[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it's not part of your focus right now, but using it on Google TV has degraded from the last couple updates. Still can't access the menu from within a folder any more. Also, without using my Bluetooth mouse utility from my phone, I would l not be able to do a number of things (like hit the Update button on the bottom right when an update is found).

It works great now, Joe! Thanks!

Something just changed on my Fire Tablet.
The folders and icons are all bigger, and as such no longer fit on one page (as they did yesterday)

Any ideas?
version 1.0.1504

wish their was a way to test your betas on my fire tablets. So far this update looks awesome on my phone, can't wait for the motion detection to hit release version.

Both my fire tablets have the beta version. I just installed it directly from the apk link in the first post. You do have to check for updates manually after that (about -> check for updates) which isn't as convenient as having the Play Store or Amazon appstore auto-update apps.

Rats.. I tried to make sure nothing changed after the update. I changed some logic relating to number of columns displayed. Can you see if you can fix it by going to menu -> display -> grid size and then hitting the "+" sign to add another column?

Let me know if that doesn't fix it.. I may have to change how small I let the tiles get

Sorry, I forgot about that one. I made sure it's on my TODO list. Hopefully not too difficult to fix it

Nope, it wrecked my HD 10 dashboard. And I can only increase grid size to maximum of 6.

What I did basically was try and come up with a min and max number of columns.. and not make it fixed since every device has different screen sizes.

I used a test phone and kept increasing the number of columns until the tile size didn't seem readable to me and used that size as the minimum. So, I'm dividing the screen width by this tile size to come up with the max # of cols.

Maybe that logic doesn't make sense for every device.. I suppose it could have something to do with my test phone having a much higher resolution than a Fire tablet.

I'll lower the min tile size (which will let you increase the number of columns in the grid).. I'll get that pushed out here ASAP

1 Like

It is maxed out at 6. Won't let me go any higher.
My Samsung tablet, however, is at 8 columns, and can go higher

I just pushed out the change so it should be ready shortly.. it will let you increase the number of columns by quite a bit but let me know if it still could be better.

1 Like

Initial test - that works, much better. Thanks!

It did the trick. Increasing my columns on the Fire Tablet to 7 made everything viewable once again

@jpage4500, I take that back but it's not your fault. The lighting conditions are just too variable for the camera to do the job, at least on the Samsung Tab4 that I have.

That brings me back to the request to use a device (motion sensor in my case) to trigger screen on/off. Being the guy who doesn't do the work it seems a fairly simple matter of scanning the eventstream for a named device and mirroring it's on/off state to the screen on/off. I looked for your code so that I might be able to propose a solution but I haven't found it.

version 1.0.1513 (beta)

• Android TV: put 'add device' setting on main nav menu for non-touchscreen devices
  • Android TV: BACK key inside a folder will open nav menu (not back out of folder)

I made a couple of small changes for Android TV / Fire TV users. You should now be able to view the menu from a folder by hitting the BACK key. Before it would back out to the main screen but now you'll have to hit the 'back' tile to do this (on Android TV only.. other devices will still back out as expected)

I also replaced the "edit devices" menu item with "add device" since that wasn't easily accessible before via remote control only.

There's still no way (today) to re-arrange tiles on an Android TV device but I plan to add something that will work..

Also FWIW I noticed an issue scrolling through all of the devices via remote control if you have 1 or more 'tall' tiles (any tile > 1 row tall). This seems to be a bug with the layout manager I'm using to display tall tiles..

That works. Thank you!
Can you find a way to respond to available updates without having to use my phone as a mouse on Google TV?

Right.. it's just a snackbar message today which you have to click on. It'd be easier to just show the "Update Now?" dialog if you check for updates and there's one.

side-note - I found out the hard way that if Kiosk mode is enabled you can't update.. I'll have to disable that at least temporarily.

1 Like

Joe I've noticed app pinning stops apps native to whatever device from running. I'm not sure what Fully Kiosk does but it does allow for apps on the device to run when the dashboard is locked on. I only noticed this because your dashboard is my phones UI permenantly now, though as of now I need fully to "pin" it so I can also run my phones apps. If you can figure that out your dashboard could be used for far more than Hubitat. Anything thats got a crappy UI and runs android.

Like my card game using this app on a Raspberry Pi.

hi, It Is a very nice piece of software, neverthless It show only few of my devices, even I declared many more of them.
Any suggestione?