[Release] Generic Zigbee Drivers with Presence and Recovery

I have one of those in a drawer here, I did have plans to see what I could do with it, just never got around to it. I think I've seen that there might be a platform limitation which might prevent a driver from working, but I've not really looked at it. Maybe it's time, I'll see if I can find some free time somewhere. :wink:

3 Likes

I was just going to post for that too. Its detected but for Type it just says DEVICE.
Tried a few obvious ones but none worked.
Just got a hubitat hub but have 10 of these in use and it would be a show stopper for me.
I naively assumed that if it worked in ST that Hubitat would have it.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 22
  • softwareBuild: 2.2.008
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0003,0009,0020,1000,FC7C
  • outClusters: 0003,0004,0006,0008,0019,0102,1000
  • model: TRADFRI on/off switch
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden|
1 Like

Did you have any luck with the ikea on off switch ?

Not gotten around to it, I did place it here on my desk so I see it every day, just didn't look at it. Just got some new toys from Aqara so the pile of devices is growing :wink: What I first wanted to do is to see how it is used on the IKEA Gateway, but it seems impossible to sniff that one, any and all other ZB gateways I've done that to is no problem what so ever, that one... Whisper pair is annoying when you want the key is all I have to say. Have you got links to any open source drivers where this is implemented in another platform? I haven't searched around, maybe there's something, language doesn't matter, just something. I do suspect it is pure ZLL and only sends direct to devices and not to a controller, that would make this very hard, if not impossible without support from Hubitat. Once I know more we will know where to go.

2 Likes

I will check.
I know in the start I had a cloud DH but in July last year a builtin one appeared in ST.

If you can get it there great or I can try to see if it can be found somewhere.

Not sure if the ST builtin drivers are on Github or something.

By the way it works 100% to the ST hub and not directly to a bulb. I have them doing several different functions to differnt bulbs and collections of bulbs and sockets.

I've seen that comment frequently, but I'm not sure that it is correct (at least according to Ikea's specs). The plug has a rated output of 14 dBm (see page 6). It probably uses the same chip as the repeater.

1 Like

Hi @markus

Could this be helpful?
SmartThingsPublic/devicetypes/smartthings/ikea-button.src/ikea-button.groovy at master · SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic · GitHub

Yes, and now I see why it wouldn't work, it is as I vaguely remembered, it requires group binding, something not supported by Hubitat. This is a feature used to bind actions from one device to events on another without involving the controller. To do this on HE it would require them to add support for this on the platform side first. I looked at some devices in the past that required this, it could not be done then, so unless there has been a platform change that allows this that I don't know of, that would still be the case. :frowning:

1 Like

Doesn't certain models of Hubitat use the same Nortek stick as Home Assistant's ZHA? ZHA supports the weird IKEA remotes, so it isn't a hardware issue.

I see.. Thank you @markus for taking the time, even though the answer wasn't what i was looking for..

@markus Digging out some Xiaomi zigbee sockets that I previously abandoned (as there were issues). I paired it up with your Generic Zigbee socket....

COPY AND PASTE THIS ROW TO THE DEVELOPER: fingerprint model:"lumi.plug", manufacturer:"LUMI", profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0004,0003,0006,0010,0005,000A,0001,0002", outClusters:"0019,000A", application:"16"

1 Like

I have the Xiaomi/Aqara Plug/Outlet driver for that one :slight_smile: I've run a plug with that driver for months now, never dropped, no issues.

1 Like

I recently received a Zigbee controller for my RGB CCT/RGBW LED Strip, but the Hubitat RGBW driver doesn’t work properly with it. The Cool White light stays on and the Warm White light never turns on. The driver only seems to allow control of the RGB lights. (And those it does control properly...)

LED Strips Controller RGB CCT/RGBW Zigbee Controller ww/cw and Dimmer Controller Smart Strip Light Controller Work with Amazon Echo Plus for DC12-24V LED Strip Lights (2ID RGB CCT Controller)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TVK3LBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_sP5vFb9E34A8Y

@markus, I downloaded the Generic Device Toolbox driver for Zigbee to get its fingerprint to see if a driver could be customized for it. This is the result. Do you think it will be possible for a customer driver to be developed for it? Thanks!

COPY AND PASTE THIS ROW TO THE DEVELOPER: fingerprint model:"GL-C-007", manufacturer:"GLEDOPTO", profileId:"C05E", endpointId:"0B", inClusters:"0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0300", outClusters:"", application:"01"

And... In case you need this too:
Simple Descriptor Information Received - description:catchall: 0000 8004 00 00 0040 00 2B63 00 00 0000 00 00 8B00632B160B5EC010020207000003000400050006000800000300 | parseMap:[raw:catchall: 0000 8004 00 00 0040 00 2B63 00 00 0000 00 00 8B00632B160B5EC010020207000003000400050006000800000300, profileId:0000, clusterId:8004, clusterInt:32772, sourceEndpoint:00, destinationEndpoint:00, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:2B63, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:00, direction:00, data:[8B, 00, 63, 2B, 16, 0B, 5E, C0, 10, 02, 02, 07, 00, 00, 03, 00, 04, 00, 05, 00, 06, 00, 08, 00, 00, 03, 00]]

@markus

On the weekend, one of my sensors fell off the zigbee network. I pressed "force recovery mode" with 5 in the box. It didnt return, so I pressed the pairing button on the device, and it re-paired.

But now, for some reason, the device thinks that it needs to checkin every 5 minutes.

There are dozens of these: (just for this one device).

You need to put in zero then press force recovery mode.

2 Likes

Thanks, I just did that, on your advice.

are you certain the strip is both cool white & warm white? I've seen adverts like that where it's referred to one or the other. How many wires on the end of the strip? Usually there are 5 for a RGB/WW, so if you in fact have a strip that is both I'd expect 6 wires/connectors on the end of the strip, unless its the programmable LEDs with individually adressable LEDs
Usually it's 1 wire for each color(3), 1 wire for ground and 1 wire for the white, so thats 5 and to do both you'd need 6 wires, I think

Yes, it should not be a problem, however, it seems to be different to my rgb+ww+cw gledopto strip controller. There's at least two different models and they don't mark it clearly when being sold so I've not found more than one type here yet.

This should auto restore to default settings, I'll have a look at this.

You are correct! 6 wires/connectors:

Thanks! This one is branded RGB+CCT (see picture above). On Amazon it was described as the 2ID RGB Controller that can control both the RGB and WW+CW at the same time (vs the 1ID that can control one or the other).

From Amazon.ca:
LED Strips Controller RGB CCT/RGBW Zigbee Controller ww/cw and Dimmer Controller Smart Strip Light Controller Work with Amazon Echo Plus for DC12-24V LED Strip Lights (2ID RGB CCT Controller)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TVK3LBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_GdvyFbM8E5RV7

1 Like