[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Do you have an idea how this could look? I found a couple of examples that have both the weather and date tiles.. both of them can be 'wide' as well. I will say I personally like the non-wide weather tile only because the current temp is larger and easier to read.

@jpage4500

I was running the latest beta version. I uninstalled the beta version went back to the released version and it fired up and is running fine.

I haven't used this app but do know it's used with a lot of the web-based dashboards out there. I see there's a description of the motion detection here. It seems like it keeps the camera on all the time to work -- and also maybe doesn't work with Android 10+ devices?

Anyway, I have a Wink Relay and it turns on when I get close which is pretty cool. I think it has a proximity sensor though to do that (similar to your phone when you put it up to your ear)

ok, thanks for the quick reply! At least that narrows the issue down to one of the most recent updates

The app ID is what my issue was. Once I went to the installed app list page I realized that my app ID was 94 based on what you posted above. I updated it in the app and I'm now able to get in. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I didn't use the camera based motion detection feature to turn the screen on/off. Screen on/off is a feature of their "PLUS" version. It is available to be called in the community device driver as well as through a REST interface (which the driver uses). I ended up using this driver with rule machine and my motion sensors to call screen on/off when motion was active/inactive in the area where the tablet is located. The REST interface screen on/off is mentioned here under "Device Info and Basic Features"

Anyway, not looking to use Fully Kiosk Browser as it's designed to be used with web based dashboards just throwing the idea of adding ability to your app to turn the screen on/off using similar methods (device driver capability and/or REST calls to the device) so it's not on all the time.

Ahh.. i see. That makes sense. The app does receive push updates from the hub so I could let you pick a device have it wake the screen.

The biggest thing I'd need to change is to keep the device 'awake' even when the screen goes off. Right now, when it's off the app doesn't run at all - so it won't receive any push updates. Kiosk Browser must keep the device awake (even with the screen off) in order for it's REST API to work. I wouldn't want to do this for normal phones as it'd eat battery but for this case it'd work

2 Likes

I'm curious - did you first try logging in with just the hub's IP only? I would have expected the app to auto fetch the token and app ID unless something changed. If it didn't work and I can fix it let me know.. my goal was to make it super easy to login for anyone.

I'm glad you mention that because it reminds me of a different, but related, issue. I went to log out and the message was to the effect of "are you sure? you'll have to redo all your settings" which I took to mean I'd have to recreate my folders and put all the tiles back in them so I cancelled. Is that really the case or does the message mean something else?

Yep, logging out clears all of your settings, including any virtual devices (folders, etc). You can backup everything in a single text file (menu -> more settings -> import/export). I use Google Drive to backup so I can restore it on other devices but you can save to your device too I believe (actually, now that I think of it I should make it much easier to save to your local device as you might need a file manager app to do it today)

Yes. I tried with just the Hub IP. Then I typed in the token and it still wouldn't work. The app ID had 2 in the field but I had no idea where that came from and there was nothing I could see (like a big arrow saying look here) to help me identify what the app ID should be.

Yep, I know but when I reload the file won't it set the HE IP address to what it was before? That's the reason I need to logout. I want to move HE to a different subnet, hence a new address.

Let me guess...edit the file on another system to change the address?

I don't see the HE address in the config so I guess I just login using the new address and restore the saved config?

Something odd -- http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/lite/N0R/MLB_loop.gif worked -- doesn't show in dashboard -- it works in Hub Dash, though.

correct, i don't save IP address or access token in the config file.. just app settings and devices

1 Like

hmm.. so the app somehow parsed out "2" for the MakerAPI app ID and then tried to fetch the access token which didn't exist. I'd love to figure out why it picked out "2".. if you're willing to can you open that app list screen and right-click -> view page source -> select all and copy & paste it into a DM? There shouldn't be any sensitive info on that page (but please look just to be sure)
http://192.168.0.202/installedapp/list

On a related note - I had to re-install the Hubitat Android app and noticed it has an option to discover the hub on a local network.. does anyone know how that works? I could do the same thing if I knew what it was looking for.. that would be even better!

It's not very straight forward to save the config file to the device itself. I usually just email it to myself, but it would be easier if it could be saved directly to the download folder.

In order to save space, I'd like for both time and temperature to be on single non-wide tile. Just showing the temp under the time would work for me.

BTW, I'd love to show live video on my dashboard. I've got a Blink camera, but could buy a different kind of camera if it makes things easier. How do you do this?

Suggestions:

1. I have some devices that are exposed via the maker API for automations, but I don't want to see them in the dashboard. Can you add a way to prevent a device from showing up?
  2. Is it possible to allow devices to be added directly to a native home screen as widgets?

If you go into Edit mode and click on the device you don't want to see, another window will pop up . Click on Hide Tile.

1 Like