[RELEASE] H801 & Other ESP8266 Based RGBW Controllers (SmartLife)

I'm not getting a child device created.

Also, this error in the log;

dev:12019-03-26 12:35:37.647 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_erocm123_SmartLife_RGBW_Controller_224.setProgram() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: setProgram(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), setProperty(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object), setProperty(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object), setProperty(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object) (setProgram)

I believe you need to install the virtual container device driver too.

OK, got it working. The child devices actually don't need virtual container driver.
I found the imports pretty flakey and I had to rename the child devices to correct the formatting.

Some things you need to know:

1. The child device ONLY activates the program. It does NOT turn the H801 on/off
  2. The Parent device is the ONLY way to turn off your programs

This means that 'stop' in the child device just stops the Red/Blue flashing (Police Lights) but leaves it on Red or Blue!

Edited - In the other thread I see it is how it is expected to work.

You can choose what you want the program to do when it is stopped:

Just make sure you have the latest firmware.

I saw that but 'Power Off' does not work for me!
It leaves it on Red or Blue...

Firmware is the latest - I think
{"version":"2.1.5", "date":"Feb 8 2019 16:13:39", "mac":"5ccf7f228bfb"}

Edit/ Not working from Alexa or the App.

Alright, I see what happened. It should work now with the latest firmware that I just uploaded.

I just updated the firmware but I have the same issue.

{"version":"2.1.5", "date":"Mar 27 2019 10:45:12", "mac":"5ccf7f228bfb"}

Do I need to do anything at the Hubitat end?

Can you post your program state variables?

Is there a specific program number that I should look at?

Edit: all of them say repeat=-1 which means they will go on forever.

Program 1, Police Lights

I want it to run forever - until I stop it. Then I want it to be off - not stopped on a random red or blue...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how it's supposed to work?

You are. "When program is finished" is what happens when the program finishes. If it runs forever it never finishes. If you "stop" the program it does exactly that. It stops the program in the state that it is in, whatever the color might be.

So there is a simple solution to your problem. You don't "stop" the program you turn "off" the controller.

OK Thanks.

New to Hubitat here.
But will this work with the outlets as well, or just bulbs. I have a few of them but that I need to replace with Zigbee, but wondering if this would work in the meantime.
Thanks

Evening, morning, good day - wherever you might be...

I've just flashed a H801 and have associated the device to my wifi network. I can also access the configuration menu via the IP address my router has assigned to the device. I've also been able to discover the device in the Smartlife Connect app in HE. The issue is that the device is not responding to any controls - either via the IP menu or HE in the device screen.

After reading through a few comments on both Hubitat and Smartthings, it sounds as if the RED and GREEN LEDs should be on when all working - whereas mine are not.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? I have flashed the firmware and reset a few times to see if I can kick it out of this "mode". Any advice would be appreciated. This would be the last item I am migration from Smartthings so keen to close that book :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Update: Interestingly, when I control the device from the IP address, the HE device attributes are updated however they seem to jump around rather than stay on the setting sent from the IP address controller.

Hi,
Sorry for this late and admittedly stupid question but does any one have a guide on how to flash the FW onto the controller? Is this OTA or does it involve soldering? Would really appreciate some help - thank you! :slight_smile:

I believe the below instructions are pretty good. I don't ever solder the wires for the H801. I just hold them in place while the flashing occurs.

2 Likes

Thank you, Eric! and thank you so much for all the code you've shared. Don't think I - a non engineer - would even have this hobby if it weren't for you!

1 Like

Hi Eric,
Sorry for bothering you again but wanted to run this past you. Turns out my chip isn't an H801 - here's the blueprint. Would this version work on it? Thank you!

It should work. You just need to set the pin numbers in the advanced settings after you flash it (through the web interface).

1 Like