[RELEASE] GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Driver

Sorry Jason, I just realized I talked to you about this on a different post. Didn’t realize this was your post at first. Sorry. I think I’ll be the one to test it!

1 Like

My GUESS is yes.

The GE devices in the same generation are pretty interchangeable from a driver standpoint.

I have installed a GE/Jasco 14299 using this driver. I can confirm that it is working great. Thank you!

1 Like

I have these drivers working great for my plus model dimmers and switches, but am struggling with the fan driver. Has anyone had sucess in using the associations with the plus model of the fan with the Botched1 driver, or any other driver?

I have lots of the GE fans, using the in-box driver (my custom fan driver never worked 100%). I can't say I've ever tried doing an association to them, though.

Having an issue choosing this driver for my two dimmers

Using package manager I first installed the wrong driver (enbrighten). Tried before I realized and with bad results I see I need this 14 series.

So my problem... with Package manager I uninstalled the enbrighten version. And added this one

My driver tab shows this non-enbrighten driver. (And non dimmer also. I did both). Cool

But when I go to switches and hit the Device drop down... it still shows me only the enbrighten driver (which I deleted). And not thr 14xxx driver which my driver tab says I have.

Is there some caching or something I need to refresh?

Thank you in advance!

Check under Drivers Code in the hamburger menu drop-down in the upper left corner. If you see the old driver there, delete it. That’s where the Type comes from on the device page drop down in the User section at the bottom of the list.

You might first want to check in Hubitat Package Manager to see if the driver is listed in View Apps and Drivers, to confirm that HPM believes it has deleted the device for management.

New User error doh

Didnt realize that user added drivers are at the bottom of the list. Ugh.

1 Like

That seems to indicate you don’t have the code installed. Check under Drivers Code in upper left corner hamburger menu, see if the user driver code is installed.

Hi! Does anyone run into problems with Hubitat not receiving status updates for the switches controlled via the associated group? For example, I have switch A have switch B in group 2. Both are off. When I physically turn on switch A switch B comes on too, as expected, yet in Hubitat switch B shows as off. I enabled logging on both switch A and B and only see an event being sent from switch A to the hub - nothing from switch B. Is this an expected behavior with association groups or is it something specific to my version of GE switches? I have Z-Wave Plus

• deviceType: 18756
  • deviceId: 12344

Any solution to this that doesn’t involve polling?

No solution to this.

Most devices (GE or other) do not send a status update back to the hub when controlled via associations. SOME devices do, but most devices I've tested do not.

That is one of a few reasons I don't use associations, in favor of just doing the on/off in hub based rules.

This only links to a motion dimmer at github.

OK, that link works.

Just wanted to chime in and say this driver is working with my GE Z-Wave Plus dimmers that are model 12344. The driver description says it shouldn't work, but it does. It's detecting double tap events properly.

Similarly, the GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Switch Driver is working perfectly with my 12342 model GE Z-Wave Plus switches.

Thanks for the drivers!

First off, many thanks for this driver (and others) and the ongoing support. I have a few dozen GE/Jasco z-wave plus dimmers in my home (varying models) this driver generally seems to work the best for them. One issue that I am seeing is that from the device configuration page, I cannot send a double-tap event successfully to the device. It works fine at the physical switch, but I see the following error in the log when using the device page:

dev:1012021-11-26 10:56:02.019 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_Botched1_GE_Z_Wave_Plus_Dimmer_418.doubleTap() is applicable for argument types: (java.math.BigDecimal) values: [1] (method doubleTap)

While not really a blocking issue, it does cause me some confusion at times and I chase my tail wondering why it's not working until my old brain remembers what's going on! Curious if anyone else sees this or if I've got something wrong somewhere in my configuration.

• 2.7.0 (09/09/2022) - Added push and doubletap commands to ensure driver doesn't throw an error if the commands are triggered. Required from change in Hubitat 2.2.6 update.

Also updated in HPM

2 Likes
  • 2.8.0 (09/10/2022) - Fixed issues with digital on/off reporting (no functional change), removed PushableButton capability, made digital doubletap commands create events.
2 Likes

@JasonJoel

Does that explain why these devices no longer show up in the button controller or Basic Rules? I think that takes quite a bit away from your driver. I know I can use Association Group 3 for some of this functionality, but it was really handy to do all buttons of different kinds the same way through the built-in button controller app rather than through each device.

LJ

1 Like

Don't know, as I don't use button controller, but maybe. I hadn't thought about that / that wasn't a conscious removal.

You can put back in the pushable button capability line (remove comment on/around line 37) , and see if that resolved it for you. if so I'll put it back in the main code.

EDIT: Never mind, I just tested it. I think that was the issue, I'll put that back in and rev up the drivers. Sorry about that.

2 Likes
  • 2.8.1 (09/12/2022) - Re-added PushableButton capability, as it broke things I didn't consder
5 Likes