[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

version 1.0.1387 (beta)

• add "variable boolean" device type

This goes with the post above and adds support for Hubitat 'Boolean' variables

• If you click on it, it'll toggle the state (true/false)

1 Like

good idea!

I can't seem to change the size of the section divider

That section divider always spans the whole width of the screen so there shouldn't be an option to change the size (I can remove it).. at least that was the idea. I do see now that the title of the section divider doesn't show up by default because it's the same color as the background..

Ah okay, I didn't know that it was intended behaviour. I only found out because I was trying to create two dividers in the same row for the desktop dashboard. You;ll see there that the second and third rows of tiles are divided into two columns. Right now, I'm just using a | to denote the two areas :slight_smile:

Backup and Restore Issue : I am building several different dashboards for pads throughout my house. Devices on those pads differ greatly for different needs. When I build a new dashboard for a new pad, all of those new devices appear on my other pads. I have to physically hide all of the new devices on the other pads. I thought that restoring a backup on those other pads would remove the NEW devices and restore my original layout. It does not. How do I prevent new devices from showing up on my other pads?

Trouble with keyboard display : It appears that when I have devices that scroll off the bottom of the screen, the alphnumeric/numeric keyboards do not display correctly. If I tap a device that requires input, the keyboard does not show up. But when I close the device, the keyboard quickly displays and then disappears.

EDIT : Closing and re-opening the app seems to solve this problem.

Is there a way to copy a particular folder from one dashboard to another?

"Press" works fine for my buttons. But "hold" brings up a larger button that I then have to hold to get the "hold" action.

By default the app displays every device that's returned from the MakerAPI. If you add a new device to the MakerAPI list, it will show up on in the app the next time a full sync is done.

When you hide a device the app marks that device as hidden and that flag should persist across backups.. so, if you hide device ABC -> save a backup and then restore that backup file device ABC should remain hidden. If that's not happening let me know.

Basically the idea behind the restore is that the entire layout as you originally saved it should re-appear.

You can edit the backup file on your PC using any text editor. It's not trivial but if you find the folder you want to copy you'll notice an attribute that lists out all of the device ID's that are in that folder. This is the folder's contents - in order.

1 Like

Definitely not happening for me. However, I have multiple devices in use on some pads and hidden on others. So, how does that work for new dashboards?

That's correct.. I needed to get away from complex touch interactions on the main screen in general. I changed that back on 12/02

the main dashboard now only supports clicking on a button (sending the command push). To send other commands like hold and doubleTap, press and hold on any button

The main reason was to make it more consistent with the other tiles.. where a click does some action (toggle lights on/off or sends a button 'push' command) and a long-press shows all of the additional options you can do with that device. I did something similar with lights recently too.

version 1.0.1394 (beta)

• RTSP (video) streaming fixes

I'm getting back into debugging video streaming with my RTSP camera. I made several fixes to the open source library I'm using and am going to submit them to the author here next. Hopefully this will fix some of the problems with disconnecting but I'll keep on testing myself as well.

I think at the end of the day what I'd like to implement on my own wall mounted tablet is a tile that refreshes it's image every 30 seconds or so and then when I click on it to view live video (w/audio). That's not possible today in the app but I'll work towards that. The reason I don't want non-stop streaming video on the main dashboard tile is just to conserve bandwidth/WIFI.. maybe it's not really necessary but it just feels wrong to me to stream nonstop when no one's watching!

Anyway, for anyone with an RTSP video streaming device please let me know if this fixes any issues you've had.

2 Likes

One issue I have is with my Foscam's. Right now they stream fine as an image to HE's dashboards with 1 second refresh. I can't seem to get them to show in your program... (it may be I'm doing something dumb)... Here is the format mine uses...

http://192.168.2.63:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=user&pwd=xxxxxxx

My rtsp is rtsp://user:password@ 192.168.2.63:88/videoMain

Neither seems to work...

Hi, there's a couple of things you could try. The video tile supports either MJPEG or RTSP video. But, I wonder if the URL listed here is just returning an image - which the HE dashboard is just refreshing every 1 second. Could you try that same URL in an image tile instead? You can set the refresh rate here too to 1 second.

I did a search and it does seem like Foscam supports MJPEG video but the URL format is a little different: cmd=GetMJStream

Step2: Get the MJPEG stream:

http://ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=xxx&pwd=xxx

https://www.foscam.com/faqs/view.html?id=128

I see mention of RTSP support too in that link above but it's not loading for me so not sure if that format looks right or not.

1 Like

@jpage4500, Any chance of making the Hubitat Dashboard compatible with Android Auto?

My car head unit runs Android natively, so I don't need it in my car. But when ever I mention I can control my home automation from my car I get people asking me if it is supported by Android Auto. I think this would open the app up to a whole new audience. Great for opening the garage door, turning on outside lights, unlocking doors, etc. I've used mine to let a contractor in the house while I was hundreds of miles away on the interstate.

3 Likes

I'm not against this in any way - but I don't have a way to test it which would make it harder to implement. Something I remember running into before too is you're supposed to pick one of these categories for an android auto app:

• Media apps
  • Messaging apps
  • Navigation, parking, and charging apps

I'm not sure what category this app would fall into but it doesn't seem like any

2 Likes

I would put it as media app maybe to try it out

I guess you only have APIs or libraries in those categories? If true then I guess it isn't possible at this point in time. (?)

Probably not meant to be fiddling with dashboards while driving. Dashboards exist to be looked at and tapped, which are probably both things driving-related software wants to discourage.

1 Like

Setup properly it is less distracting than a 1950's AM car radio. The garage door is two presses on big tiles. Locks, lights, etc., can be done from the driveway (but those too are one or two presses). In my case, I also have Amazon music and a Internet radio station app, those too are optimized for car use, and, again, no more distracting than a regular car stereo (e.g. no two finger operations, large tiles). Can someone do more, things that are more distracting? Of course, I could feasibly watch most of my cable channels through the Xfinity app on it. But that would be illegal and not something I care to do. The Hubitat Dashboard is certainly not a problem when properly configured.