[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

version 1.0.2377 (beta)

• refactor recent events screen to be faster and ordered by recent events
  • support combining multiple calendars into a single calendar tile
  • fix 'always on' setting after loading from backup
  • update libraries (requires min SDK version to 19)

I made several changes to the Recent Events screen so it should load faster and will display events in order of newest to oldest. You can view more events by clicking on "Load more..."

You can also now combine multiple iCal URL's into a single calendar tile. I'm using this for my Family Calendar tile which is displayed on multiple dashboards in our house. Since it's a pain to enter URL's on a device, I add it via the HD+ Tile Hubitat device. For multiple calendars, you just need to enter multiple iCal URL's separated by a comma in the URL field

6 Likes

@jpage4500 is there a motion tile which also has LUX?

Maybe you could roll your own ala TileBuilder?

His tool allow colorized value scale - for example for the Lux value - and Icons for the Motion active/inactive?

I'm using the "Speaker" tile to control a TV and I assume for volume it uses the setVolume(x) command, unfortunately that doesn't work with the TV. Only volumeUp() and volumeDown() are supported. Would it be possible to incorporate that too somehow? I'm thinking up/down arrows like for a thermostat.

Ideally a "TV" tile with more TV controls (mute, channel up/down, navigation, etc) would be better.

With the latest version update, I can no longer seem to scroll to the bottom of my dashboard.

Would it be possible to use the Virtual Keypad app with HD+ somehow to add keypad functionality?

I am having the same issue, I reported the bug/issue through the app.

I don't see anything in the latest changes that could have affected this. But, that said, I also see an issue scrolling to the bottom if 1 or more tiles are tall (> 1 row). I've always had scrolling issues with the layout manager that controls this and that shouldn't be anything new but I'll look into it.

1 Like

Same for me. I cannot scroll to the bottom. My bottom tile is 3 high, but i connot scroll down to it to edit it's size down to 1.

version 1.0.2379 (beta)

• fix scrolling to bottom of dashboard when you have 1 or more tall tiles

I'm hoping this build will fix some of the issues trying to scroll to the bottom of the dashboard if you have any 'tall' tiles (> 1 row tall)

Scrolling with tall tiles has always been an issue and it's related to an open source library I'm using. Surprisingly there's not a lot of alternate ways to display a grid but with tiles that can be wider or taller than the typical 1x1 grid square. Scrolling still isn't perfect but much better from my testing and worth updating. I'll continue to look into making scrolling smoother

1 Like

Right now there's just a light sensor or a motion tile:

You can use the Custom device type and select both Motion and Light sensor options to display:

If you're looking for the custom background colors depending on the illumination value (LUX), I can add that option

1 Like

Is this an always displayed PIN screen?

I took a quick look at it and didn't exactly figure out how to set it up. Is each button (ie: "1") it's own tile or is the entire keypad a single tile on the dashboard?

It might not be too hard to add a similar kind of device type in HD+ but I'd want to know more about how it works and how it'd be used/etc

Not sure. I don't use it.

What do you think about adding a "TV" tile?

I just have a tile with a TV icon that's a shortcut to a folder. Within that folder are tiles for several news channels (Sky, GBNews etc) - they use YouTube shortcuts. Also in that folder is a shortcut tile that opens my cable provider (Virgin Media) app (Virgin TV Go)

So it depend what you want this tile to do as it's likely already possible...

I see a TV capability in the docs: Driver Capability List | Hubitat Documentation

Do you have a device that supports this? I can try to support it.. if you have some ideas of how it could look let me know. I'd also want to know what some of these attributes look like on a real device to help

The 1x1 tile can be just the on/off icon with the current channel (channelName attribute)

The 2x1 tile can look like more like this with volume up/down, power & mute, channel up/down.

And the full tile can include a D-pad, home and back buttons, input changer. But that's more advanced, the 2x1 tile should cover most of the use cases.

Sure, I can put together something for a TV device. I'll look for the TV capability so let me know if the Hubitat driver you're using doesn't support this (not all custom drivers support things equally)

Normally I try not to put many buttons/controls on a tile -- just because it's easy to accidentally touch while scrolling the screen. But, I can try it and get feedback on how it works/looks

1 Like

Is there some kind of caching available for html tiles, to prevent seeing blank page when loading?
Seems fast in the video but sometimes it takes 5-10s.
ezgif-2-ee9bf984dd

It's still a work in progress but getting close..

It would help to see the device details of a device which supports either the TV or SamsungTV device capability though.. for example with that channelName attribute and any other attributes/commands that could be supported.. the Hubitat docs don't give any examples.

Either way I'll try to get something pushed out this week and can get feedback if anyone has a device to test this with

1 Like