[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

It's been a while since I tested this but I think I support setting date/time variables

I remember there's logic to show both a time picker and date picker when both are set or just the time picker when only the time is set. Anyway, let me know if this isn't working and I'll test it out

1 Like

I saw some reported slowness with the hubitat oauth servers. Maker api uses oauth if i am not mistaken. Might this breakdown have been related to that?

will try it out and will let you know

Thanks, the app is really awesome.

No.

1 Like

Lol ok

There’s more in this thread:

1 Like

Anybody care to do a write up on how to do this? I haven't got the foggiest clue.

1. In Hubitat > Settings > Hub Variables > Click +
  2. Give it a name of 'AlarmTime', set the type as 'Date/Time' and set an initial time of any random time (you can leave the date alone)
  3. In the list of Hub Variables click 'Create' in the 'Connector' column so that it's available in Maker API
  4. In Apps, go to your instance of Maker API for HD+ and enable the check box for 'AlarmTime'

That's got you a tile in HD+ with the initial alarm time on. Clicking it will allow you to adjust the time to whatever time you want using the wheels.

You'd then create your rule for your alarm:

Trigger - 'Certain Time' select 'Variable Time' in the drop down and then select your 'AlarmTime' variable.
Actions - set as required for notification etc

I'd probably create a virtual switch 'Alarm Enable', and add that to the dashboard adjacent the AlarmTime tile so you can switch the alarm on/off as required. You'd then just enable 'Required Expression' at the top of the rule and add the condition for Switch > 'Alarm Enable' On.

3 Likes

I feel like you should repost this in the main forum with a catchy tile. I never knew this was an option. Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

I’ve never actually tried it previously but may add it to my dashboards now. Sometimes when someone posts a question about how to get a rule to do something; I jump in and try to do it myself on my hub. It’s helped me learn a lot in HE.

Just thinking about it again @jnosa899, you could easily develop that rule a bit further. Let's say your action for the alarm was to play music or an audio file through a speaker, you could add a virtual button for a 'Snooze' function. Adding that to the rule could stop the audio, but recommence it after 5 minutes until the enable switch was turned off.

Maybe a feature request for @jpage4500. Custom sounds seem to be available for Switch on, switch off etc but they are momentary. If it were possible to have a 'latching' option for a custom sound (sound persists/repeats while switch is on), the alarm clock action could just turn on a virtual switch with a persistent sound associated with its 'on' action. That would give the alarm sound on the dashboard rather than through a smart speaker and would maybe be a little simpler to setup.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong, this may be a bug? If I go into 'Custom sounds' for a device there's an option to search soundbible and a list of options - chime, ding dong etc. However if I cancel out and go back in to 'Custom Sounds' for any tile, the list is no longer there, just the option to search soundbible and that returns no results whatever I type? I've tried this on two different dashboards, one running 1.0.2055 and one on 1.0.0.1991 with the same result.

2 Likes

I'll check.. I haven't tested playing sounds in a long while so it's very possibly a bug

1 Like

Hello @jpage4500

I wonder if you would consider the creation of a tasker tile? A tile that would launch a tasker task?

Can you give me an example? I haven't used Tasker much before. I'm out of town but will look more into it when I'm home

1 Like

Many thoughts come to mind.

A simple one would be a tile that launches the task to control the wifi plug that is inbetween my hubitat hub and ups.

The rabbit hole gets much deeper depending on how far youd like to dive. But just being able to launch some tasks from hubitat hd+ interface would be awesome.

Wake on device activity stopped working for me. I'm on .2066.

Same here on the Wake on Devie Activity. It seems like sometimes it works, sometimes it dont. Mostly don't.

I have another device on .1977 and wake on device still works fine. The one on .2066 never works, not even sometimes.

I've tried removing the trigger device, backing out, going back in and re-adding it. That didn't work. Tried closing the app and re-launching which is usually the fix but nothing.

I do have to close and re-launch the app anytime my hub has been restarted though. That's been an ongoing issue.

This isn't a feature I use normally so I'll enable it and test it out

1 Like

RE: screensaver 'wake on device' - I see what's happening here and I'll fix it

version 1.0.2077 (beta)

• fix screensaver - wake on device activity
2 Likes