[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I had never used influxdb and grafana before, but had heard a lot about them. It was a slog figuring it out. there is an Influxdb logger app that pushes data from devices that you can graph until your blue in the face.
I wrote a fairly simple (?) step by step on how I did it on a SynologyNAS (where I run my Echo Speaks server as well).

The result of just a rudimentary graph on HD+ : (the best part - it's zoomable, and interactive as a web tile!)

1 Like

Thank you for the quick fix Joe. Switching between dashboards works smoothly now.

1 Like

Hi, can you give some examples for this? I've never used smartthings

Cool, I didn't realize the grafana pages would load in the app. I found the link generated when you click embed (minus the iframe) fits nicely as well without the menu

1 Like

Is it a known bug that when you add a webtile to the main page, and you have another (different) webtile embedded in a folder, the new webtile appears in the embedded folder. And when you delete the tile from the embedded folder, it deletes it from the main page as well.

I'm on version 1.0.1935, not sure if that's the most recent beta.

Thanks!

I have 2 screenshots (hopefully) attached, one smartthings one HD+. In smartthings, if you go into history, click on activity, it will bring up all available activities, such as battery, temperature, acceleration, motion, humidity and motion. Then you can select any or all of them to display the results.
In HD+, I show different activities that are available for the bathroom sensor. The ability to select any or all of them in a pop-up, to filter to another screen with results would be nice. The example in the smartthings app is not good cause I only have appliances connected. If it were, say a multisensor, all of the activities would display with the ability to filter the ones to display. Smartthings does this.

Thanks

My clock (time) tile has been incorrect lately. I have not made any changes to this pad but the time has recently been delayed. Anyone else?

1 Like

I've a tile that is showing currently 9 minutes off - but clicking it shows correct time in popup window. a refresh isn't updating it. odd.
*edit - at the 10 minute mark it updated itself - I think it's a dashboard update rate setting for me

1 Like

Mine took a couple of refreshes to catch up.

I'll take a look; both my wall mounted tablets are accurate as that's something I'd notice right away. I can't think of any changes I've made to this area in a while either.. but, I'll see if I can reproduce it on my phone

*edit - at the 10 minute mark it updated itself - I think it's a dashboard update rate setting for me

The date/time tile should update every 30 seconds.. so the most it should be off by is 29 seconds. You can't change the rate that it refreshes so something else must be happening

2 Likes

@jpage4500 Thank you for the HD+ app - it's really fantastic!

I am having an issue with the dashboard tile for my Hunter Douglas shades that open from both the top and the bottom, and I am hoping you can help me out.

Background
The device for these shades has 2 key attributes: "Top position" and "bottom position". These attributes will be in the range of 0 - 100:

• For the top of the shade, 0 = top of shade is all the way at the top and 100 = the top of the shade is all the way at the bottom.
  • For the bottom of the shade, 0 = bottom of shade is all the way at the bottom and 100 = the bottom of the shade is all the way at the top.

So 0,0 = fully closed. 0,100 = fully opened from the top. Etc.

The problem is that when the shade is fully closed, either of these attributes could actually be anywhere between 1 - 7, even though they should both be at 0. This results in the tile showing the shade as open even though it is actually closed.

Request
Is there any chance you would consider adding an option to configure a threshold value that will be considered the equivalent of 0? ie, A threshold of 7 would mean that any value between 1 -> 7 would be interpreted as 0.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Marc

1 Like

Sound like the device is not configured correctly? Most blinds need to have there high and low limits set so the range is correct.

I didn't know about this but I'll try to reproduce it. If I can, I'll get it fixed ASAP

I see.. yeah, I'll look into being able to filter the activity results. The only issue is MakerAPI only returns the last 20 results. It'd be nice if I could request the last 20 'temperature' changes via MakerAPI (assuming that data is even saved on the hub) but that'd be a MakerAPI change.

It sounds like I might have to handle this device separately than a normal 'windowshade' (docs)

Attributes
position - NUMBER, unit:%
windowShade - ENUM ["opening", "partially open", "closed", "open", "closing", "unknown"]
Commands
close()
open()
setPosition(position)
position required (NUMBER) - Shade position (0 to 100)
startPositionChange(direction)
direction required (ENUM) - Direction for position change request ["open", "close"]
stopPositionChange()

Would you be able to send the full JSON MakerAPI response for this device? I can look for something specific for this new device type. I might have some additional questions but your request is a great start.

Yes, I did notice the total results (20) is quite low. However, if you can do it, cool. The priority level for this is very low. With HD+, hubitat is much better. Monitoring what's going on in the house is made easy. You're the Man. Thanks

I noticed a few people have asked for this over the years.. the data is there so it's just allowing more events to be returned via MakerAPI.. anyway, here's a couple of the posts (here and here)

@jpage4500, thank you for responding and your willingness to address my problem.

After submitting the request, I did some poking around at the driver and modified it so that it automatically forces "top position" and "bottom position" to 0 if the value is <=7. I also forced it to 100 if the value is >=93, which solves an analogous problem for properly showing the shade is open.

If you're still interested in making the change, let me know and I will send the requested information and test the change once you have it available. Having said this, my current feeling is that this is really a bug in the driver. It just took a bit for me to recognize this.

Let me know your preference -- if you make the change to HD+ I will back out my driver changes so I can test things properly.

Marc

Any chance you could add an option to hide and or eliminate the creation of back buttons in folders. When using android just controls you can go back with your swipe motion.

1 Like

I have added a Aeotec Smart Switch 7 US ZWA023-A but it does not show up in the app. I went to device logs and it's blank. None of my devices show up. Thoughts?