but if you're using Location Tracking it'll be sent to the "My Location" driver when you're in that area.

1 Like

On my wife's phone, the dashboard resizes itself to be huge any time she closes and reopens the app.

vs on my phone

On my phone, I used the backup to hub option and on her phone I use the restore from hub option. When I do this, hers will look exactly like mine. But if you close and reopen the app it reverts to being huge.

I have a Pixel 7 and she has a Pixel 6 and we're both on the latest version of Android 13.

Also, feature request:

See the folder called Temps? I would love the ability to choose what shows on the folder instead of it being just the first 4 items. Inside the folder is all the temperature sensors in the house, one of which is a virtual sensor that shows the average temperature and humidity. These are the only ones I want to show on the folder.

This came up for me, too...[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard - #4431 by wecoyote5. I haven't had to restore to my wife's phone in a while so I don't know if it's still an issue.

Thanks, I'll have to check that setting on her phone. I have it set to use 6 columns because initially I had some I only wanted to be half the width. I don't anymore but it'd be annoying to go change the width of most of the buttons back to 1 from 2.

OK. I am new to all of this and most of it is over my head. How would I go about entering info in HSM to tell it to send a message to display in HD+ that a contact is open.

I would start a new thread for this as it's not a HD+ thing. Then you can list directly what you want.

It should be possible but you would need to store it to a variable for HD+ to display it.

If I can figure out a way to reproduce this I should be able to fix it. Is there something I can try which would show this?

GoGoGate2 Controller all happily going now with update. Thanks. :o)

I have been seeing this often lately. Went back to a backup from early this year and this happened again today. The text input screen comes up without interaction. Thoughts?

You know that just happened to me yesterday and I was wondering what it could be. There's no input field on the screen but I'll look into it.

1 Like

@jpage4500, I'm having a problem with a speaker volume control tile.

I've written a custom driver that can control multiple zones on my Marantz receiver.

Background: Sometimes, when I hit the mute control on the tile, I also accidently touch the volume slider, resulting in the volume blasting up to somewhere around 75. To prevent this from happening I implemented a volume limited in the driver. If the volume is set above 65, I automatically reduce it back to its previous volume settings + 1.

To make it concrete, if the volume was at 30, and I attempt to set it to 75, it automatically goes back to 31.

The problem is that the volume slider on the dashboard tile stays at 75. It does not "snap back" to 31, as expected. The actual audio being played does go to 31, as expected.

If I go into the device panel in Hubitat and manually set the volume to 31, the slider on the tile moves as expected.

If I implement the same logic using rule machine, the slider does snap back to 31 as expected.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Marc

I haven't tested this device type much so I'm sure there's room for improvement. I went back and looked at it (screenshots below). Typically I've tried not to have more than 1 'action' on a tile -- certainly a small 1x1 tile. Also those sliders are too easy to accidentally touch (which is why I removed them on dimmer/lights at least by default)

My gut reaction would be to remove the volume slider and the buttons on the 1x1 tile. When you click on it I could either show a dialog with additional options or just send a command like mute or play/pause. The volume slider could still be there but in the dialog like on dimmer lights.

But, since I don't really use this device type I'm interested in how you or anyone else who uses it thinks it would work/look best? I want to keep it consistent but there's probably lots of different ways it could work

Fantastic question -- thank you for responding to my request and for asking for my perspective.

The screenshot below shows my music control dashboard. I have 4 different zones controlled by 2 different AV receivers. The "Now Playing" is a "Music Player" tile for my Sonos Port.

The 4 AVR "speaker" tiles do not do anything when I hit the "play" button and it doesn't have the skip buttons, The only functional buttons are volume and mute.

Having access to both the volume and mute control right on the tile was one of the key reasons I re-wrote my dashboards using HD+ vs. Hubitat's built-in dashboards. I'd really prefer you didn't change it to operate like a dimmer and require the opening of a dialogue box to adjust it. The ability to control the volume & mute without losing context is a fantastic experience.

An ideal outcome for my use-case would be finding some way to reduce the risk that hitting the mute button suddenly jumps the volume way up. A couple of ideas:

• If the volume level change is large and lands it at a setting that is close to where the mute icon is, ignore the request. Maybe make this a selectable option in the settings.
  • Redesign the tile so that the volume control does not extend all the way to the right edge of the tile. Instead, have it end at about the 75% point in the X-direction and use the last 25% for the mute control.

Thoughts?

Marc

Excuse me @johnwill1, but how did you connected your camera? Or is it a still image, like a .jpg?

I actual have 2 suggestions, which if done together, I think really address the usability issue I am experiencing:

• Make the mute, play and skip icons smaller and put some vertical distance between them and the volume control button.
  • Have the volume control slider only respond if you start by putting your finger on the "red dot" and drag it to your desired new volume. Don't respond at all to simply tapping a random spot on the volume line.

Finally, take a look at "Now Playing" tile on the new screenshot below. The HD+ device type is "music player" and in Hubitat it is a Sonos Port playing Spotify music.

I think there is the potential to make that tile more usable by moving the control icons and volume slider up, vertically, thus leaving more space for the text.

I'll keep thinking it over and share what comes to mind.

Thank you once again for the great app and for engaging with me on this!

Marc

@marcusvrsilva. No it’s live, not still. The video tile can be programmed with the cameras RTSP stream url. Mine points to one of my Hikvision cameras that is connected to my Hikvision NVR. It’s displaying 12 frames per second at 720P resolution. The stream must be set to H264 on the camera and the url will differ depending on manufacturer.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @johnwill1!

I use some Wyze cams here and I know it is possible to use a RTSP firmware, but I would loose some resources. I will look for Hikvision to substitute it!

Don’t get RTSP mixed up with RTMP. Your wize camera quite possibly streams via RTSP (real time streaming protocol). Special firmware is often available for RTMP but that’s for streaming to YouTube etc directly from the camera.

1 Like

HELP!!!
I tried migrating to the C8 from the C7, and when trying to launch HD+, I get the usual login page, with the discover hub/manual entry/restore/help options, and when I tap on discover hub, it find the new hub, but then I get the login failure, maker API not found!
It IS installed though.
In fact, I removed the app in HE AND my tablet, and I STILL get login failure Maker API not found...
BUT IT IS THERE!!!!

I even deleted ALL the dashboards on the tablet.
I do NOT have a uerID/password, never have.
I STILL get the popup stating access token not found.

What am I missing? I remember when I installed this I did not have all these problems!