[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

@jpage4500 the flickering seems to be gone from my screen now, well done. I am noticing a different problem now. When trying to enter the rtsp feed on a video tile something in the dashboard is refreshing and closes the tile before I can finish typing in the info.

@jpage4500 Seems like another issue with the same bug.

@jpage4500 my crashes have ceased so far. The motion sensor activation is still not waking the tablet from screensaver though.

I ordered a refurbished Fire HD 10" for $35 from woot and I'll do some testing when it arrives. It'll be hard to resist rooting it and replacing the OS so I can have it fully sleep and wake though :slight_smile:

I'm not sure how this relates to my Samsung Tab4 but what do I know? :man_shrugging:

Starting to look at this one and I don't see how to change colorMode from RGB to CT. I'm using a Generic ZigBee RGBW Light device type..

I can change the light color and I can also change the CT on the device - but in both cases I'm not able to tell which one the light is using as the colorMode is always RGB.. maybe I'm missing something

colorMode : RGB
colorName : Green
colorTemperature : 2702
hue : 34
level : 100
saturation : 100

Anyway, I'm assuming the colorMode should change to "CT" when I set the color temp..

update: I asked the question here to try and get some help w/this

lol.. thought you had a Fire Tablet

The motion sensor activation is still not waking the tablet from screensaver though.

I verified wake on motion works on my phone but I can't test on my current Fire Tablet because the OS I'm using (Lineage) doesn't support the camera so I can't test.

Yes, I believe that's how it should work. Here's the attribute changing when I change the color temperature or color. You might have more luck using the "Advanced Zigbee RGBW bulb" (press configure after changing, wait for it to do it's thing and end on blue at 20%) driver and your specific color bulb.
image image

cool - that worked! I actually did find that driver and changed to it but I hadn't hit configure.. that was the key.

version 1.0.1779 (beta)

• don't show color circle when light is in CT mode
  • several bug fixes

This is a small update - mostly to get a few bug fixes in and to test out some changes in my automated build script.

done!

2 Likes

I think the motion detector being referred to in this case is an actual external device.
i.e. Wake on device activity.

1 Like

You are correct.

Ok I misunderstood. I have a pretty good idea why this isn't working anymore and will check in a fix shortly

1 Like

version 1.0.1784 (beta)

• fix screensaver not waking up with device activity
  • allow changing auto-home timeout
  • minor Android TV fixes

This version has a few small changes including fixing the screensaver from being woke-up by device activity.

You can also change the timeout used for the 'auto home' feature. Just long-press on the Auto-Home setting to bring up a dialog with some choices.

UPDATE: I found a bug with the auto home times.. forgot to convert seconds to milliseconds.. oops! I'll get it fixed

should be fixed (but not tested so :crossed_fingers:)

fixed!

3 Likes

I confirm, it's fixed!! You impress me so much!! Thank you for all your work and your super app!!

1 Like

just FYI - I'm looking into this one and not sure it really works at least the way I implemented it. I'm able to view 18 tiles on 1 screen with the grid view but displaying as a list (like the battery monitor) I only see 17.. I was thinking the list view would show more

I know you wanted more info on the list view but there's not a lot of extra room once the device name is there.. maybe someone has some other ideas how this could look.. hoping to improve on the normal grid view by enough to make it a good alternative

The list view looks good. Maybe implement a box to click open the color wheel and such, and a way to open the edit.

It is! :grin: :+1:

Even better, the screensaver remains off now when motion sensor activity continues through, and past, the timeout period. Living large!

@jpage4500 Joe I discovered a treasure trove of new images to use in the dashboards. I'm not sure how you would implement it for a device but I was creating notification tiles and discovered I can use all the emoji images that my phone has access to instead of text. Think you can implement that into some sort of image picker or whatnot?

Hi! Love this app so much!

This is an extremely long thread so forgive me if this has already been answered, but what I am trying to do on my Fire 7 is this:

1. In the normal day-to-day, default to a dashboard monitoring different devices. No PIN needed

2. When I have guests, manually switch to a different default dashboard that only has lights and entertainment (Spotify, TV etc.)-- and this would require a PIN to exit out of.

I know there was previously some talk of tabs, which I think would suit my needs better than folders.

I tried creating a Guest folder on the Dash, but I can't seem to make a PIN required for going back to the main Dash. Do I need to do it the other way around with the guest dash being the main one and have a PIN locked monitoring folder? If so, do I need to create the Dashboard I already made over from scratch or can I import it into the folder somehow?

Or is there a way to create multiple users of the Dashboard, so I could create a 'Guest' user?

1. Finally, and I'm not sure if this is even possible or if it would be of use to anyone else, but I have a 'Visitor' mode on my hub-- is it possible to switch to a visitor screen automatically when the hub mode becomes Visitor?