[RELEASE] GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Driver

Assoc group 3 (double tap up/down) makes an event on the master device. You would them use the double tap (if on a non-enbrighten deivce) or the button press event (if on an enbrighten device) as the RM rule trigger.

True, that it does. Can use the button event as a trigger. Thanks. Will probably do that. I wonder if I can dynamically get the list of associated devices and only refresh those.

Only if you write your own app. Couldn't do it dynamically in RM.

Can we add flash to this? I’m willing to work on writing it; just wondered if there’s a reason it’s not here?

It's not there because I don't use flash, thus never spent time to add it.

• 2.6.0 (11/28/2020) - Modified on/off events to create a new event even when already on/off

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botched1/Hubitat/master/Drivers/GE-Jasco%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Dimmer/GE-Jasco%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Dimmer.groovy

3 Likes

Adding this to the switch driver too?

Since applying this updated driver to a dimmer, the dimmer will no longer "easily" turn off. When I physically tap it for off or an automation sets it to off, it starts dimming to off, then shoots back to full brightness. Repeatedly hitting the OFF button in the device page eventually does the trick...

Not sure what to say there. I only have 2 of these devices left, but both of mine turn on/off physically or digitally just fine with this version of the driver.

Turn on debug logging and see what it says. Could also try to disable any automations the devices are in and see if it goes away - if so, not a driver problem.

I'll give this a shot and report back. I didn't have time to mess with it yesterday, so I just reverted back to the default hubitat driver and it started working as expected again.

Was using this driver for double tap on to toggle on and off some wifi bulbs but it stopped working. Something change with the double tap feature recently?

Hmm.. not on purpose. I'll check when I get home, but I know I was seeing double tap events when I released the update last week.

I updated earlier today and had similar strange behavior: digital and physical off and level changes had seemingly erratic results. The dimmers having issues all had some sort of rules associated with them, I believe. It got so out of sorts and I couldn't get lights to turn off (and stay off) with their physical buttons, that I rebooted my hub multiple times before realizing it was the driver update.

For example, I have my kitchen lights set to a brightness based on my hubs mode, and it only does this with a physical on, not digital (so I can set specific levels if I want without it auto adjusting). With the updated driver, my wife pointed out (in a less than excited way :joy:) that if she tried to manually change the dimmer, it went right back to the default brightness for the mode. In the logs it looked like a physical on command was being sent every time she tried to adjust the dimmer brighter. I think it was also being sent when she tapped the dimmer down, which would explain why lights keep turning back on when I have "turn on" rules attached.

I didn't have much time today, so I just rolled back to the old driver version. After that (and a reboot), all is good again.

I'm still on 2.2.3, so when I have a bit of time to upgrade to 2.2.4 (just to be up to date) I'll try the updated driver again and collect some log info!

Thank you for this driver! Do you think it will work with the 14299 (no neutral)?

Sorry Jason, I just realized I talked to you about this on a different post. Didn’t realize this was your post at first. Sorry. I think I’ll be the one to test it!

1 Like

My GUESS is yes.

The GE devices in the same generation are pretty interchangeable from a driver standpoint.

I have installed a GE/Jasco 14299 using this driver. I can confirm that it is working great. Thank you!

1 Like

I have these drivers working great for my plus model dimmers and switches, but am struggling with the fan driver. Has anyone had sucess in using the associations with the plus model of the fan with the Botched1 driver, or any other driver?

I have lots of the GE fans, using the in-box driver (my custom fan driver never worked 100%). I can't say I've ever tried doing an association to them, though.

Having an issue choosing this driver for my two dimmers

Using package manager I first installed the wrong driver (enbrighten). Tried before I realized and with bad results I see I need this 14 series.

So my problem... with Package manager I uninstalled the enbrighten version. And added this one

My driver tab shows this non-enbrighten driver. (And non dimmer also. I did both). Cool

But when I go to switches and hit the Device drop down... it still shows me only the enbrighten driver (which I deleted). And not thr 14xxx driver which my driver tab says I have.

Is there some caching or something I need to refresh?

Thank you in advance!