[RELEASE] Fully Kiosk Browser Controller

Maybe find the APK that was introduced in, and install that and don’t upgrade? I read this on the ST forum somewhere.

@gavincampbell

Has anyone gotten this to display a public video feed like that from a Nest Camera to display using this driver. I would like to have the public stream display on my Fire HD-8 when it detects motion and then after a timeout go back to the Start URL.

LJ

Easiest way may be using something like Tasker to click on the nest notification and the close it after a time. However it depends on weather or not the feed opens directly from the notification. I tried something similar a while back with Ring and they kept breaking it with their app updates. However the new rapid ring app might work nicely now.

FKB might not be able to do it as you would first need to get the notification into hubitat and then send a command to launch the nest camera app which may not load the feed atomically once launched.

Have you ever done anything with BPTWorld's Fully Kiosk Director? It uses your driver. It claims to be able to do this.

LJ

I don't use it. But there are still limitations that you need to take into account.

You can use the driver to launch an app, but more than likely you won't be able to launch the app directly into the video feed unless there is a shortcut that you know of.

That is why I mentioned Tasker. Because on android when you click on the notification it can probably launch the app directly into the video feed, wait 60s and then bring FKB back to the front.

However, there may be others in the director thread that have done this if its possible. I follow it but don't watch it too much as I don't use it for my needs.

Hi @gavincampbell I have been using your app for a little while now and I thought it would be good to add an RM for image snapshot from my IP camera when my doorbell is pressed so fully kiosk browser loads it up for me when that occurs. However my issue is when I use the load URL string "http://192.168.20.18/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=4&rs=wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C&user=guest&password=MYPASSWORD" it appears to be cutting off the final user=guest&password=MYPASSWORD component so I recieve the error "[ { "cmd" : "Snap", "code" : 1, "error" : { "detail" : "please login first", "rspCode" : -6 } } ]" I have tested this URL works fine if I log into fullykiosk on port 2323 and select "load other URL".

Any ideas I'd truly appreciate it.

I think I know whats going on, can you tell me if this works for you. Put this into the load url. Its just the url encoded. You probably want to change the guest and MYPASSWORD values. If it works I just need to encode the URL I send to fully.

http%3A%2F%2F192.168.20.18%2Fcgi-bin%2Fapi.cgi%3Fcmd%3DSnap%26channel%3D4%26rs%3DwuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C%26user%3Dguest%26password%3DMYPASSWORD

1 Like

Confirmed that works. Great job.

Great. When I get a moment I'll update the code to encode the url's. I see a few spots I need to make some quick edits.

2 Likes

I have Fully Kiosk Browser installed on a wall mounted Android Tablet. I spent a ton of time getting it set up just so that the tablet screen would turn off when the hub mode was 'away' or 'night'. I have the hub send a Pushover notification to the tablet, then I have tasker running on the tablet watching for that notification to adjust the tablet's screen timeout. Then I have Tasker Auto Notification clear that notification from Pushover so they don't pile up.

This Fully Kiosk Broswer driver seems like a much cleaner, simpler and local approach but I'm hesitant to change anything as my setup is working good and has been for a while.

Can anyone confirm that this is a bulletproof approach to turning the tablet screen on and off when needed?

I have neither Android nor Fully Kiosk but my advice is still “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”
:grinning:
Put this on your todo list when next upgrading or adding something or better yet , put it on hold until your “equal other” suggest an additional function. :stuck_out_tongue::+1:t3:

2 Likes

Yes this driver works great just for that.

Why don't you use the camera sensor for the screen on/off? That's what I do within FK. No motion, no screen. If no one is home the screen just stays off.

2 Likes

I don't know about you, but that doesn't work in low light conditions. At least not with the cameras in the tablets I'm using.

A zigbee or z-wave motion detector in the room where the tablet is located and a RM rule to turn the screen on when motion is detected, and turn the screen off after X minutes when it's not.

Works the way I expect about 95% of the time with the screen turning on in 2-3 seconds. The remainder of the time the screen takes a bit longer than I'd like.

1 Like

What tablets are everybody using and are they rooted or not?

That's too bad. It works fine with my Nvidia tablet.

That's what I do too, it just helps support the internal detection. I also had to change the darkness setting a little on Fully Kiosk as it was a little too sensitive.

1 Like

Just a single Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet here, I don't have it rooted just runs the Fully Kiosk app for Amazon fire tablets and that's it as too keep it running as fast as possible.

2 Likes

My Nividia K1 is rooted.

Just trying this now and it's great, thanks mate.