[RELEASE] Fully Kiosk Browser Controller

These things are not what you would put in a driver. You would need to build an app to do it all so it can subscribe and act based on events. RM is probably the easiest way to do it like you said.

Does this generate events out of FKB? Specifically I was hoping to trigger off of motion detection

Yes. This has been there for a while but there were some limitations. Basically if you were running a dashboard like sharptools it would run in http and couldn't report the events back. It should work with the built in dashboards though if everything is http or everything is https.

However, with the latest version of FKB I requested a feature to allow this and they finally implemented. Good guys over there. Device events from https dashboards can now be reported back to Hubitat.

Update to the latest FKB and driver and click configure so it enables the option in FKB that enables that.

1 Like

I don't see a new version in HPM? I've got 1.39

I don't use HPM. I was playing with it but couldn't get it working for anything on my hub.

You have to update manually.

Edit: I updated the manifest anyways. I can't verify if it works though.

This works great, thanks very much!

Hi - what is the difference between the On and Off buttons and the Screen On and Screen Off buttons? Thanks.

Both turn on/off the screen. Only diff is that Off will also turn off the siren.

1 Like

Is there something similar to FK for PC that can be controlled in a similar way from HE (eg. brightness, screen on/off, play sounds etc)?

I’ve been using FKB with my Sharptools dashboard for 6 months or so. It has been working great! Except for the last week or so, after some period of inactivity, the dashboard goes to the sharptools menu screen (except there’s nothing beneath it). My suspicion is that FKB or Android is turning off the wifi after inactivity. Is there any setting in FKB that sounds like I need to check? (There are a lot of them to sort through, which is awesome, just makes it hard to figure things out like this)

EDIT: it’s definitely the wifi/internet disconnecting on idle. I don’t want to disconnect WIFi or internet ever. I selected reload on internet and wifi reconnect, but I don’t want it to disconnect to begin with. Does FKB control that?

Am using a Kindle Fire, and I recently started experiencing the same problem — and seemed to find a resolution that (knock on wood!) is sticking.

In the tablet’s settings, under power management (or something to that effect), there’s a setting to do with “smart suspend”. I disabled that option, and my tablet hasn’t lost its connection since. Give that a check, and hopefully you’ll be as fortunate as I’ve been :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got an odd one. Love this driver. I use it for a half dozen tablets around the house. But one of the tablets running FKBC (only one of them) generates like 50x the number of hub events per device than the rest of the tablets. It's become a resource hog on the hub, generating . I've checked the device driver parms and everything there looks normal. Could it be something on the FK side? Or with the Fire itself? Appreciate any ideas.....

If you turn on debug logging for that device you can get an idea of what its sending. If its motion alerts then it could be something in the room generating a lot of motion.

1 Like

Bam. You got it. It's catching motion alerts every second or so. Doesn't make sense to me because (a) nothing is moving in the room and windows are shut; (b) they are set for 30 second timeouts.

Does the motion alert every time it senses movement even if it's already in the timeout period, presumably because it then restarts the timeout?

Ya... FKB sends a motion alert almost every second so sometimes it can generate a lot of alerts. The timeout is done at the hub level because FKB doesn't send a "no more motion" alert. So the driver just ignores the motion alerts for the time specified.

Gotcha -- at the risk of asking a stupid question, the log shouldn't be showing motion alerts every second unless FKB thinks there's motion, correct?

The log shows what is sent from the device to the hub. So it will show the motion alerts getting set every second. Something is triggering that on that hub. Motion detection is done via the camera. If that device has a crappy camera it could be triggering it too. Maybe swap it with another one in a less busy area?

1 Like

Just found this app. I always wished it but didn't know until now I could control my tablet using the sensors.

I have installed the driver and created a new device as per the instructions above but the problem is I can't get it to work and nothing comes up in the logs either. The password I have entered is definitely correct so not sure what else I need to check.

I figured it out myself. I had copied the ip address from the browser so realised I forgot to remove http.

@gavincampbell Will the battery level update date/time stamp if the battery level doesn't change? I just turned on polling the other day, but my battery (latest Kindle Fired HD) reports last updated on 8/27 at 100%. The kindle may not have dropped below 100% since I have been polling. Thanks.