[RELEASE] Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222

New release 1.7.7:

"releaseNotes": "Modified reinstall confirmation step (reset after 5 min.), added a switch for normal or inverted alarm NO/NC behavior, defaults to legacy (inverted), added logical operators and water/pressure capabilities to analog child",

To execute the reinstall command, you now have to first enable the "Enable 'reinstall" toggle switch and then "save preferences. The reinstall command will then be "live" for 5 minutes, after which the toggle will revert back to disabled.

The inputs, when configured as normally open or closed alarms were inverted when I first implemented the driver (normally open was normally closed and vice-versa). A new toggle switch was added to either keep that behavior or select a normal one. It defaults to the legacy behavior (inverted).

For the analog child, I added the water and pressure capabilities as well as some logical operators for the equations (and, or, not ). I now use an implant for a radon sump fan pressure sensor and another one for a water leak rope sensor.

New release 1.7.8:

"releaseNotes": "Adding parameter numbers to descriptions",

While I was at it this morning... This request was made previously and I can see the benefit when using the "Check Config" command and reading the corresponding log output.

1 Like

Thanks so much, again! Your eagle eyes noticed a 24v power supply, but its 12v. I must have repurposed a diagram and got sloppy.

I will internalize and work with these postings over the next couple of days and get back to you. This last diagram will be a big help!

Excellent, then you don't need the 400ohms resistor.

That worked great! Thanks!!

Sorry I didn't see the 'reinstall' post 14 in the thread, thanks for pointing me to it / adding to the top entry.

My child device now looks like yours, except it's missing the 'Status attribute for Devices/Rooms' in the bottom right corner of the Preferences section - is that useful and if so how could I add that?

Also, the device 'type' is now 'Fibaro FGBS-222 Child Analog Input' but is not grayed out and I can still change it but won't.

Voltage now reports to the child every change but no more frequently than every 30 seconds (acceptable for my intents) - I've made a rule to trigger lights off when voltage (custom attribute of child device) drops below 20v and turns lights back on when back over 20v.

I'll use the polling suggestion if I want voltage readings more often.

Thanks again!!

No idea, I didn't use the Hubitat rooms feature yet. That attribute is added by the Hub, maybe you are using an older hub release?

Glad to see that it worked out!

We ALL were!!! Don't feel bad!
This community is VERY helpful so don't hesitate to ask questions.
We ALL learn!

It appears the FGBS-222 outputs are switched (on/off). If I wanted to use one of them as a pulsed output (to mimic a garage door opener button), I would simply turn off the output and immediately turn it back on correct?

Could this driver be updated with an option (and associated button logic) to set the outputs to pulse/button mode?

I think these implant parameters would allow you to do that:

Output 1 - auto off:
[156] This parameter defines time after which OUT1 will be automatically deactivated. Available settings: 0 - auto off disabled. 1-27000 (0.1s-45min, 0.1s step). Default setting: 0 (auto off disabled)

Output 1 - logic of operation
[154] This parameter defines logic of OUT1 output operation.

You could also write a rule to do the same thing.

Nothing to add to this conversation other than that I gave us with the implant after months of aggro. Moved to konnected // nodemcu's. Never looked back.

/ offtopic

I used to get this but associated it with below 0 temps.
That being said I did get it a few days ago and it's 15c and pouring rain.
This has been the wettest May and June I can remember.
The northwest coast is suffering from Global Unwarming".

Didn't see those at the parent device level. Thank you!

I need help about equation. The documentation about equation isn't clear for me.
I have a sensor 1 to 10volts to measure water level in my pool. The scaling of my sensor is 1 volt = 0 meter of water and 10 volt = 2 meter of water.
What equation I should write in analog input 1 to convert raw voltage to meter of water?

Thanks for help!

( (Sensor Voltage - 1 {Sensor Voltage @ 0% level}) / (9 {Full Sensor Voltage range}) ) * 2m {Full measurement range}

Use this equation:

2*(rawVoltage-1)/9

If you want to round the number to 2 decimals:

round(2*100*(rawVoltage-1)/9)/100

I don't know any "capabilities" that work in meters so you could create your own variable or just use the "voltage" or "temperature" ones...

Also note that depending on the implants supply voltage, the voltage read by the implant might not be 0-10V so you might want to calibrate it [edit: if you use the implant's internal pull-up, which you probably aren't...]

My implant locked-up again last night, and a power cycle did not recover it.
Looks like a hub reboot did though. Noticed I started getting the following errors in the log when the unit locked-up:

Could this be a driver issue? Sorry I turned off the debug logging because things seemed stable, but I can turn it back on. The lock-up only occurs every 4-6 weeks, so it may be some time before I can provide more data.
Also, the log errors continued after the Implant reboot, but stopped when I rebooted the hub.

Probably the same problem as before (link). Your hub seems to be overloaded in general. The implant is probably just one of the devices generating the highest loads, even if in normal circumstances that load wouldn't be excessive.

I use to have excessive hub loads from time to time (unrelated to the implant) due to the hub just getting "dirty" with time. I just automatically reboot my hub once a week using the "rebooter" app.

Thanks. Looking at all of the logs, there were many other devices throwing similar errors.
Also, the memory and load stats I log every 15mins from Hub Information Driver had stopped updating. Will setup the auto reboot.

update: didn't get it working, still interested in this approach but had to put this effort on pause for a while. In the meantime the Zooz external motion sensor with optional 12v power supply (ZSE70) came to market so I'm trying those for my use case. Thanks again for your support.

1 Like