[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

24 hrs a day and going strong.

1 Like

Same. Mine are velcro'd to the wall with a buried charger cable permanently connected or for the latest HD8 Plus - I set a QI charger into the wall and sat the tablet over it. They're never off.

@jpage4500 Is it possible to display the 'degrees' symbol on the tile? What I've noticed is that if I have a tile of type 'temperature sensor' it shows the symbol, if I set the same tile as type 'thermostat' it it also shows it. However if I set the tile type as 'custom' it only shows the value of the attribute without the degree symbol, even if the attribute picked for display should include it.

It should display the attribute text value as-is; are you sure this attribute has the symbol in it?

The temp and thermostat device types get the attribute and add the degrees symbol to it since the value isn't part of the attribute value; same with humidity

1 Like

Ahh ok thanks, that explains it. In the attributes for the device the symbol isn't shown for any value so that'll be why you're doing it. I checked the driver for the device and the code shows the degree symbol so I'm guessing your app gets the value as is from Hubitat. It was just for consistency of the display.

I agree! replacing ANY tablet's firmware usually is touchy and can result in a brick!
I would LOVE to put Lineage on my fires, but they are the HD10 2021 version and so far, I haven't seen how to change it as Amazon has locked it down VERY tightly!

I will try and restore the RTSP feed and see what happens, but without it the tablet has been running fine.... SO FAR!

The "restoring the layout after shutdown" problem still exists though, although I don't usually shut down the tablet.
I did try and backup to the hub AND locally to the "device" and it still doesn't restore.
I'll get a log file to you to see what is going on!
Thanks so much for your help!

P.S. I went so far as to do a factory reset and reinstalled my apps... no change though.

That is good to hear as I was planning on having mine on for 24/7, with the screen dark between 0200 and 1000, but still active and on AC power. I know LiPo batteries don't like 100%, so I might try cycling them a few days a week. Battery life though doesn't really concern me as I don't plan on having them run without AC.
Might try and remove the battery, but some tablet's power management don't like no battery, but I'll give it a shot!

I have at least 3 setups with my pads. Most of my pads have the screen on 24/7 without problems and have been running for years now. I have them in these mounts. I have 5V step down power converters inside the gang boxes behind the mounts. I have used Fire Toolbox on ALL of my pads. And I use @jpage4500's app on all of them except my kitchen pad. On my mudroom pad, I use Echo Speaks for messages, greetings, etc. I use Fully Kiosk Single App to keep Android Hubitat Dashboard (AHD) loaded and running with a security camera feed 24/7. The ONLY problem is the Alexa-Echo Speaks combination. When I get things from Alexa.....updates, weather notifications, etc., it drops out of kiosk mode and shows those notifications. I usually have to restart Fully and AHD when that happens, about once or twice a week. This is not an AHD problem. It's an Alexa-Echo Speaks problem. But I need ES for speech notifications. So I tolerate it, much more so than my wife. On the pad in my kitchen, I use this mount under my cabinet. I have an excellent recipe app, Paprika. We use it often, along with cooking timers. I do not use AHD on this pad, but maybe I should. I have the weather displaying 24/7 when we are not using it. But the Alexa notifications take over this pad as well. But I need Alexa for voice activated things like cooking timers and general "Alexa" questions. SO, Alexa and ES are both a blessing and a curse. BUT, @jpage4500 's AHD is an absolute MUST in my automated home.

1 Like

pathetic rowan atkinson GIF

2 Likes

haha - your gif collection is so large it took 23 hours to find the correct one :slight_smile:

Only 10 seconds after I saw your message :stuck_out_tongue:

BestBuy has Fire HD tablets on sale for 50% off.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amazon-fire-tablets-offer

Woot gets them several times a year with pretty good deals

Did something change in an update? All of the back tiles in folders have defaulted to 1x2 and is entirely unusable. Anybody else having this issuue?

Did something change in an update? All of the back tiles in folders have defaulted to 1x2

I pushed the beta update to production last week sometime - that's probably it. I removed the ability to change size/colors/etc for the back folder (it wasn't supposed to work anyway). Let me see if I can fix it (force them to always be 1x1) for now until I'm able to implement back button customization.

and is entirely unusable

it doesn't do anything?

I don't have Alexa so I can't test this; is it a system notification (displayed on top of screen and goes away) or does this app come to the foreground and not return?

Is Fully Kiosk not able to bring the app back into the foreground? I guess if Alexa logic is built-into the OS that could make things harder to do

I use the it on my phone with 10 columns most tiles are 2x2 or bigger to compensate for so many columns. A 1x1 back button is so small I can barely hit it.

Weather alerts are one of the frustrating parts of this. I want the weather alerts, but they pop up in the center of the screen and stay until cleared. Fully does not bring it back. I'll look at the Fully settings to see if I can fix that.

What generation fire HD10 do you have?
I have the HD10 11th gens and wanted to know if they are different.
Thanks!
I, too have use the Toolbox... very handy since there is no way to load a different ROM, YET....

I updated to 1.0.1662 and since then (a couple of days), I have a date/time tile that stopped updating, and my thermostat tile that did not update.
When I went to the log and returned, the tiles had updated with no apparent entry in the log as to the "failure" (if you can call it that).
Is this a bug since this version is a BETA?
Just to add.... I removed my RTSP tile and radar tile before I updated, so they are not there.