[RELEASE] Fully Kiosk Browser Controller

My apologies to both of you. When I first ported FKBC to ST I had every intention of keeping it in sync with the HE version. That did not occur and I am now 100% on HE.

The ST documentation was updated removing any reference to this forum other than refering to it as the original developer.

1 Like

No worries. I'm adding a setBooleanSetting and setStringSetting to the driver. It actually may be worth adding so you can configure any of the commands. Just testing it now but work is about to get in the way so may take me some time to update.

2 Likes

I'll port it to ST if it converts without a fight.

tag @evbenev

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate it.

Your welcome and hopefully will be a Beta tester.

1 Like

I have updated the code.

Porting, you only need the two commands and the two associated methods.

However, the two commands have some HE specific stuff so you might just have to set them as

command "setBooleanSetting",["string","string"]
command "setStringSetting",["string","string"]

Shouldn't be too hard.

1 Like

Just came across this when searching for a solution to my issue. So I can turn the screen on (which has camera feeds) if someone triggers a motion sensor for example?

Correct,

I think FKB also has that feature built in using the camera if your device has one. Something to keep in mind if the sensor option isn’t working out for you.

Thanks guys, I should have been clearer, I have external camera feeds which I want to automatically come up on screen if motion is detected on external sensors located near the cameras.

The proximity sensing using the android device camera works great tho. I wanted to screen to turn on if there is outdoor motion. @gavincampbell from your OP I gathered that your driver does this!

Yup. Setup something in rule machine to turn in the screen when motion is triggered and turn it off afterward. Should be pretty easy.

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks Gavin!

I actually do something similar for our entry camera. If someone presses the doorbell and we are home then it loads the live camera feed on the FKB tablet for 3mins OR if we are not home then an image is snapped and sent to our phones using pushover.

2 Likes

That's exactly what I'm trying to do! I would prefer to use a doorbell like the eufy one but none them AFAIK are able to do this on echo or google homes, forcing you to ask the assistant to show the image.

Are you using @gavincampbells driver for this? How do you send a still image when triggered?

I am just using a Xiaomi button for my doorbell it works a treat. This is my Node Red + HE flow for the doorbell.

EDIT: you don't need to use Node Red to load a jpg URL though when doorbell is pressed. I use this because the HE Google integration didn't work that well for me and it's still beta.

Yes, @gavincampbell actually had to make a change to his driver to encode the URL for me. You actually don't need to send it a picture you just have FKB load the jpg URL from the camera which is a snapshot.

How do you shoot it to your phone via pushover?

I do that within Node-Red mate. I love Node-Red and it's taken load off my HE too for some things that just don't need to run there. Anyways I don't want to high-jack this thread to start talking about Node-Red so if you want more information just PM me.

1 Like

Thanks I'll have a go first and if stuck will PM.

1 Like

Does anyone else have a several seconds delay between issuing a command and having it take place on the tablet? Mine seems to take about 30 seconds between each command. Is that normal?

What commands are you issuing that are delayed? Are all commands delayed? Is there a strong Wifi connection to the device?

I use FKBC mainly for TTS to two Amazon Kindle Fires and an old Android phone used mainly for Dashboard displays. Mostly speech is almost instantaneous, however there are occasional unexplained slow downs, and occasionally no speech.

The Android phone is quite stable, but when a Kindle Fire gets flakey, a reboot usually cures the issue, but not always. Occasionally, and without any way to prove it, I feel there is something going on with the hub or perhaps the wifi connection.

1 Like