[RELEASE] Google Calendar, Task, and Gmail Search and Gmail Notification Device

Sorry for multiple updates today, getting good feedback on this app.

@mikee385 this has been fixed in latest version posted to GitHub. Ended up removing the offset preferences from the driver and just keeping them in the parent search trigger app.

@gertjan.deprez believe I have a solution for you now... I added the ability to do an equal search. So if you are specifically looking for the M1 shift, your search string will be "=M1" and M1v and M1w will not be found.

Another feature of this version is CaSe insensitivity. @gertjan.deprez you had also asked that earlier and in my testing found that it was matching based on the case of the search string. I added an option to disable case sensitive matching.

All files in GitHub were touched again.

2 Likes

pls... don't... you make it sound 'dirty' :stuck_out_tongue: :joy:

I don't mind... update = improvement
This was a good app to start with and now it's 'epic'... and dirty :stuck_out_tongue:

so a "=M1" in search string should fix it for me... great, and easy

2 Likes

@ritchierich I'm sure this has already been requested, but have you considered adding this AWESOME app to the hubitat package manager?

5 Likes

you mean EPIC :smiley:

2 Likes

I acknowledge my understated enthusiasm :grin:

2 Likes

Hubitat package manager would be nice.
More would find this app (I think).

Maybe you can add some extra tekst about the offset so ppl would know how it works... (In second posting).
If you have a offset, what does it doe with your 'time to run'...
if the event starts at "T" (5am) and has a runtime of 5hours and I have a offset of -60 hours does it means it will run 4am - 9 am ((T-60) + (T+5h)) or more like 4am - 10am ((T-60)+(5h-offset))...
hope you understand my excellent screw up of a explanation

Or... it's me and i don't understand how 'standards' are (would also be a good point)

great now it is dirty and ppl are enthusiastic about it :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I’ve never set it up but will explore.

Edit: Have used the app, but never setup the manifest bits.

1 Like

Thanks!

Quick question. Our refuse pickup day changes periodically due to holidays, I have a reminder rule that nags my teenage son that it's time to collect it and get it to the curb.

Our provider has a public google calendar that lists the pickup day as an "all day event", but I'm unclear if I'll be able to use your app to schedule an event in based on something that is happening the next day? If I use a periodic poll at 12:00 AM will it be able to find the event prior to the actual pickup day and then allow me to use the "offset" feature to tailor it to my needs?

In its current version, the GCal Search app is hard coded (lines 325-326) to query the calendar starting with the current time and the end of that day. Unfortunately even with the offset the next day event wouldn't be picked up. Interesting use case nonetheless that I will need to think about on how best to accommodate without making things confusing,

1 Like

I can think of other scenarios that would make this useful too, for instance:

Setting up a kids bedtime reminder rule that could be restricted or modified automatically on "No school days". Something like this would need to be able to see 'No School Days" in advance of the event.

Perhaps a toggle in the settings for that search to allow for pulling events from the next day with a default of off.

@halfrican.ak I went through the documentation for HPM and hopefully have things right. Just wanting on dman2306 to approve my pull request to get my repository added.

Was thinking the same thing, though as soon as I do someone will want to search Monday from Friday for reminders too :rofl: Definitely a good use case though.

2 Likes

Ya my 10 year old likes to point out how her bedtime rule is "stupid" because it doesn't know tomorrow is a "no school" day, so this would make sure it doesn't run and gain her respect!

1 Like

I just stumbled upon this app and was going to suggest adding it to HPM. Makes it so much easier for us to keep things up to date that only have time to mess with things every few weekends.

2 Likes

Totally understand the value of HPM, I haven't gone through the exercise of adding a repository to HPM yet and went through the motions last night. Just waiting on @dman2306 to approve my pull request to get my repository added.

@halfrican.ak I have a working solution to allow preference on end time, just need to work on instructional text and post it to GitHub

1 Like

Thanks!

I'd be happy to "beta" test this new feature before you release it to the main github?

@halfrican.ak v2.0 is out there now. Should work well for you and make your bedtime rule "smart"! :rofl:

Unfortunately no update on getting this integrated with HPM yet. Will post back here once done.

3 Likes

What is the impact of changing this setting? I don’t think I really need to have events from the next day, since I’m refreshing every 15 minutes, but I was curious if it would slow things down or increase the state size or whatever it might do :slightly_smiling_face:

No impact. Given your frequency it’s probably not needed. Added it based on @halfrican.ak’s need to announce an event the prior day.

@halfrican.ak @waterboysh @gertjan.deprez this app is now included in Hubitat Package Manager. Thank you @dman2306 for approving my pull request on the repo file and for your efforts on that amazing app!

6 Likes

The new feature appears to be working exactly as I'd hoped, thanks!

1 Like