[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

No longer have sounds for alerts such as door/window opening etc.
Using Amazon Fire 7 (12th Generation).
It appears soundible.com is now defunct!
What other options would be available?
Would it be possible to store audio files on Hubitat (C7)?

I have a GoGoGate 2 which has been found as a thermometer, but when you click on device type you only have the choice of battery or custom.

Any thoughts on how to edit this to a gate/garage door switch?

I think it's soundbible.com and it looks like it's still there.. but maybe something changed

Yeah, it makes sense to get these from the hub's filemanager like I can for images.. I'll add it to the TODO list

Can you post or DM me the device details? Basically what comes out of MakerAPI since that's what the app sees. If it's a custom device driver maybe it doesn't list the switch capability?

Yeah your right it is soundbible.com I think my eyes were crossed!
For some reason sound alerts are no longer working!
I can select a sound from menu for doors opening, but no sound from tablets when opening doors.
Until today it has been working fine. No Idea what has changed.
Not able to select sound file for windows opening. No menu comes up.

It is an early version of iSmartGate. I am using an old driver before it was updated to iSmartGate.

it looks like they changed their site. I used to be able to search like this: https://soundbible.com/suggest.php?q=doorbell&x=0&y=0

For some reason sound alerts are no longer working!

HD+ will download the sound file and used the cached version as long as possible. What probably happened is the soundbible site changed a long time ago and for some reason HD+ needed to get the original version again (cache expired or was cleared) and it didn't exist.

I'll try to fix soundbible search (looks like this works: https://soundbible.com/search.php?q=doorbell)

I'll also look into letting you put the sounds on the Hub or on the device and select them from there

sorry, I meant the device JSON that comes back from MakerAPI. That will have all the attributes/capabilities/commands which HD+ uses to offer different device types. I have a support page on getting that here

EDIT: nevermind, looking at the driver itself is good enough to see what's happening. The driver doesn't have a "ContactSensor" capability which HD+ uses for the 'door' device type. I hadn't seen that "DoorControl" capability before but it's documented so I'll add support for it in the next version

capability "Initialize"
        capability "Refresh"
		capability "DoorControl"

attribute "door", "string"

Thanks

I just checked which actual Driver I have and it is a slightly newer driver than the Beta but still GoGoGate2 and not iSmartGate. So this is maybe where it is picking up the temperature from.

It has the following.

capability "Initialize"
    capability "Refresh"
	capability "DoorControl"
	capability "TemperatureMeasurement"
	capability "Battery"

attribute "door", "string"
	attribute "battery", "string"
	attribute "temperature","string"

I haven't checked the JSON yet.

Yes, but not from within HD+

version 1.0.2162 (beta)

• send location name if inside any geofence
  • handle device with DoorControl capability
  • refactoring sound picker for custom sounds on device state changes

The first change is that I fixed the custom sound dialog for soundbible.com as well as added support for using sounds on the Hubitat's filemanager and just a better UI in general

I also am now handling devices with the DoorControl capability

Lastly, if you use the Location Tracking feature (sending device location to Hubitat) there's an added feature. IF you have any geofences setup in the Presence Tracking screen AND you give each location a name -- HD+ will also pass the "name" of the area in addition to the location.

It's completely optional and you'll need the updated "My Location" driver. Basically this makes the app/driver combo closer to what you'd get with Life360 -- coordinates and the name of the area you're currently in.

I know the UI for all of this isn't the most intuitive so ask if you can't figure it out. I'll think about ways to make it easier to explain and setup for future versions

1 Like

version 1.0.2162 (beta)
Sounds great Joe. When is it available?

@jpage4500 just installed the new nest doorbell battery and the stream is slightly different from the old. any ideas what i need to get it to work?

Old

New

Just getting a image failed to load error

Are you using this as a video or image tile? Can you send me a device log (about -> support)? That might have some information in it

where do i send

Ever since I added Android Auto support, Google seems to be taking longer to review/approve app submissions. Usually it's been a day after I submit it but even once it's approved it can still take a little time for everyone to 'see' the update in the Play Store.

It's always available immediately though if you use the manual apk route (see first post). The manual route also has a 'check for updates' option which lets you do an in-app update.

if you select an email app like Gmail, it should populate the to: field with joe.page.software@gmail.com but if not that's the best place to send it

1 Like

Now have door/window chimes working again. Many thanks.
Just noticed that I can set an away alarm within HD+ even if a door or window is open.
Don't know if I have done something wrong in my setup or if I need to modify something.
Hope you can direct me to rectify this.

Can you explain this a little more? I'm not following

Not sure if the problem is with HSM or HD+ or me.
If a window or door is left open I am still able to arm the system.
I would think that I should get an error and not be able to arm the system.
Hope this makes sense to you.