[RELEASE] Fully Kiosk Browser Controller

I’m really not familiar with how paths are handled on Android.

I put the file in the root of my sdcard and this is what I have to use it. This is on my amazon kindle.

You can try move it to the root or add the download in the path.

file:///storage/sdcard1/DoorNotification.mp3

Hopefully that helps.

Perhaps something occurred and the files were compromised? I have some working files documented and linked on the ST side documentation Notes section of this app.

i did the same and im getting the same error message

Something's weird. Format file:///sdcard/Download/siren.mp3 works for me in ST and HE with the files in the Download folder on two Fire HD8s and an Android smartphone.

Just noticed there is a Fully update dated April 30 queued on all my systems. Perhaps it is Fully?

What version of Fully are yu running currently?

BTW, I am using those same MP3's from the ST site.

1 Like

Just updated to Fully v1.31 and the sounds now work. I was running v1.30 before and there was just an update on Friday.

1.30 on the Android
1.29 on the Hd8s

will try updating fully now

im already on the latest ver 1.31

Sometimes I get a 408 return code from fully when issuing a screen brightness change and sometimes I don't:

dev:2572019-06-13 08:21:42.613 pm trace [sendCommandCallback] response.status: 408

dev:2572019-06-13 08:21:42.544 pm debug [sendCommandPost] [uri:http://192.168.1.45:2323/?type=json&password=xxxxxxx&cmd=setStringSetting&key=screenBrightness&value=200, requestContentType:application/json, contentType:application/json]

dev:2572019-06-13 08:21:42.540 pm trace [sendCommandPost] cmdDetails:cmd=setStringSetting&key=screenBrightness&value=200

dev:2572019-06-13 08:21:42.538 pm trace [setScreenBrightness] value:200

dev:2572019-06-13 08:12:15.519 pm trace [sendCommandCallback] response.status: 200

dev:2572019-06-13 08:12:15.089 pm debug [sendCommandPost] [uri:http://192.168.1.45:2323/?type=json&password=xxxxxxx&cmd=setStringSetting&key=screenBrightness&value=1, requestContentType:application/json, contentType:application/json]

dev:2572019-06-13 08:12:15.087 pm trace [sendCommandPost] cmdDetails:cmd=setStringSetting&key=screenBrightness&value=1

dev:2572019-06-13 08:12:15.086 pm trace [setScreenBrightness] value:1

Any suggestions?

Hmm. I'm not on the latest Fully release and I did notice on the Fully site just now (Fully Kiosk Browser Lockdown | Android Kiosk Mode App) that there have been reported issues with screen brightness not working reliably on FireOS. I'll try upgrading to see if it helps but I may have to handle dimming at night a different way.

408 looks like its a timeout issue. The device probably isn't replying in time for whatever reason.

I've really come to not like the Amazon tablets. Especially for this. I wake up every few days with it rebooted with an update, or just not responding to commands or whatever else that I have to reboot it to get it working again. I really notice this as I use it as my door chime.

I can't remember if FKB has dimming built into the app itself (instead of doing it via HE). If it does you may want to use that instead.

Does anyone know if the driver/ FKB have the capability to launch a specific task in an app? For instance I would like certain contact sensors send the command to my tablet to show a certain camera view or camera in TinyCamPro. In the FKB browser, the launch app commands are a bit different. In this driver, i use the launchapppackage "com.alexvas.dvr.pro", but the FKB uses the bit longer "com.alexvas.dvr.pro/com.alexvas.dvr.MainActivity" I have a tasker command that can launch a specific camera name. Not sure if anyone has an idea how to implement this. For now, i have two camera dashboards in different apps, but thats not the desired approach.

The change history on this thread shows a version 1.20 exists, but in Github the starting comments of this driver displays "Version 1.10". Can someone clarify why the discrepancy and what is the latest version should we expect to use?

Thank You
Troy

Fixed. The code was right, just the version number at the top wasn't updated.

1 Like

Your ImportURL is wrong... you have to use the RAW url

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GvnCampbell/Hubitat/master/Drivers/FullyKioskBrowserController.groovy

This will NEVER import the code as its a BLOB url

https://github.com/GvnCampbell/Hubitat/blob/master/Drivers/FullyKioskBrowserController.groovy
1 Like

Has anyone got the LaunchAppPackage feature working? Just wondering how to get it working on say something like the Rapid Ring app?

I have tried: com.ring.answer/com.ring.answer.presentation.splash.SplashActivity in the Launch App Package box and pressed the button and nothing is launching on the tablet. And yes, Fully is running on the tablet in question.

Try "com.ring.answer".

Thanks that worked, sort of. At least the Rapid Ring app launches. Stupid thing is the Ring apps to not auto rotate, so it launches in portrait instead of landscape.