[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

The pull to refresh will get the latest device state via MakerAPI - but that's probably not going to force the drivers/devices themselves to update.

1 Like

Do you mean adding the device to MakerAPI on the hub? That would get the device to show up on all devices. I can't think of any way to have it only show up on a single device other than maybe use multiple instances of MakerAPI and connect the app to a specific instance.

2 Likes

I've now verified that the pull down does work perfectly - it refreshes the dashboard as designed and I like it now that I'm aware of it!
Yes, I've have verified that changes to a driver do not appear until a driver refresh inside the HE is forced - basically the 'configure' button is required for that - so from a debug point of view it's a pain but not related to my awesome dashboard. I'm debugging on the HE dashboard, then applying to Android Dash with good success. thanks!

I have a couple Fire Tabs ( two 9th gen, I think) I have mounted. For a handful of months, they both seem to minimize the HD app. Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

Same here. I come to the tablet, and find a home screen, with dashboard minimized.

Interesting, I thought the app button was being touched by accident, since it was always in the recent app list. I also have Fully Kiosk running in the background.

Same, Amazon must have pushed some sort of update.

I've been seeing the same behavior for most of this year on a Samsung Tab4. Joe identified the root cause as a crash due to an out of memory error. I uninstalled a bunch of apps that I don't use and the problem went away for a couple weeks but now it's back to crashing daily and there's nothing I can do about it so I just tap the dashboard shortcut whenever I notice.
:man_shrugging:

Hmm.. that's not good. What happens if you use the 'kiosk mode' option? It should pin the app so it can't be put in the background.

That's another possibility - the app crashing at some point. Although at least looking at Crashlytics there hasn't been very many crashes with the latest version - only 4 the past week. Only 1 is from a Fire device too. 2 are from a Pixel device and the other one from a Galaxy Tab

Joe, since you told me it was an out of memory problem I've gone back to blocking crashlytics so that's why you've not seen my crashes for many weeks.

I set one to kiosk mode and then the other. I'll watch it.

When using the idle timers facility in Fully Kiosk to bring the app back to the foreground, I found that it only worked properly if Hubitat Dashboard was opened by Fully (I had the intent for Hubitat Dashboard set as the start url). On several occasions when I was updating Hubitat Dashboard to a newer version, it would update, close and re open and that used to stop my idle timer working. The fix was just to close Hubitat Dashboard and click 'Go to start url' in the Fully side menu. That reopened Hubitat Dashboard and everything worked as desired. It may make no difference in your scenario, but perhaps Hubitat Dashboard needs to be opened by Fully in order to keep it open full screen.

I still use a downlevel version (1.0.1822) on the Wink Relay since newer versions aren't compatible, so feel free to take this with a grain of salt. I've noticed (with 1822 and prior versions) that the app runs without crashing as long as it is displaying the contents of a folder and not the homescreen. Left running on the homescreen, it won't stay up for more than a day or two without terminating.

At first I thought it might be a couple of radar tiles on the homescreen that might be sapping resources-- as a test, I deleted them (so the homescreen used only simple tiles and folders), but it made no difference; the app woud terminate after a couple of days.

Ultimately, I created a folder (with copies of key tiles and a nested folder); when the app is left with that folder displayed, it stays up indefinitely.

Likely I'm just seeing a correlation of memory required to the number of tiles/folders currently visible... My homescreen uses about 70 tiles, 8 of them folders. The folder that stays up indefinitely only has 24 tiles, one of them a folder.

I've set Fully to open the Hubitat Dashboard itself. Will report back in a couple of weeks.

That's what I do without any problems.

I just noticed the one I set to Kiosk mode was minimized again. Checked the security options -- Kiosk mode was not on. I didn't touch it. I just turned it back on. The other one was still ok -- with Kiosk turned off.

Total newb here. I'm having trouble with Hubitat Dashboard. I have it installed on a kindle fire. I am currently displaying a date/time tile, a temp & humidity tile for a Centralite sensor, openweather tile, and a virtual thermostat.

I had it working all night with just the vthermostat but now it keeps failing to connect to the server. I keep getting "unable to connect to server!" message if I swipe down to refresh everything.

Or if I try to adjust the thermostat, I get "failed to conect to/192.168.xx.xxx (port xx) after 15000ms" message.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled the app several times. I even did a factory reset of the kindle and then reinstalled. The app initially installs successfully and I'm able to login successfully. But at some point after I edit display settings, edit tiles, etc, it quits working.

Any thoughts? TIA!!!

Is it possible that your Hub's IP address changed? You can check it here. If so, you can update the IP address in About -> Hub Details

I know I set my Hub to have a static IP address on my router to keep it from changing when things restart.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure, but I don't remember setting it as a static IP, even though I know that is recommended.

I should mention that I am doing all of this remotely. But I should also mention that there have been no connection issues with my Hubitat remote login. Only with updates on the kindle dashboard.