[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I was wanting similar. I have a http keypad for local access to my alarm. Currently I can do it as a web tile but clicking it opens another page. If I could add it as an iframe, I could size the tile to suit and operate my alarm directly from the tile (as I do in SharpTools)

I don't show 'check for update' if the app was installed from the Play Store or Amazon App Store. I had it displayed previously but it sounds like this didn't work for these store-managed apps anyway. It's there if you installed the app manually via apk link

1 Like

I have noticed that HE maker api app is using around 7% of my C-7 Total busy up from 0.7% in the last several weeks. Not sure if any app changes could cause this. I have added 20 or so devices taking the total devices to around 120 or so in the same time frame. Percent busy increase is quite a bit larger than the percent device increase. I do not have any tiles other than he devices. No RTSP or Url's.

I had a strange issue this morning. When I looked at my tablet the screen had reduced to 6 columns wide again. While I've seen that before, it's only occurred when restoring the app - this happened on it's own sometime overnight. When I tried to put it right, the app seemed to freeze and I couldn't close it or access the tablet Home Screen. I had to force a power down in the end and restart it.

The logs don't show anything specific. I can see an APP START message at 03:53 AM and again at 7:34 AM when I was fast asleep. I can only guess it's crashing and restarting at those times. There are an awful lot of Exoplayer DECODER_INIT_FAILED for my Hikvision RTSP camera stream so I might have to go back to using the mjpeg stream that I access via a Raspberry Pi (acting as server). Perhaps those video stream issues are causing a crash.

You can use an iframe in the web tile. One of the examples does this. Just enter the HTML snippet starting with <iframe>....</iframe>

Without using an iframe, it should work too although I disable interacting with a web tile until you open it in a popup window. Let me know what it looks like and if there's some similar example I can try to reproduce the issue.

I can describe what the app is doing at least. When the app starts up, it fetches all devices (no details) and then goes through each one and fetches the details. It then connects to the /eventstream websocket so future device updates will be 'pushed' out from the hub to the device - no polling needed.

The app will poll every 10 minutes (configurable in more settings -> hub details) which is necessary to get any new devices. But, other than that it shouldn't need to poll since everything it gets comes from the 'push' updates.

That's when you're on the local network. If you're on the cloud (remote) - the /eventstream websocket isn't available so the app will poll all devices every 5 seconds (configurable too).

All of this only happens when the app is running and displayed on the screen. If you're using a phone and you put the app in the background or turn your phone off - it'll have to do a poll again when the app resumes. But, if it's an always on tablet the only MakerAPI calls you should see would be every 10 minutes (1 to get all device ID's and 1 per device to get device status).

Anyway, it's about as optimized as I could make it. I'd prefer to make a single API call to both get all devices and all details together but that API call is SLOW (I opened a thread about it). I've also asked if Hubitat can make that /eventstream websocket available via cloud API which would save them a lot of bandwidth as well (also opened a thread but nothing yet).

1 Like

What I’ve found is, I can do it with a shortcut and that will open the webpage showing my keypad in a browser. If I use a web tile, I can view the keypad directly in the tile and I can see that an iframe is supported (once I fathom how to enlarge and centre the element I need) However for it to work for me directly on the dashboard, I’d need to be able to remove the action that opens the enlarged window when a web tile is touched; because otherwise interacting with a keypad number pops up the enlarged view covering the rest of the dashboard (which I’d rather not do).

I haven't tried to use this driver in a long time - I think I tried but got a little overwhelmed at all of the options. If you can explain how you have it configured I can try and fix what might not be working (if possible)

I'll add it to my TODO list.. what size tile is the folder? I'd probably have to support wide and tall sizes separately

I have no set number in mind. I know I have too many doors to see all that I want. Can you make it flexible? I would play around with it a lot if I had the ability. I especially like the folders and icons for things I do not want to accidently activate. Currently I'm limited to 4 in a folder or have to password lock on my main screen.

Hubigraph

Create New Radar Tile

Enable API

Click Done

Click Setup Tile

Put in Long/Lat and other options

Click next

Install Hubigraph Tile Device = On

Set application name to whatever

Click Done

Expose device (whatever you named it) to Maker API

Add tile on Hubitat Dashboard

Hi! Love your app! Thank you

I am however running into some issues (forgive me if these have been addressed upthread, I only read through May)

• I am still migrating some things to HE. My latest scenes and virtual switches are not showing up anywhere, even though the scenes and virtual switches I added to HE before installing your app do.

I've tried unlinking the HE hub and starting over without success

• LOVE the Pollen Forecast thank you!

I would also like to add the Asthma Forecast from the Asthma Forecast Driver, but I'm not sure whether it's part of the bug above or just not supported generally.

• Not a huge issue, but possibly confusing for guests. If I start my Roku Streaming Stick+ from the app the Roku works fine, but the app thinks it's off when it is on and says it is 'playing' when I turn it off? It's listed as an audio device. Not sure if that's part of the bug?

• Can I have the app with the same dashboard on multiple devices? It's most convenient to use on my phone, but I would like to have a wall mounted dashboard so that guests can turn on lights and what not as easily as possible

Thanks again! Terrific app overall

Did you remember to enable the latest scenes and switches under Apps/Maker API ?

Hi,
First of all, as many others have said, excellent app. Thank you for taking the time to create and share it.

I have setup a dashboard which is working well, but I have a strange thing happen when I try to add additional devices.
I open 'Manage Hidden Devices' to select/deselect the new one from the list, but the list always seems to be populated with a random selection. i.e. the deselected list doesn't represent what is already display on the dashboard.
I have many devices listed and have to go through the whole list again from scratch and remember what I had displayed. If I get it wrong and forget to deselect something, I have to go in again and the list doesn't represent what I just selected. And then again if I make another mistake.
Am I doing something daft? If this is a feature, would it be possible to make the list represent what was on the screen when entering it? That way just the additional item could be selected.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

version 1.0.1602 (beta)

• support Youtube videos
  • fix section view display when showing tall tiles
  • fix window shade opening/closing states

I just tried hiding 2 locks and then opening manage hidden devices and it looks good to me.

What version are you using? I did refactor this screen a while back to only show hidden devices. Before it was showing all devices but that was too confusing.

Are you talking about this driver? When I was first looking into this I found it only got the next 3 days and I wanted a 5 day forecast so I ended up just adding my own pollen support. Basically fetching from pollen.com.

I think I could add asthma support as well since the site is similar I believe.

If you want to use the Hubitat drivers, you should be able to as well though. You'll want to select the HTML device type and pick one of the 'tile' fields to display.

Thanks for replying so quickly.
Sounds like I have an older version because mine shows all devices.
The version I have is 1.0.1485 and was downloaded from the play store yesterday.
I tried to look for updates but wasn’t sure where they were.

I setup a radar tile and it looks like this in the app. What are you seeing?

I haven't updated the production version in a while.. I've been introducing lots of changes in the beta version and wanted to make sure they were stable before pushing them. I'll do that shortly

1 Like