[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Sorry for the delay.. I think I understand what you're asking for but need a little clarification. You want a single-click on the button to send the command (no dialog), right? The toggle on/off setting should do that. But, when you long-press the button on the dashboard you're getting that device details dialog (3rd screen) and not the button only one (2nd screen).

I have been trying to make the UI more consistent and one of those things was showing the device details screen on a long-press of any device from the dashboard. That said, you should be able to double-click or long-press on the button in both of those screens to send the 'hold' or 'doubleTap' command to the Hub. Are you not seeing that?

hey @jpage4500 ... I'm back again.
I was recently working on a what I thought was a driver issue, when I realized it was the tile that was causing my problem.
The value passed is decimal, but the tile is rounding incorrectly.

Is there a setting for decimal places and pre-built tiles? Do we have the ability to turn on/off the decimal? I love prebuilt tiles but in this case I'm monitoring a trigger for a bath fan and I could use the ability to see the correct value. Recommendations?
PS - It may be obvious, but I want to point out the rounding error as well. In discussions, BigDecimal(ROUND_HALF_UP) or

For the built-in device types (temp, humidity, battery) I wanted to make sure the values displayed as large as possible so that's why I truncated the precision. I say truncated because it's clearly not rounding the value.. I'm unsure why I didn't round it at the time -- but I don't see any reason I shouldn't round it so I'll make that change.

I did add an option to the temperature device type for precision (images below). In fact it seems like that rounds just fine!

I'll do the same for the humidity device type -- both round the value and add a precision option.

It's a bit more complicated for the 'custom' device type but I'll see if that's possible too.. the precision here would apply to all of the values displayed.

Anyway, all of that would only apply to the built-in device types. If you have a custom device type tile and select one of the attributes in the "Custom Attributes" section I'm just displaying the value as-is -- no rounding, adding "%" sign, etc.

2 Likes

Hi @jpage4500 Something I've just noticed tonight. I'm not sure whether this is something that can be tweaked...

I have a Web tile that brings up the BBC Weather for my town (http://bbc.co.uk/weather/2642607). I use a Web tile as it opens in a full screen pop up and when I'm done I just click the X to return to the dashboard. Although I'm usually just checking my home forecast, if I'm going way I want to use the search box to enter another town to look at. When I click the cursor into the text input box it won't pop up the onscreen keyboard. I initially thought this was just the Fire keyboard as it does sometimes fail, however it's not the case. If I use a Shortcut tile and enter the same url it works fine giving me the keyboard. I'd rather not use a Shortcut tile as I then have to partially swipe up and use the back button on the Fire to return to the dash.

Is it possible to get the text input working in a Web tile or is there some limitation preventing it? Many thanks.

version 1.0.1929 (beta)

• 'return to home' will return back to main dashboard
  • fix crash in RTSP library
  • use global precision setting for humidity device types
  • round Float when converting to int

A couple of small changes/fixes in this version.

The only one with some UI is I've added the "Precision" setting to temp or humidity device type tiles

It's a global setting -- meaning if you set it to "1" it'll take effect on any tempature or humidity displayed in the app.

Also, it's not forcing the precision.. meaning "32.0" will still show as "32". And if the hub driver is only sends "32" as an attribute - that's all that will be displayed regardless of the precision value you set. Hopefully that works.

It should round correctly now

This should be fixed now too

I see the same thing (no keyboard) so I'll look into this. I did notice I had to make the tile quite large (3x4) to be able to view any actual weather data. Does this weather driver not work in the UK? It does the heavy lifting (fetching the weather) and lets the app display the forecast. I can see the layout not fitting everyone's wants/needs but just asking.

There might be another way to get a similar forecast w/out the ads...

1 Like

Thanks

I've just set my web tile 1x1. You may remember some time ago you made a change that allowed me to use an icon for a web tile instead of the web page itself. I changed mine to a cloud icon titled 'Weather' and matched the colour to the rest of my menu bar. So I've no preview...when I click it, it brings that web page up full screen. I can click around in it to look at different days etc and click the X in the upper right corner to close it, so it's working great in that respect.

I'm not sure if I've used that one. I have tried several weather tiles over the last few years but anything that's just a summary didn't really show me what I wanted. When the weather gets a bit better (4.5 celsius at the mo) I'll be having some long days out on my motorbike. I like to be able to check the weather for the day in several locations so I can plan a route to suit.

Yes. When the button was first added, it did this. Tap the icon, it would "Push" the button in HE. I think when I would double tap it would send the Double Push command to HE too. (It's been a little bit now and my focus has been elsewhere, sorry.) But it would only do this when the phone was in Portrait orientation. When I was in Landscape and pressed the button, the big button icon would come up. After this pop over appeared, then the push, double tap, hold, etc would work.

I did change the Click Action from the default Prompt to Toggle On/Off and yes, it acts like a switch then, regardless of the orientation. But only the single button presses. I have since put it back to Prompt and now the big button icon comes up every time, in either phone orientation positions.

I think I am only able to send the Hold or Double Tap when the big button icon is showing. The button acted differently when it was first added to the dashboard than it does after I changed the Click Action. Sorry, it's been a bit and I haven't tested this recently. I'll try to over the next few days and report back.

@jpage4500 "It's beautiful man!" Your 'precision' option, and repair of rounding are perfect!

Rounds correctly, (tested). Note the font size consistency, layout accuracy and overall JOY of the user! Thank you!

2 Likes

That's possible -- I don't remember exactly but the initial version might have supported double-tap and long-press directly from the main dashboard. But, I quickly realized that allowing more than 1 'action' from the main dashboard would get complicated and be too easy to fat-finger. The same tile also handles multiple button devices too.

I don't know why it only worked in portrait though.. sounds like that might have been a bug.

Anyway, I've tried to keep all of the main dashboard tiles to just a single action when possible and to offer the more advanced stuff when you long-press the tile.

The 'click action' setting determines what happens on a single-click.. it'll either send the command to the Hub or open up that larger button dialog. But, if you long-press on the button - you should still be able to double-tap or long-press on the button there too. Hopefully that helps a little

1 Like

On a related note, as I get questions I'll try to update the main support page. I know searching through this 4,000 post support thread is pretty much impossible unless you know exactly what you're looking for (and it's still hard even then!).

The idea of the support page is to explain all of the major features and options.. which of course are evolving over time but I'm trying to keep up with it.

HD+ Support

Newly added/updated sections:

I'll make a note to update some areas that need more detail too -- like video or web tiles.

8 Likes

What are the best android tabs to use for HD+? I've been using Fire Tabs, but I think the low-res is causing some issues for me. A little sluggish, too. Probably going to swap them out.

Looking for a solution. Here is the situation:
I am using the Joe Page dashboard on 2 tablets at home.
Since I want to have alarm remote capability on my Iphone, I have created a simple Hubitat dashboard that I can access through the app.
Since the functionality is different between these dashboards, I set up 4 virtual switches:

Alarm On (action is HSM Arm Away)
Alarm Off (action is HSM Disarm)

Alarm On Mobile (action is HSM Arm Away)
Alarm Off Mobile (action is HSM Disarm)

Each dashboard uses on/off switches.

The problem is that they are not synchronized. When it Alarm is on (Joe Page dashboard) the Hubitat dashboard shows it is off, and vice versa.

How can I synchronize these two dashboards?

Many thanks in advance.

They aren't in sync because you're using different devices for each. Get rid of the latter 2 and use the first 2 on your mobile as well.

Hi and thanks. I ran your suggestion and got rid of the last 2 rules. Changes to the Page dashboard still does not change the status in the Hubitat dashboards. Is there a way of linking them somehow?
Thanks.

Update. I scaled my hubitat dashboard back to just one button, HSM Status. I now have syncronization one way. When I turn on/ off the alarm on the Page dashboard, the HSM status on the hubitat dashboard changes . When changing the alarm status from the Hubitat dashboard, the Page dashboard does not change status.

I'm sure the Hubitat dashboard configuration is the culprit. See below:

What changes do I need to make so that the Hubitat dashboard can control the Page dashboard?

Many thanks in advance

A problem (or at least an annoyance) -

1. Create a dashboard, create dashboard B, and then create links to jump between them.

2. On dashboard A the default click action for a tile is Prompt, change the click action to Toggle On/Off.

3. Use the link to open dashboard B. Then use the link on dashboard B to go back to dashboard A.

4. The click action on the tile is set back to Prompt.

This occurs even after saving dashboard A after making the change to the click action.

Is there any way to make the click action "stick" ?

1 Like

That's not how it works. Dashboards don't control each other. They control devices. Every dashboard that shows the same device will display it the same as all the others.

Me too.

Thanks for the detailed steps to reproduce! I created 2 dashboards - A and B. First thing I noticed is it's tricky to do if you have the "Auto Backup" setting ON. When you're ready to create dashboard B you need to change the Filename to "B" first before making any changes. Or, disable "Auto Backup" and just manually save the config when you're done with each one.

On dashboard A the default click action for a tile is Prompt, change the click action to Toggle On/Off.

I wasn't even able to get this far because there's no "Click Action" setting for shortcut tiles!

I don't have any 'prompt' dialog for opening up a link but it does make sense to have one since you're possibly leaving the app or changing dashboards.

I'll add this and then continue to test this.. my guess is once that's fixed and you save the dashboard (either manually or using auto-backup) - the change will 'stick'