[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

RE: RTSP Video crashes - I see the reason this is happening.. The RTSP video driver requires API23+ and my Fire Tablet (2017) is API22.

In my case at least I'm able to view my IP camera video fine using the default ExoPlayer video driver. Let me know if this driver works for you. If the app crashes before you can change the driver, I'll check in a fix today so it'll always use the ExoPlayer driver if you're on an older version of Android.

Where do you identify the API version? I have the Droid Info app but that doesn't reference it.

most devices list it - Samsung has it under settings -> about phone -> software information; I don't see it listed anywhere on the Fire tablets though but there's a list here. Also, this page lists each Android version and which API it corresponds to.

Outside of the RTSP driver, I'm interested in if/how well the ExoPlayer driver works since it seems to support older devices well. It works for my IP camera. But, if it's not working I can look at this port of ExoPlayer which is supposedly tweaked for Fire devices

version 1.0.1822 (beta)

^^ fixes this

Jpage4500 great work on this dashboard. I will have to make another donation soon for all your hard work. I just set up a WeatherFlow Tempest and am using the Weatherflow Lite app. I would like to display on my dashboard. Has anyone done this. I can get it on the dashboard as a custom tile, but the display is not very good.

Can you send me the JSON output for this device? From there I can throw out some options for how it should look

Just emailed it to you. Thanks

Joe: Thanks for the reply about the adb shell commands. I will definitely be giving this a try!!
Also, wrt the RTSP video, I will try the Exoplayer this weekend and let you know what I see.
You do really awesome work supporting and upgrading your Dashboard app. Thanks for everything.

@jpage4500, I have 1.0.1819 on my Samsung S10+ and certain images still won't refresh. I can see the image (e.g. the 5 day weather forecast I linked to) flash very briefly at the refresh time, but the image stays the same. It looks like there might be local caching of that image?

I found this URL from an earlier post: https://kstp.com/wp-content/uploads/2000/01/dynamic_weather_seven_day_outlook.jpg

Is it possible this image isn't being updated remotely? It's hard for me to tell since there's no date/time on the image itself.

Actually, I think I see.. try opening up that URL above in a browser. Here's what I get:

Now, try opening up this link. I found it on this page. It shows a different image:

There's a URL param added (?_timestamp=cache-202208302035) that produces the forecast for that given timestamp (202208302035).

Thanks! It doesn't help that I started my testing on a Wednesday.

This probably won't help anyone else, but I tried that URL with "today" as the parameter, and I got today's 7 day forecast. It looks like even a blank parameter will return today's 7 day forecast, as long as the parameter is there.

Thanks again, the issue is closed for me I think.

glad you figured that out! I was thinking otherwise I could allow some special characters in the URL which I could replace with the current date/time..

Thanks for the JSON for this device! Is there a specific attribute that you'd like to see in the tile? For the 1x1 tile I usually just show a single value and temp seems like the obvious choice. I can show more in the wider version

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know I have been using the Presence feature for 30 days now on my Samsung S20+ and it has been great. 95% of the time in updates right away and the other 5% or so within 30 seconds to a minute.

After a week or so I turned off the Android geofence since it only worked sporadically.

I've been doing a little updating on my dashboard layouts (and transferring settings to different devices) on 1.0.1822. I'm seeing that when copying a layout to another device, some device tiles that are copies (for example, a copy of a motion sensor that is set to display as a temp sensor) no longer get updated on the dash when the layout has been transferred to another device's dashboard.

The tile will display a stale temperature when it is a copy of a motion device that is correctly displaying the current temp underneath the motion icon. Clicking on the 'Activity' of the copied device does show the current value (yet the tile itself displays an old value).

I have to re-create the copied device to get to work correclty... then the copy seems to update normally. Seeing this happen transferring settings from an S20 phone to a couple of Windows 11 machines running their built-in Android subsystem with sideloaded Hubitat Dashboard APK and to a Wink Relay.

On devices from which the settings layout was originated (or on a device where the copied device was re-created), the copied device tile is updating properly. It's been a while since I've added new devices to my hub and modified layouts so I'm not sure if this behavior is related to a recent update.

At least that's what I think I am observing. Anyone else seeing this happen?

I was having an issue with this as well. I've left it on ExoPlayer. However, when I had a 2x1 tile, it wouldn't be live. Click on the tile, the expansion tile would be live -- back to dashboard, it would be an old image. Now and then, black connecting... screen.

I changed it to 4x2 and it works fine. Not sure why.

I was thinking a wider tile. Possibly display temp, wind speed and direction, humidity and wind chill (winter only). Would be really cool if I could access the weather forcast from the app. But would think that is a separate deal.

I just tried and was able to reproduce this - thanks for the details and I'll try to get a fix out ASAP

2 Likes

Loving this panel app. IMO better than Actiontiles for my instance.

Is there a way to set a tile's color from a hex value? Or do i need to build the tile in the app and display that?

I have a driver that returns AQI and includes the warning color in #RRGGBB format. I can easily assign that color to a bulb, but would like to make a tile on the display for it.

1 Like

version 1.0.1832 (beta)

• support Weatherflow Tempest device
  • fix device copy not staying in sync
  • add new wind device type (speed + direction)

I added initial support the the Weatherflow Tempest device. It's nothing special at the moment - but defaults to a 'custom' tile showing temp, humidity, wind and brightness. If you already have this device set it won't change though - you'll have to manually 'manage display items' and select the ones you want to see.

In the process, I did add a new 'wind' device type which uses the 2 device attributes windSpeed and windDirection. Some devices pass degrees for wind direction (ie: 180.0) so I'm converting it to the text direction (N, NE, SW, etc)

This should also be fixed now

Note - I updated several libraries in this version so I'll be keeping an eye out to make sure nothing breaks.. I always worry about older devices which tend to get overlooked or lose support in open source libraries. I did update the production version of this app (Google Play and Amazon App Store) to the last version of the app just in case though.

2 Likes