[Release] Google Home Assistant Relay Driver (v1 and v2)- text to speech on Google Home devices

It has been removed and I will not be reposting it.

ok looks like is done. I will try running hte assistant-relay again and see

look like now something is screwed:

@Ryan780 ah I understand. Should we rely on the nodejs version then?

There are other docker version floating around out there on DockerHub. You can use whatever version you want.

Not sure what to tell you at this point...

hey @ogiewon I decided to format my raspberry and start from scratch everything. Now I am at page 15 from your document but I can´t find the folder ‘/home/pi/assistant-relay/server/configurations/secrets’. It only shows client or relay. Am I missing something?

Are you trying to install V3 of GAR? That isn't installed the same way as V2. you have to download the release.zip file and unzip it. Instructions on are the GitHub page. @ogiewon's instructions are not applicable for v3 for the pi side of the install/config.

Or, you can download the V2 version via github with the correct link.

I was trying the V2 as it was working well before the memory issue I got that I had restart everything from scratch. Let me take a look then. Do you know if there is additional functionality in V3 compared to V2 ?

The only additional functionality comes in the setup and a dashboard for managing it on the server. The commands are exactly the same as the assistant SDK has not been updated in years.

I have seen the github and instructions are very basic and I am not really familiar on Linux. Is there a .doc document same as the one for V2 ?

I don't know of one.

hey @ogiewon, do you have a document for v3 similar to the .doc you shared for v2? that was really helpful on getting everything working. Now I am struggling to make it with the v3

hey @ryan780, instead of the first step from the GitHub that asks to install npm from nodejs.org/en/ can I use the way you shared sometime before? GitHub - audstanley/NodeJs-Raspberry-Pi: Install NodeJs on your Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3, 4, zero, and zero w If yes then which version is the right one to install ?

I do not have a v3 document.

then could you help me on where to put those files I downloaded from github.

Any specific folder? because I just paste them directly in /home/pi but after running the npm i instruction in the terminal I get below screen shot error

Those are most likely the v3 files now.

If you want the old v2 files, I forked Greg’s repo before he committed v3.

V2 files should be available here

You’re also going to need Node v8 which is not super simple to install on Raspian Buster.

Here are some instructions I came up with earlier in this thread.

I don’t use Assistant-Relay any longer, and thus I am not really maintaining installation instructions or this integration. My understanding is that my v2 Driver will still work with v3 Assistant Relay.

yeap I was trying the V3 installation but if the V2 still can work I would stick to this one as it was working well for me.
I have looked into the V2 files but I do not get the ‘/home/pi/assistant-relay/server/configurations/secrets’ So they have a different structure? I am in the step to copy-paste the file .json as per my below screenshot but I cant find the "server" folder

Yes, you can use that to install NodeJS. For v3 you can use node v10. You do not have to install any files.

You don't do that for the file in V3. Follow the instructions. Once you unzip the release file, go into that folder and run npm run setup. Then when that is done, run npm run start. Everything else is done in the dashboard. You don't manually move the json file anywhere. You just have to have it on your desktop.