[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Alright, sounds good. guess I don't need Fully. I love the idea of using various hubitat sensors to trigger the screen, that sends like the holy grail.

Side note, Hubitat should be paying you. You have added so much functionality to Hubitat its insane. You should also have your own sub forum, this thread is crazy big.

1 Like

Still stuck this morning. :slight_smile:

This is going to make for a very nice UI for the firestick. 2 major problems that are preventing me from more thorough testing. Sliders do not work and I am stuck with whatever settings the dashboard started with. The other is that their is no easy to rearrange tiles as it doesn't work. A small issue that could be on my end I don't know, but I cannot tell what tile I'm on if I'm on one of my camera tiles. Their is no highlighted border.

Be sure to check the date on your radar map. Mine says "Radar down for maintenance" at the top and it has a date on the radar of 5/27/21 (nearly a year old). The HiDef MSP radar is from 12/17/2019! I checked Detroit and got similar results.

Change the NOQ to NCR in the final URL.

How do I hide the value of a boolean tile? I do not want to see "true" or "false".

Hi, I'm newbie here. I really like the app. I started to build my own dashboard and I have a few questions?
Is there any way to disable edit popup when accidentally hit section divider?
I'm running Sonos integration in Hubitat, but tiles not showing album artwork. Alexa discovered Sonos speakers as Echo devices (or Echo speaks driver) and tiles showing artworks but I can't control volume via tile. Anybody here with Sonos?

Thanks

I just noticed one the tabs seems to freeze. It still said it was in Alarm Night mode, which had been disarmed from the other tablet this morning. I kill the app and re-load and it's fine, for now. I had noticed it before -- it's tablet we don't use much.

1 Like

I just tested this again and I'm very happy with it. The beta version is markedly better than the regular play store version. Would love a couple of more themes and I have a few points but in general this is good stuff!

Circling back around to a feature request... It feels like this amazing tool has settled quite well ...

I would love to have the ability to override a folders' icon!

This is the dashboard/UI that I am using on my phone now. Your dashboard makes for a better UI than android, lol. Couple thoughts, when you add a shortcut and select apps could you add the ability to select more than 1 item at a time, it took a lot of time adding each phone app 1 by 1. The only down side is that if I pin the dashboard app it won't allow me to open any of the phone apps, which is weird because it doesn't work that way on a fire tablet with app pinning.

I don't know where you got your icons but can some more repositories be added in? It's so hard to find icons that work properly with background image and stay on task with my color scheme for on off, etc.

Agreed. It's a good thing that I am proficient with photoshop and can produce my own.

You should be able to change a folder's icon but to see it you also have to disable the "Show Contents" setting as well.

->

for a little more advanced info...

When changing icons for a folder or any device, there's an option to set the "on" and/or "off" states.. that's probably self-explanatory for a device (such as a light being on or off) but it's not as clear for folders. I believe by default the folder will use the 'on' state (icon/color) if any of the devices inside of it are considered 'on' and the 'off' state otherwise.

So, in the example screens above I have 7 lights in this folder and 1 of them is 'on'. So, the folder would use the 'on' icon.

I got 99% of the icons from iconsdb.com.. the reason I like that site is all icons have transparent backgrounds (.png) and can be downloaded in any color. I'm using white icons and have logic in the app to be able to replace white with any other color.. that's how I can change them to blue or black like the examples below

(side-note.. those thermostat temps should be the same color as the icons.. that's a bug)

1 Like

I'm not sure that's possible as the widgets need to be initiated by the user on the homescreen.. the app just gets an event saying the user created a widget with ID=123 and then I can show that UI to select which device, etc. But, the app can't programmatically create (or delete) widgets AFAIK

I'm trying to do a better job of keeping the production version up-to-date. They're the same now and it shouldn't be more than a week or 2 behind the beta version now. I'm doing that because there's been a few updates I've pushed to beta which have broken layouts. I try not to break anything but there's so many different devices and configurations that I wanted to make it easier to change to the production version w/out losing much (if any) functionality.

Would love a couple of more themes and I have a few points but in general this is good stuff!

Yeah, I've tried to think of some good themes that would make sense / be consistent / look good. It's kind of hard with so many different icons/devices but I'm always on the lookout for adding a quick way to change the look of the app without a lot of advanced editing. If you have some ideas let me know!

hmm.. I don't think you can today. When I was implementing Hub Boolean variables I was wondering if true/false would make sense or if it'd be better to use an icon for on/off states (like a checkbox or something). I didn't consider no icon at all though

I can see the slider issue.. I added sliders after originally testing on my Fire TV stick.

I'll add testing with Android TV to my TODO list and try to fix this and any other things that I can reproduce. I'm not sure about re-arranging tiles as that one could be tricky..

(somewhat related)

...however that said even dragging tiles around to re-arrange them is pretty finicky as well. I'd love to come up with alternative way to order devices - even if it's just a vertical list where all you do is re-arrange items.

The other thing I'd like to figure out is a way to re-arrange tiles without necessarily moving them into folders. It's always a pain for me to try to move a tile where a folder is -- without ending up putting the tile inside the folder

1 Like

I would prefer to have on/off states or the ability to add my own icon. But that does seem counterintuitive, since it is a boolean tile.

I have a group of designers at work that does digital design. I'll ask them for some ideas.

In general i like the icons etc. The color themes isn't super exciting to me although highly functional. I wish i could put custom labels on buttons (i have a few that are too long, i wish to keep them as is in hubitat but i can display them differently). Maybe that function already exists and i didn't pay attention.

I also would like to logically space things into horizontal blocks as well as vertical blocks. I like the horizontal bar, its not quite as big as a icon and it works well. I like the space tile, but i kind of wish it was 1/2 or 1/4 size so i can create a bit of spacing between groups of buttons without having to create such a big divide.

I wish i could put a vertical bar up on the first line. i haven't been able to do that, but i kind of use them as section headers (eg "Outdoors", "indoors", "garage", "others").

In general though, i really like it. I love the link to an app via a tile. I got my rapidring connected that way and it really works well.

I wish i could have one layout for horizontal mode and a different for landscape.