[RELEASE] GE 4xxxx / ZW4008 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Switch Driver

Do the 26931/26933 Smart Motion Switch/Dimmer have this same quirk?

Nope. Just the new central scene based dimmers/switches (the newest ones w/S2 security support).

1 Like

Bug or bonus they are now working as fast as my Inovelli's thanks for this. My basement lights come on instantly now when I turn on the stairs.

3 Likes

Thank @velvetfoot . :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow! - sweet.

Resolves the issue I had in my other thread! Thanks!!

How do we make the buttons useable?
Do we need to create a separate button device?

No need to make new devices.

You would use button events from the device in RM, button controller, (or any other app} that supports button presses.

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance regarding drivers, but is this possible?:

In one of the device pages for a Zooz switch, I have the option to either use the paddle normally, reverse it, or set so pressing either side toggles the current state on or off.

Is that possible to add to this driver, or is it dependent on the device's firmware?

You can invert the toggle (swap up/down), but there is no mode to make either side toggle like there is on Zooz devices.

1 Like

@JasonJoel , do you think you might be able to have a look if you may be able to create drivers for the Zigbee 43080 (dimmer) and 43076 (switch) too? It will be super great to be able to turn off LED, and get double tap capability!

Sorry, I don't typically write zigbee drivers.

I've made a few, but non-standard things like LED control or double tap are often done in what are called manufacturer specific clusters on zigbee devices. It is too much of a pain trying to sniff it out, figure out the payload, and add it to a driver (semi-trial and error).

That's why I stick to z-wave, all capabilities are well defined, and predictable. No manufacturer clusters.

3 Likes

How hard would it be to add the flash feature for this switch? Like the generic z-wave switch.

It would be easy, but I'm not going to do that. I think software flashing function is a bad thing. But certainly feel free to add it to your personal copy of the driver.

2 Likes

@JasonJoel I just wanted to extend a huge thanks for this driver. The "enable alternate exclusion" setting made it so that my light now responds instantly instead of taking literally 3s. That was driving me nuts. I know there's a lot more that went into this code (and I take advantage of the multitaps, too!) but that one bit is really, really appreciated.

1 Like

No worries! To be fair, I'm not the one that discovered it though.

But it does make a huge difference! Highly recommend people use it!

I would have made that the driver default, but I really don't like to change device defaults, especially pairing steps. I think that is better for an end user to decide to do, or not.

2 Likes

I keep getting a lot of debug entries in the log. The bottom line is it works, but I was wondering what the debug chatter is about? The switch is a 46202 toggle.

Turn debug off in the device settings and only have errors reported?

** Face Palm **. I thought that is what it was doing. My other devices switched off debug after install and seem to only turn it back on again if there is a problem. I didn't realize I needed to do this manually for this device. This might be a very easy fix :rofl:

3 Likes

Can I assume that this driver works with the UltraPro switches as well. Such as the 39348?

Like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/UltraPro-QuickFit-SimpleWire-Assistant-39348/dp/B07B3LY1SJ?ref_=ast_sto_dp