[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

As @Pantheon has advised Fully will do the screensaver bits. I'm not a programmer either but Fully is relatively easy to setup and very configurable. There is nothing to sync, you just set the 'start url' of Fully to open the HD+ app rather than opening it directly. The 'start url' is the very first setting in Fully, set it to the following.

intent:#Intent;launchFlags=0x10000000;component=com.jpage4500.hubitat/com.jpage4500.hubitat.ui.activities.MainActivity;end?kiosk=true

For Fully to function correctly with HD+ it's important to open HD+ from Fully as above.

If you reserve IP addresses for your tablets you can enable remote admin in Fully. That makes it much easier to setup as you can carry out all of the settings from a web browser. Rather than repeat on every tablet you can export the config from one to your PC and import to the other.

A few of the things I have Fully handle:

• An idle timer of 30 secs that reloads the start url (HD+). I start apps such as Sonos and Hik-Connect from HD+ tiles but I don't want to fuss on with the Android/Fire back keys. This just reloads the dashboard if I walk away
  • In conjunction with the above I use 'touches in other apps restarts idle timer' - I don't want it to jump back to the dash if I'm still actively using the app I've opened. Also there's a setting to freeze the idle timer if the speaker is active. This is handy as I can navigate to a YouTube video or TV stream from a tile and it will remain active until I close it.
  • Force screen orientation. Some of the apps I start from HD+ are portrait only. This option forces them to open in Landscape.
3 Likes

@johnwill1 , I thank you for your response and info. I will try setting it up again. Much appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Are you still looking for help with this? Assuming it's just a normal switch device type in Hubitat.. does it not show up as that? If you send me the JSON of the device I can see what's missing

Can you explain this one a little more? Are you looking for the dashboard to run a command (ie: light off) after some delay? Or is the time coming from somewhere else?

I wonder if I could add 'folder' to the shortcut tile.. would that work?

I could not find this. This device does not show up in your app at all.

I was thinking a "light" tile with a timer overlay. But I am working on a solution, so don't spend time with this yet.

If that would take me to a user specified folder, and I can have those tiles in different folders, then yes!

As long as the device is added to MakerAPI it should show up in the 'get all devices' link (from Maker API apps on the Hub). That will show what this device looks like to the app

I sent a PM with the device info to you.

1 Like

@jpage4500 Ok this might sound a bit weird but I am planning on experimenting with combining this dashboard with a browser and applications from windows/Android/Linux using a VM and Android Emulation. My hope is using remote desktop I can divide up the screen and actually display whatever windows, android, and or Linux can do. I am thinking about 1/3 of the screen for the HD+ dash, 1/3 of the screen for Blue Iris, and the last chunk I am not sure yet, probably a bit of it dedicated to controlling a drone mobile app for my remote start on my car.

Does anybody see a problem with this? I did a bit of research and with a bit of work it seems I can remote into a single instance of this with multiple clients/dashboard devices. Basically a single "dashboard" controlled from all my screens.

Dies anybody know if this has been tried before?

You can also do a lot with html iframes if you have a way to serve up the pages.

Hi all,

Was there a fix for this? Iā€™m still having same problem.

Great app by the way :+1::+1::+1:

Still getting time error...
thumbnail

I have created a new dashboard with the time tile only and will monitor it for a while.

Something is definitely not correct with my time tiles. They are not updating correctly. I even loaded a backup from a couple months ago and the times are still incorrect. :man_shrugging:

What device is it? Just a wild stab in the dark but I don't suppose it could be the device settings battery optimisation? Settings > Apps and Notifications.

Nothing at all to do with this app but I have 4 Fire HDs and one of them would not get push notifications despite being set up identically. It turned out I had skipped a prompt to disable battery optimisation when installing the app initially (even though all are permanently powered). The setting was not accessible again to alter on Fire OS (as opposed to Android) so I had to uninstall/reinstall to get that prompt again from the installer of that particular app.

It's the embedded time/date tile. The time freezes and then does not update. I created a new dashboard and added only the time tile. BUT, I did not delete and re-install the app and that is something that I will try. My time tiles have been flawlessly working on all 7 of my Fire HD pads for over a year, so I'm not sure what is happening. I don't think that I have updated my pads, and I'm pretty sure auto-update is off. But I will check that as well.

1 Like

In the past, I had the same issue, for a while. If I scrolled the time tile out of view and back it would be correct. I haven't had the issue in some time. I think I cleared the cache and data and I think that fixed it -- it's been a while.

1 Like

It froze again within minutes of doing that. :rage:

Joe, any progress on dashboard link tiles?