[RELEASE] GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Motion Dimmer Driver

It's a lot harder to provide the same reporting option on the component driver, though. I'll have to think on that a bit. I can do it, it just takes some caching of the child object.

1 Like

I never use the Dashboard, so I wouldn’t notice missed status updates unless it causes Z-Wave errors, and I’m not seeing any of those in @tony.fleisher’s Mesh Details app. Only issue with the 26931/26933 is that I run the devices in Manual mode, and do all motion control through Motion Lighting automations, so it’s about 1/3 to 1/2 second delay for turn on. There’s nothing your drivers can do about that.

Besides, when you get into your seventies, as I am, it takes your brain that long to realize that there is a delay.

It wouldn’t be that big a deal to switch to the non-component version; but the component drivers are so elegant in how they decouple the motion sensor from the switch/dimmer.

No worries, I'll get it updated. I forgot the motion component child has no commands, so it is easier to do than I thought.

1 Like

Oops. This change broke digital vs physical "type" field on events.

EDIT 1: I'll roll back 2.5.0 and re-post once I've tested more.

EDIT 2:
2.5.1 (02/17/2021) - Removed erroneous duplicate event recording. Added new preference "Wait for device report before updating status." - defaults to off (the pre-2.5.0 behavior)

What's the advantage of using the component driver over the other? I use webCoRE for automation and I don't see any real benefit to having two separate devices as opposed to just using the motion attribute of the dimmer.

None functionally. Just a different way to show the capability.

It makes more sense to some having the sensors as separate devices.

2 Likes

That's what I figured. Thanks!

It also makes it easy to swap out a separate switch/dimmer and motion sensor with the 26931/26933.

And the resulting automations/rules look more intuitive (to me).

• 2.5.2 (02/17/2021) - Added blank selection option to commands to reduce confusion

Minor update, no need to update unless you want the feature mentioned - no other changes. Made the change to stay in sync with my other drivers.

• 2.5.3 (02/17/2021) - Granular debug logging options.

What response times are people seeing with this device when using them in manual mode with the motion sensor activating the load? Mine are all over the place. Sometimes they'll respond instantly and sometimes they take 2-3 seconds to respond. All are mounted right by the doorway and not blocked by any obstructions. I've looked at my Z-Wave mesh and don't see anything that would cause Z-Wave devices to respond in this manner.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.