[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Okay thanks understood.
Do you need any more beta testers? I used to be a software developer many years ago myself.

I have another question, this time about multiple dashboards. I’ve seen other posts but none really seem to answer the question.
I was thinking of:
Designing different dashboards on different Android tablets.
One for a downstairs house panel.
One for a bedroom night panel.
Both would get the devices from the same Maker API on the Hubitat hub.
Each would create a backup on the hub with different names. I.e. House Panel and Night Dashboard.
If there were any problems then they could be restored from the appropriate backup.
Each dashboard would be independent of the other.

To help my understanding further I think the following would be true:
Each tablet would be able to host its own dashboard.
Each tablet would also be able to have either dashboard installed by restoring from the appropriate backup.
But, both dashboards cannot coexist on the same tablet because a device can only exist on one dashboard at a time.

Before I experiment and mess up the dashboard I’ve setup, have I understood it correctly?

Thinking of the possibilities of this. I assume this could work for any videos or is YouTube something special? My mind immediately goes to local weather forecast videos. Than my mind thinks how awesome it would be to pull a plex stream into the dashboard, but I'm weird and use your dashboard as my daily driver phone UI with Fully Kiosk. I don't even know how to operate my android 12 OS for the most part, lol.

Didn't work, how do you get those funny YouTube links? Mine all come up m.youtube.blahblahblah

Thanks for the updated version.
I’ve tried the Manage Hidden Device again and the behaviour is still not as I would expect.

This is the dashboard before modifying.

I manage hidden devices and select just Shed from the list

On hitting ok all devices are added to the dashboard.

The dashboard was restored and again looks right.

Then try again but this time select everything except Shed.

Again all devices are added.

Any ideas?

anyone's free to get the beta version! There's a link in the first post to enroll (google play beta)

Is it a public youtube video? What's the URL? I got a few test URL's by clicking on the 'Share' button and copying the URL that shows up in there.

I'm supporting a bunch of Youtube URL formats but if there's more let me know. You can test a new URL on this page - just add your URL to the list and see if the video ID shows up in blue

Edit: Here's what I mean by 'in blue' (more like purple). I just need to get the video ID from the URL so I'm using a regular expression

I'm pretty sure this is the old version.. it was buggy & confusing.

The only thing 'manage hidden devices' is meant to do is to restore any devices you manually hid (edit -> hide tile).

In the version you're using I tried to also use this same dialog to hide multiple devices (instead of clicking edit -> hide tile)

What is that weather tile? I'm always interested in good weather tiles (although I'd probably try to modify it to make the background transparent or at least not stick out so much)

This is the newly downloaded version 1.0.1595. I assumed it was one you had just uploaded?

I tried to get the OpenWeatherMap working but was unsuccessful. It installed on the hub okay and returns the data perfectly, but the app gives the following error message.

This is an image tile with a url pointing to the weather.com. The site is good at allowing you to configure the data you want onto an image and then gives you a url to add to an image tile. I think you mentioned it in another thread somewhere.
It looks great, but as you say it would be nice to be able to change the image background to something a little less glaring.

Sorry it's not a direct screen capture. 2022 Fire 7

All of the pads in my house are used for different things, such as music, lights, locks, etc for that room or area of the house. And all of them are running the latest APK. And all of them usually use different devices. All of them were built on the same Maker API. And I just hide the devices and such that I do not need for that particular pad/phone. And every time I add new devices to that Maker API, I have to hide those devices on all of the pads/phones that don't need that device. I have also tried to add back hidden devices and have encountered problems. Moving forward, I will make a new Maker API for each pad/phone to hopefully avoid this problem.

1 Like

That worked beautifully! Thank you!

Thank you! That got the it working!

I haven't tried multiple MakerAPI instances but I don't see why that wouldn't work just as well. I guess whichever is easier. That was the reason I originally tried to make it easier to hide multiple devices at once but it ended up being a little too complicated and maybe buggy it seems too.

You don't have to do anything in the app to use the OpenWeatherMap driver. Just make sure it's setup on the hub and that you add it to MakerAPI so it's returned to the app. That's it.

That screenshot is just trying to explain how to get/install the driver. I figured a weather tile is one of the more used ones so I wanted to try and help get it setup.

I have a help page here too

I see.. yeah, I noticed that too. I think that's because of the <iframe> tag which specifies a height and width. I think that's generally an issue I've seen with embedded <iframe> html code. If the size is stripped or just larger I believe it would fill the screen.

Maybe I can do something in the app to fix this.. I'll take a look

Edit.. looks like it's returning "100%" for height and width so that's not it. I'll do some digging and see if I can still figure out a fix for it

"attributes" : 
    [

{
            "name" : "Graph",
            "currentValue" : "\n    <iframe style=\"width: 100%; height: 100%;\" src=\"http://192.168.0.201/apps/api/705/graph/?access_token=REMOVED\" data-fs=\"false\" onload=\"(() => {\n      const body = this.contentDocument.body;\n      const start = () => {\n      if(this.dataset.fs == 'false') {\n        this.style = 'position: fixed; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; z-index: 999;';\n        this.dataset.fs = 'true';\n      } else {\n        this.style = 'width: 100%; height: 100%;';\n        this.dataset.fs = 'false';\n      }\n  }\n  body.addEventListener('dblclick', start);\n})()\"></iframe>\n     \n",
            "dataType" : "STRING"
        },
1 Like

@jpage4500 Hey Joe, is it possible to add a link within your dashboard to download and install the APK for your dashboard. I've given up on updating through the Amazon Appstore and instead drop out of kiosk mode, open the silk browser, browse to this thread, scroll down to the APK, download, open the download folder, cleanup the download folder (previous updates to the dashboard), install the download, go back into the dashboard settings and re-enter kiosk mode, WHEW. Could you just put an update button somewhere? I'm aware that those of us with fire tablets will not be getting beta, thats fine, but a nice one stop shop for update would be great.

Also, if I update one fire tablet to the newest APK and backup to the hub. Than go to another fire tablet and restore from that backup, will it include the new updated APK, or is it just the dashboard layout?

I can't put a direct link to the apk or else Google Play and Amazon App Store would reject the app :frowning:

If you do install the app manually you shouldn't need to do all of this again though. I have a link (about -> check for updates) which only shows up for non-playstore builds. I use it on my wall mounted tablets to update the app from version to version..

If you don't see the link let me know. It's possible that if the app was initially installed via one of the app stores and later manually updated my check will still show that it was installed via the store (and no update link).

Oh geez I'm a blind idiot. I don't think I ever looked in the about section.