[RELEASE] Follow Me - Speaker control with priority messaging, volume controls, voices and sound files!

@bptworld Can't get sound files to play or priority voices to work. Is there any issue with my setup?

fyi, in the logs it says "Emma" but I'm hearing the default Hubitat voice (not Emma and not Russell).
1. Rule:

2. FollowMe setup

3. Logs

4. FollowMe parent (soundfile)

5. FollowMe parent (speakers). Not sure if it matters. Testing various setups.

Also, the "voice setup option" summary isn't correct. Appears it's repeating the first item "voiceFun" but the item values are correct for each. I can't get the voices to work yet though.

I don't think sounds and voices work with Sonos? Looking at the log, it's skipping the sounds/voices because it doesn't have the ability to play them.

It worked in an earlier version. I since moved and had to setup all from scratch so got the latest version. Is there a way I can go back to an older version? Voices work from the test screen but not when passed as parameters. Sound files definitely worked before on Sonos---that's why I used this app (sonos only).

1 Like

Can you show me a Sonos device screen?

Thanks

Here ya go. Think this is what you asked for.

Plant Ledge Sonos device

1 Like

Also, I'm not sure if voices worked in the old version as I didn't use that. However, the sound file definitely worked. One of the best features.

Update: I was able to access my old HE hub and can hopefully just copy/paste the old FollowMe code to the new hub and use that. FYI, V1.0.1 - 04/03/19 is what I was using with sonos that worked. Child was V2.0.0 - 08/04/19.

Update 2: Got sounds to work using old What Did I Say device and Basic Rule. Does not work with Rules Engine. (Tried Play Track and Restore...and Speak. Both played sound and voice)

I have a sudden problem, nothing has changed in my setup. But now after a speech message being delivered to the Follow Me device (then to EchoSpeaks) the volume on the Echo device is then being reset to 100 after each announcement? Anyone else had this issue?

I have it set to revert volume to 30 but for some reason it's pumping all active devices to 100 after every notification.