[Release] Fibaro FGS-224, FGS-223 and FGS-222

@cdorbesi
Curious, looks like a different encryption method was used when the device was added to your hub. I assume S0 given the C5 hub may not support S2? Or something like that? (you can see this information in the zwave settings page)
I cant work out how you have secure pairing but no S2 setting otherwise, though my understanding of the encryption side is pretty poor :rofl:

EDIT: I assume you have tried refresh and configure? What do you see in live logs for this?

To be honest, I have no clue how the encryption works.
Yes, I have tried the 'configure' and refresh buttons, and some others too as well (eg, component on).
Some of them give errors on the log and the refresh only output something on the log when doing from the child devices (but nothing from Parent)

The list of settings are also different in my case. I don't see as many as you do.

Something that also called my attention is that the 'Current status' section is completely empty.
I have reset the device and done the inclusion again with the exact same result, so far :frowning:

I went to the zWave settings and it only list all z-wave devices. I don't any other info.

What I can say about the zwave is: it is the European version, which at the C5 it was an external usb stick.

If you have any idea of what should I try to do next, I really appreciate it :slight_smile:
Thanks

@cjcharles - Is there any way to disable the debug logging? It can be switched off on the child device (generic component switch) but there is no option in the preferences for the device itself. Thanks.

Ive just added an update to HPM that gives the option to remove some of the debug logging. It will still leave one message for every transition controlled through the Hubitat functions, but all wall related switching will now be invisible when disabled (I left the hubitat control logs as that sometimes helps debug apps which are controlling the lights).

1 Like

@cjcharles that's great - thanks so much. I'll run the update.

That works great. It's just giving me "on1", "off1" which is all I need - thanks again.

For those who use this driver, it may be worth your while to update the driver to the latest version. @cjcharles made some changes to the driver, especially targeting the FGS-222. There was an issue with the status S2 not updating in webCore. It would e.g. not update the status of the relay as being off in HE, if the relays is set to turn off automatically after a set number of milliseconds.
After the update, the status of the relays is almost instantly updated in HE.
These relays are very useful. I have at least 10 of these with various use cases. E.g., I use them to control Somfy curtain controllers. To do that, I use the FGS-222 as a toggle switch but with auto-turnoff of both contacts set to 10 ms. The contact therefore only opens for a moment to simulate a button push to control the Somfy. S1 is used to open the curtains and S2 to close them. (The original Somfy remote has two buttons - one for opening and one for closing the curtains.)
Many thanks to @cjcharles for sharing the driver and for his continued support thereof.

1 Like

Hi @cjcharles,

Thx for The driver for 224. I do have some stupid questions from a befinner. I've read that no pairing should be done with hubitat in secure mode and hence i didnt pair 224 in secure mode but used a stick instead. And here comes my questions (have no freaking idea of what Im doing just so you know).

I get my lamps from. S1 and S2 to work properly but i honestly dont know how to get a held command on s2 to control my scene which has a network id Im guessing i should send to a specific parameter of some sort? Or is it The non-secure pairing that messes me up?

If you have any reading or something that points me in any direction i would love that. When i had my home center this device had a remote controller attatched but not in your driver, which is killing me atm :rofl:

Ive only ever paired Fibaro's in the default mode that they do automatically, hence mostly this is the secure mode (S0 or S2). In theory it shouldnt matter from my own understanding, and this driver (224 and 222 only, not 223) has a very simple switch that tries to use secure messaging where it is paired securely.

So to actually answer your question I think you are right, you need to work out what configuration parameter has a scene for the 'held' command. I dont use scenes at all, so afraid I cant help you much here at all, but I think a read of the Fibaro manual should give you some indication.

What are you actually trying to accomplish? (e.g. hold S2 and turn off all lights in the house?) Depending on this you might find the easiest option is just to do it in rule machine (though I appreciate/expect that might have a tiny bit extra lag, but would also be more powerful in what you could achieve).

1 Like

Thats exactly what im trying to figure out. For dimmer devices its easy to add a button controller but not for the fgs-224. Hence im not able to create a "held" rule either. Only on or off. Maybe ive missed something but from what i can see in rule machine its only or off..

Thanks for your reply!

Got it, I've just added the button capability to the fgs224 device handler on GitHub. I expect I'll need to configure it rather than hubitat handling it natively, but it should now appear as a button trigger in rule machine (but maybe won't do much yet, will need to test)

1 Like

Tried it out and as you say its missing some config. From my very limites knowledge i located this in another driver of yours.

if (settings."20" == "0") Info("Switch configured as Momentary") else logging("Switch type not configured")
switch (cmd.sceneId) {
// Momentary S1
case 16: // 1x click
buttonEvent(1, "pushed")
break
case 14: // 2x click
buttonEvent(1, "doubleTapped")
break.......
And a def button at the end. From my perspective i could just go with param 41 but i think ? Both 40 & 41 should be cinfigured. If i can give you a hand or maybe point me in the direction i would love to help but java isnt my cup of tea but my sql knowledge at least give me a little understanding of whats going on (i think)

This surprises me as I just did a quick test and it seems to fire button events as expected. What is it that you are not seeing? And what are you seeing in the logs?

@nicklas.hansson.alta
Does the deleted message implied you found a solution or got it working? I confess I never tested hold as I don't have momentary buttons so double click and hold never triggered for me, but I will investigate with a mock button if that's the case.

1 Like

Got it working. Updated via hubitat amd then i managed to get it working!

Thanks for your help @cjcharles !!

What do you mean updated via hubitat? As in you found the latest changes I added to GitHub earlier? Or made further changes to what I wrote?

Hello,
newbie question here.
I just got my Hubitat yesterday, coming from smartthings. Of course the first device I tried to pair was a Fibaro FGS-223. Initial paring of course mapped it as a Fibaro Switch. From there I found your driver and learned how to upgrade drivers on a Hubitat.

I swapped the driver on the switch to the Fibaro Double Switch 2 FSG-223 and saved.

New Driver works but when i hit On / Off on the dashboard (or driver page) both lights toggle at once. Looking at others screenshots on this thread I noticed that they have On1 Off1 On2 Off2 toggles on the command page. I don't see those options.

I have tried excluding the switch and re-including it. When i did that the switch defaults to the OOTB driver, not the updated driver. When i change the driver, i gain the additional Commands / preferences but still don't have the ability to toggle individual switches.

Thank you for any help / guidance you can provide.
Mike
p.s. I am posting without a screen shot as i get an error message when attempting at add the screen shot. If i work that out i will add.

If added correctly when you click ‘configure’ I think it should create 2 child devices - 1 for each switch

Youre right that the parent 223 doesnt have the on1/2 style commands (unlike 222 and 224) - its because it wasnt originally written by me and Im just doing maintenance of it. However I have since added on1/2 and off1/2 to the 223 device at a parent level, so if you update now you should be able to do it without child devices (though child devices are probably still better anyway!)

Where do i find the child devices? I have hit configure but nothing seems to happen.
again apologize for the basic questions.
Mike