[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

The app looks at the HSM state and displays the appropriate icon. That status line "allDisarmed" doesn't look like one of the status's that I've seen before. Here's what the app is looking for:

disarmed
armedAway
armingAway
armedHome
armingHome
armedStay
armedStayInstant
armedNight
armingStayInstant
armingStayDelay

I can add in "allDisarmed".. do you or anyone else know if the all appears before other states too? such as "allArmedAway"?

these are the selections in HSM:

It seems that if I use "disarm all", there is no icon but if I use "Disarm", then its ok. So I think the best solution would be to make icons for each of HSM's selections.

It looks like there's some new states since I originally added HSM support. I did just push an update supporting "allDisarmed" state just now which should be available shortly (beta)

Thanks for the update.

I tried that and it pulled up my old Hubitat dashboard not the one in the app. Is there a way to save the app dashboard to the hub?

I use the Fully Single App Kiosk...

Maybe I am missing something... but when I change the icon of a BUTTON to a CUSTOM icon, I cannot expand the icon to fill the tile.

Test Button Icon

Icon file...

Today, only non-png custom images have the option to be expanded to take up the entire tile size.

Edit: that's not correct.. it looks like any custom image can be scaled. Long-press the tile -> edit -> Custom Icon Options -> Fill Tile / Crop Image

Tapping on the screen won't wake up a Fire Tablet.. is that right? I have a couple I can test on but they're running a different OS so it wouldn't be the same as the default Fire OS anyway.

I've gotten used to having this available on my Android phones but maybe Fire OS doesn't support this..

My guess is Fully uses a PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK, which basically keeps the CPU running but lets the screen turn off. Either that or a full WAKE_LOCK and they just dim the screen as much as possible.

Anyway, if I ever want to support turning the screen ON based on some Hubitat event (ie: motion or presence detected) I'll need to do something similar. It's something I've had on my list for a while but never got around to. Honestly, just keeping the screen ON during the day works for my use case.. but, it would be nice if I could also wake up the screen when it is OFF by tapping it

I will have to look again. But my screen wakes up when I tap it. It may be dimmed very low and then restores to normal when I tap it but the screen is off, or at least very dim, until I tap it to wake it up.

I initially tried that and nothing seemed to change. I tried it again, and I don't believe there is any change in the icon.

I loaded this image and selected "fill - no crop". Note I wasn't sure if this was a .png or .jpg so I named it .jpg.. not sure if that matters but I can try .png too

I just checked my Fully settings. I am dimming the screen down to 2 (0-255). When I tap, it returns to full brightness. That lasts for 10 seconds and then it dims back down to 2.

I just tried that again. Strange, no change. Is there an auto resize that might be occurring on my device (phone and HD 10)? I will just have to play with it and see what I can determine.

Edit: I just noticed that your tile is set up as a device valve. I have a device button.

I think with Fully Kiosk and fire os it doesn't actually wake the screen up persae. Instead it just blanks the screen and unblanks it on touch.... It what it seems to do on my fire 8

Thanks - that's good to know. I'm going to look into how to do this in the app as an option too. It'll be needed anyway once I add the ability to wake up the screen on some device event too

2 Likes

I see.. buttons are handled a little differently than most tiles (there can be up to 4 custom buttons/icons in a single device).

I'll get the buttons to all obey that setting. I also need to remove that 'change icons' option too since you have to use the 'Manage Buttons' option to edit button icons

Hey there @jpage4500 - Just checking in really. I'm so happy with my dashboards I can't even verbalize it! Thank you for that!

I've a feature request I'd like you to consider... and I'm not even sure it's possible in Android. I was trying to help someone and was describing an implementation of a javascript behavior to pop a window and it dawned on me that a function I'm used to for web based items is lacking or could be valuable in your app. onHover.
Many of my tiles have ridiculous names due to the convention I use within my hub. It's easily managed of course by your implementation of the tile name edit feature. On the flip side of that, I wonder if you could implement a 'while cursor hovers, display full title of the tile'. Because I have so many tiles in a small area most of my tile Titles aren't really readable and / or get chopped off (Correctly so!). It would be very useful to be able to move the cursor over the .... I think I just answered my own thought. There is no cursor on an android....
NM!

Hey there,

Great app. Just re-stating this again.

Question about the colour bulb tiles - the triangle in the corner controlling the colour disappeared. Now I have to long press on a tile to get the colour options back.
Did I miss something, and was this removed intentionally?

Thanks in advance.

Hi - yes I removed the little triangle from RGB lights. I wanted to simplify the UI - where a single click does the action (toggle lights on/off) and a long-click opens up a dialog with additional actions like changing the color.

1 Like